PDA

View Full Version : Scapa Flow

twitch2395
08-30-2005, 11:33 PM
Is there a way to make the entrance to scapa flow more historically accurat?(mines, sub nets, scuttled ships, etc)

twitch2395
08-30-2005, 11:33 PM
Is there a way to make the entrance to scapa flow more historically accurat?(mines, sub nets, scuttled ships, etc)

Patriotkg
09-01-2005, 01:33 AM
Does anybody find anything "usefull" in ports, I have been to ports from Alexandria to Norfolk (Even shot at the harbour instalations in Malta), but no ships except DDs

Trydan
09-01-2005, 01:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Patriotkg:
Does anybody find anything "usefull" in ports </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Depends on the level of "mods". With World Mod, RuB 1.43+, Harbour Traffic and other mods, you can find all sorts of interesting targets from captial ships, to moored tankers, to flottillas of fishing trawlers.

In the original game, you will only find non-DD/PT targets in some select ports, and at select times. To find out which ones, visit: The Community Manual (http://www.communitymanuals.com/shiii/index.php?title=Hunting_Grounds) and scroll down to the "spoiler" at the bottom of that page.

semperfi2005
09-01-2005, 06:27 AM
With the latest patch most ports have ships moored in berths. Actually with that patch the ports now have actual docks and such. Last night I snuck into Loch Ewe and found an Illustrious in an real berth, a Fiji, and a Bogue. There were also some destroyers at random berths and a few cargo ships.

The_Silent_O
09-01-2005, 07:17 AM
I went into Freetown last night expecting to find C2 and C3s laden with precious bananas...only to find one slow moving and easily killed destroyer.

it was Aug 43...

But I did slay many aircraft on the way there!
(dual 37s and quad 20s mounted on my IXB)