PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the next AC instalment...

shedsinger
12-16-2011, 03:52 PM
So the end of Revelations leaves the plot open for yet another Desmond journey. I for one am perfectly fine with cutting ties with him and looking to start a new chapter with a new character.
Now don't get me wrong, I love the entire AC franchise, but each game thus far has pretty much been the same as the last with a few minor improvements along the way. I don't know if I have it in me to shell out another $60+ just to basically play the same story line for a fourth year in a row.
What about a chapter of the assassins in ancient China? Assassins vs Ninjas sounds pretty cool to me. Or perhaps a chapter on the high seas. Pirate assassins anyone? Or what about during the rise of the British empire? The possibilities are virtually endless.
Maybe I'm alone on this one, but I'm not sure I can take a fourth installment of the same thing all over again with a few "tweaks" added.
Anyone concur? Or have suggestions for other eras you'd like to see for the next saga? Or maybe I'm an *** and you'd prefer to keep riding the Desmond train as far it'll go? lol. Either way, would like to hear your thoughts. Thanks.

misterB2001
12-16-2011, 03:56 PM
why on earth would they spend 4 games building up to the whole 2012 plot, to suddenly dump it and change direction?

Desmonds story will continue in AC3 and that will likely be the end of it for him.

ProdiGurl
12-16-2011, 04:04 PM
All I hope is that AC3 isn't all Desmond. I want to meet & play w/ the new Assassin too.

SolidSage
12-16-2011, 04:05 PM
I'd like to complete Desmonds story. If it happens in the next one, cool. I actually would enjoy playing AS Desmond now too, which I hated the prospect of in the last three games. Go figure.
New Assassin's, environments and ancestors would be fine, so would a new protagonist. Or keep the same, it's all good with me.
Unlike you, I am happy to buy an upgraded AC every year, anything that extends my time with what I consider to be the best game engine/interface on the planet. I love it, it is supremely satisfying.
I would be quite happy to just purchase new city maps every year, with some additional outfits and weapon packs, couple of upgraded or new abilities and a TON of new contracts. Mission packs could be quarterly DLC for all I care. There just has to be a lot of content, this game could easily be a part of my staple gaming diet if the devs could churn out the content, fast enough to keep up with my voracious appetite for it.
Go back and add new missions and contracts to old city maps if you like. I'd love to be able to take ACR mechanics to all the old locations, and hop between them all at leisure.

r4inm4n1991
12-16-2011, 05:27 PM
My thoughts,
Have more stealth options like disguise.
Interesting random events that takes you to play for hours.
When in top of a building you should have the that feel that your very high(vertiginous?)
Light clothes!
Better stealh kill animations with every weapon.
Being able to choose the kill animation(stick up, stick down...and so on)

I more ideas but those are the ones that came up first in my mind, it would be a gigantic list.
I trust in Ubisoft ideas though!
Thanks for the amazing games!!!

kriegerdesgottes
12-17-2011, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
All I hope is that AC3 isn't all Desmond.

Ugh that would be terrible. Lucky for us, that is not the case as they have made it pretty clear there will be a new assassin.

ProdiGurl
12-17-2011, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
All I hope is that AC3 isn't all Desmond.

Ugh that would be terrible. Lucky for us, that is not the case as they have made it pretty clear there will be a new assassin. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/partyhat.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/partyhat.gif

Thanks, I didn't know that. I was sweating it. lol

SixKeys
12-17-2011, 08:11 AM
It wouldn't make any sense to make the story all about Desmond, anyway. The driving force behind AC (as a franchise) is about being able to visit exotic historical locations. Virtually nobody would buy the game if they suddenly dumped the historical part altogether.

CanterburyTales
12-19-2011, 02:23 PM
I have a feeling that this next ancestor will, at least at some point in his/her life, was in the vicinity of what is now Turin, New York and discovered the Grand Temple there, and the knowledge this memory contains will be critical to Desmond using the Temple to save the world.

LightRey
12-19-2011, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by CanterburyTales:
I have a feeling that this next ancestor will, at least at some point in his/her life, was in the vicinity of what is now Turin, New York and discovered the Grand Temple there, and the knowledge this memory contains will be critical to Desmond using the Temple to save the world.
If that is the case that would beg the question how that knowledge was lost.

Black_Widow9
12-19-2011, 08:42 PM
Please post this here-
Assassin's Creed 3 (and beyond) #2.0 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/6831010868)
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>