PDA

View Full Version : ST-90 Digital Throttle

Grand_Armee
07-02-2007, 10:46 PM
I needed a new stick, so I bought an Saitek ST-90. I'd have gone for a model with more buttons, but a lack of selection (this was the only Saitek in 5 stores tried) and impatience (don't want to wait on mail-order) decided the issue.

I used to think my heavy hands caused the plane to bob and weave like a featherweight boxer. However, it was my crappy old joystick.

Anyway, to the crux of the matter. My joystick has a digital throttle. In troubleshooting mode it works great. However when mapping my controls it doesn't do a damn thing...nor does it increase or decrease engine RPM's.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

eggnotbacon
07-03-2007, 05:07 AM
i have the same stick
only advice i can give is do what i did with it.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d99/jaffer007/IMG_2483.jpg

fabianfred
07-04-2007, 05:45 AM
I just got a new Saitek Aviator.... works great with il2

Amazon have them as do several ebay dealers

looks like you use those pedals in bare feet? better grip that way?
they must be better than a twist gripo though...

Anti_Ship_Fella
07-04-2007, 10:42 AM
where is that dig throttle? pic requested (label it)

Grand_Armee
07-04-2007, 11:24 PM
The digital throttle buttons are the two you see on the above picture with orange dots. Between them is a row of lights under a piece of clear blue plastic.

Eggnotbacon...do your throttle buttons work or not?

fabianfred
07-05-2007, 02:25 AM
in the Hotas set-up the controls for throttle are usually a slider...

try assigning the buttons in the main controls section to + or - for the throttle.... the 1 to 0 keys also work the throttle in steps I believe

yes...I just looked.... default settings are
Increase engine power...numpad+
decrease engine power...numpad-

try assigning those to your buttons

eggnotbacon
07-05-2007, 05:34 AM
the throttle sort of worked,if i remember rightly.
it only did 25 percent things,sorry can't think of right word.basically push the button once and the throttle increases from 0 to 25 push a gain and it increases from 25 to 50 and so on up to 100.
to assign the throttle go to the hotas section
at the bottom of controler section.
i got this stick ages ago for my little nephew to stop him wrecking my stick,but he would not use it.said it was rubbish.
yes i usually play bare foot or in socks,it gets pretty hot down there.and yes they are sooo much better than a twist stick.