PDA

View Full Version : FBD stats or server side suggestion for a rankings addition in FBD 2, possible?

Mysticpuma2003
01-06-2005, 10:16 AM
Hi, I was toying with this idea, after remembering something like it was implemented in Air Attack on the old Wireplay service. I'd like to know what others think, and if we can get the guys who create stats/ server to work on it.

I fly under the tag of Mysticpuma and when I join a server it says something like "Mysticpuma from the United Kingdom joins the game".
Take for an example the FBD stats on UK dedicated. After I have flown online it tells me that I have 'x' hit percentage, 'x' K/D ratio, 'x' enemy kills, etc,.

My question is this; In Air Attack, the server recognised the player name, and kill/death ratio. What it then did, when a certain tally was reached, would give you a ranking i.e, NCO Mysticpuma joins, or Wing Commander Mysticpuma joins.

What I was wondering is, could FBD stats for each server (which would be server side controlled) have a trigger setting that would give a player a ranking. So that if I shoot a plane down it would say "Squadron Leader Mysticpuma disables 'anonymous' controls.

I think you should get the idea of what I'm asking for. It's just I thought this would raise the competativeness and morale, where a lower ranked player takes down a higher ranked from the other side he would feel a sense of pride in his flying, or if you get shot down by a lower ranking, you aim to tighten up your act and get revenge to show that your worthy of the rank.

I think it would have to be server-side controlled to stop people modding their config.ini file or logs, and directly linked to fbd stats which obviously keeps your scores on that particular server.

Well I thought I'd put it forward as an idea, but what do you guys think?

Mysticpuma2003
01-06-2005, 10:16 AM
Hi, I was toying with this idea, after remembering something like it was implemented in Air Attack on the old Wireplay service. I'd like to know what others think, and if we can get the guys who create stats/ server to work on it.

I fly under the tag of Mysticpuma and when I join a server it says something like "Mysticpuma from the United Kingdom joins the game".
Take for an example the FBD stats on UK dedicated. After I have flown online it tells me that I have 'x' hit percentage, 'x' K/D ratio, 'x' enemy kills, etc,.

My question is this; In Air Attack, the server recognised the player name, and kill/death ratio. What it then did, when a certain tally was reached, would give you a ranking i.e, NCO Mysticpuma joins, or Wing Commander Mysticpuma joins.

What I was wondering is, could FBD stats for each server (which would be server side controlled) have a trigger setting that would give a player a ranking. So that if I shoot a plane down it would say "Squadron Leader Mysticpuma disables 'anonymous' controls.

I think you should get the idea of what I'm asking for. It's just I thought this would raise the competativeness and morale, where a lower ranked player takes down a higher ranked from the other side he would feel a sense of pride in his flying, or if you get shot down by a lower ranking, you aim to tighten up your act and get revenge to show that your worthy of the rank.

I think it would have to be server-side controlled to stop people modding their config.ini file or logs, and directly linked to fbd stats which obviously keeps your scores on that particular server.

Well I thought I'd put it forward as an idea, but what do you guys think?

Mysticpuma2003
01-07-2005, 02:35 AM
13 of you obviously think not, OK, nothing ventured...and all that!

gates123
01-07-2005, 10:13 AM
and you think kill-stealers are bad now.....

Kasdeya
01-07-2005, 10:44 AM
Really not a bad Idea. I think that gates comment has merit, but KS would have to be weary of being booted for too many steals. I fly UK also and really dont have that problem there, though i cannot say that about other servers(no Idea, I mainly fly coops). Would be a good addition, but also one that can be turned off if not wanted.

Mysticpuma2003
01-08-2005, 04:24 PM
Kasdeya thx for taking the time to reply, I thought it was a good addition, but not many takers. Oh well!

TgD Thunderbolt56
01-08-2005, 07:52 PM
Suggestions for additions/tweaks to the FBDaemon code can be more readily discussed in the greatergreen forums. The writers of the most recent version (Sammie and Lunix) have a forum thread for this very thing.

See it here: http://www.greatergreen.com/scripts/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi?s=e84d7e1e952882ae119f64d2b44afe94;a ct=SC;c=12

TB