PDA

View Full Version : horses

altairego
04-25-2008, 07:29 AM
folks,
i have a problem: how do i fight from a horse? Tried it and does not seem to work for me. Any tips?

cooldude6681
04-25-2008, 08:37 AM
Just mash on the attack button, and Altaïr should start swinging his sword. Occasionally you'll see one of the swarming guards fall over dead, then another a little while later. There doesn't really seem to be a method to the madness. Just make sure you keep moving otherwise they'll trip your horse.

drego5
04-25-2008, 11:06 PM
This is actually something I've started doing a lot of recently, and it's pretty fun, albeit fairly lame. When I see a group of 9 or so Crusaders/Saracens on patrol, I draw my sword, come up behind them, and just start swinging. Sometimes you can control which side of the horse he swings on, but sometimes it doesn't quite understand. And I ride the horse around them a couple times, continually taking swings at whoever's left. Usually, guards die in 1/2 the swings it would normally take.

Like I said, a bit lame, but pretty funny.

Anyways.. Remember that only your Longsword can be drawn while you're on the horse. The moment you mount it, the longsword is automatically selected, and the other options greyed-out. Select it again, and you can draw it without swinging it. Then just use the attack button and go to town.

dingsi
04-25-2008, 11:16 PM
The sound of the impact never plays when I attack from horseback...

almagam
04-25-2008, 11:48 PM
stay off the horse man i was riding to damascus they cut my horse i fell it was 10 of them they kept cutting me i killed 7 the three killed me cause my bar was down. message stay off the horse

altairego
04-26-2008, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by almagam:
stay off the horse man i was riding to damascus they cut my horse i fell it was 10 of them they kept cutting me i killed 7 the three killed me cause my bar was down. message stay off the horse

that's what i usually do -- i like to practice the short blade (the things it does to a guard's insides...)
message received.

altairego
04-26-2008, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by dingsi:
The sound of the impact never plays when I attack from horseback...

it does for me. try lowering the graphic settings in the game -- it's responsible for most sound problems i found

altairego
04-26-2008, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by cooldude6681:
Just mash on the attack button, and Altaïr should start swinging his sword. Occasionally you'll see one of the swarming guards fall over dead, then another a little while later. There doesn't really seem to be a method to the madness. Just make sure you keep moving otherwise they'll trip your horse.

how fast should i try to move? gallop?

altairego
04-26-2008, 09:45 AM

did you try and block them?

almagam
04-26-2008, 12:12 PM
yeah i blocked them but my bar was down do get me wrong im not one of the guys who has promblems i am a master at that game just had bad luck that day

ThePheonix1030
04-26-2008, 12:53 PM
Altairego, use the edit button to avoid double/triple/quadruple posting, and welcome to the forums http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

As for horseback, I find it slightly difficult to hit guards, so I just charge towards them and knock them over http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

altairego
04-26-2008, 01:42 PM
i am a master at that game just had bad luck that day[/QUOTE]

i see. altair did not get much sleep i guess that day so his reflexes were not up to snuff. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif))

altairego
04-26-2008, 01:43 PM
As for horseback, I find it slightly difficult to hit guards, so I just charge towards them and knock them over http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif[/QUOTE]

I do that... the screaming "stop him!"
or when they notice me if i am not blending and shout in french "assasin".

thanks for the input

moqqy
04-26-2008, 02:16 PM
yeah i blocked them but my bar was down do get me wrong im not one of the guys who has promblems i am a master at that game just had bad luck that day

Ten guys I can take without dying when I'm naked, haven't slept in four and half days, blindfolded, left arm cut off, haven't eaten in two months, drank in a few nights and backwards to the TV.

almagam
04-26-2008, 02:18 PM
dude i was having a bad day dont get smart with me

moqqy
04-26-2008, 02:44 PM
"Bad day" is an excuse I hear a lot. I don't believe in those.

almagam
04-26-2008, 03:10 PM
on that day smart mouth it was monady i was switching classes i forget my homework in the one i was leaving.mom got mad got grounded thats why i was off my game

moqqy
04-27-2008, 05:12 AM
on that day smart mouth it was monady i was switching classes i forget my homework in the one i was leaving.mom got mad got grounded thats why i was off my game

And how did all that affect your gaming?

altairego
04-27-2008, 09:14 AM
psychologically most likely -- he was so upset. happened to me too a time or two.