PDA

View Full Version : Caveat Emptor: Mysterious Death

Jack-Reacher
10-25-2010, 11:01 PM
Basic rules for a mysterious death is to kill the target with poison without being seen or killing any other guards, using any groups to help you out etc. Im not allowed to have the arrows appear on their head

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5bFBE_ggvw

This one was a pain, was almost convinced it was impossible. I have 2 versions, one for Incognito and one for Notorious ( turned HUD off but you can tell by cape and music).

The basic rules for this target is that he starts off talking to the Seeker, and if you get close enough he will walk to the store. Once he gets to the store, its pretty much impossible to do a Mysterious Death thanks to the Seeker, who will be alerted to you even while Incognito. I tried Hyperblending and dropping down to poison, but its impossible to get away from the seeker before the blend wears off.

The first clip is Incognito. I had to wait for a crowd to go along this particular entrance. Once you get close enough he walks towards the shop, and you can time it perfectly to poison him and walk around the corner. It might be possible to be Notorious here, but finding a crowd with all those guards outside is a real pain.

The second clip is me Notorious. The idea here is to hyper blend and poison him at the exact same spot as last time. If you hold R1 and start jumping the second you climb up, you can keep your blend. You can do this to any white sheet free running steps as well. As soon as you grab onto the rope and swing around the corner, he starts walking. You gotta jump right next to him, if you bump him and poison him he will stay on the spot. However if you jump next to him and poison him, he will walk up to the shop anyway, and the Seeker will follow him, making it easier to walk around the corner without being noticed. I was unlucky with crowds and didnt want to risk leaving the theives, it took me like 2 hours to get all this right

Rakudaton
10-26-2010, 04:16 AM
This "hyperblending" thing is a cheat, right? Or whatever you want to call it - it's not something you're supposed to be able to do, I'm sure. So what's the point? If you're going to cheat, use one that makes you permanently undetectable. Or that lets you instantly kill the guy in your mission without getting anywhere near him. If you want to impress, why not try doing it the way it's meant to be done?

PhiIs1618033
10-26-2010, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by Rakudaton:
This "hyperblending" thing is a cheat, right? Or whatever you want to call it - it's not something you're supposed to be able to do, I'm sure. So what's the point? If you're going to cheat, use one that makes you permanently undetectable. Or that lets you instantly kill the guy in your mission without getting anywhere near him. If you want to impress, why not try doing it the way it's meant to be done?
Technically, hyperblending and superblending are glitches. It's cheating if you use them, but they can get handy if you're in a real pinch. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Jack-Reacher
10-26-2010, 03:43 PM
I have done it the way its meant to be done, I have a video on it somewhere. This is just my opinion but those cheats sounded kinda boring...

You would be surprised how long it took to set this up, its way harder than it looked, it took a lot of timing to set that jump up.

And the first clip I didnt use a glitch, I simply used the crowd to sneak him. If you call that a cheat I dont know what isnt

rgextreme
10-26-2010, 05:42 PM
Why not just poison the Seeker? He will eventually go all crazy, swinging his lance everywhere and whatnot and he will kill the man he is guarding...

Jack-Reacher
10-26-2010, 06:07 PM
Read the first line of the opening post. IanX04 made up a challenge called Mysterious Death where you can ONLY kill the target with poison and no one else. I like to try this out in other contracts as well as its a fun challenge. Some of them are impossible without hyperblend, in this case I showed 2 ways how to do it, one without glitching and another glitching. I also poisoned the seeker in another clip for entertainment, but he only hits the target once and doesnt kill him

rgextreme
10-26-2010, 06:47 PM
Gotcha http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I suppose it's things like this that will have to keep us entertained until Nov. 16...

Jack-Reacher
10-26-2010, 09:48 PM
If you want you could send a request to me for assassination contracts. First watch a few more of mine on my channel so you get an idea of what can be done, there are a few contracts I wanna update as I know more about the game now. It could be a stunt or a certain requirement for beating the level.

Dont send requests for story missions, I have had to replay the game so many times to get most of what I wanted filmed I aint replaying it again!

ProjectXigis
10-27-2010, 02:10 PM
Excuse me for asking, but what is "hyperblending"?

Jack-Reacher
10-27-2010, 02:38 PM
It would be best to search youtube for Ians video, but il try explain myself. Basically when you blend with a group of people, your maps outline turns green, meaning you are invisible to guards. If you walk outside that group of people, you dont lose the blend instantly, look at the first clip when I poison him. If you leave the group and do ANY high profile action by pressing R1, you lose the blend instantly.

However if you leave the blend and just fast walk around, you keep it for like 4 seconds or something. Now here is where hyperblendin/superblending comes in. While you are in that state, if you enter a position where Ezio isnt standing, say on a ladder or crouched on a beam, he will keep that blend until it wears off. So basically if you are in a group of courtesans and there is a ladder nearby, blend with them and walk onto the ladder. Now if you watch my video it turns into a game of the floor (and roof) is made of lava, as soon as you enter a standing position you lose the blend. Hyperblending is when you enter a stand position and you keep the blend for a few seconds as if you entered a group.

Oatkeeper
10-27-2010, 05:34 PM
lets see you do this on "No laughing matter"... That center one is impossible D:

Jack-Reacher
10-27-2010, 06:14 PM
Ok il give it a shot now. Heres my previous video for it where I use a double courtesan trick. Basically if you use one group of courtesans to distract the guards, you can use another to be invisible and take out as many as you want, its not a glitch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQCq_3mXm3A

Jack-Reacher
10-27-2010, 09:06 PM
Ok gave it a shot. I can do the 2 side ones easy, but your right the center one is quite impossible if you want to do it Notorious. If you sneak up behind him, even in hyperblend, the guards somehow spot you instantly as you poison him, makes no sense.

Anyway you can do it in Incognito status which is enough for me at the moment. Simply run around outside the guard barrier, the target will bolt it when he sees you and you can simply chase after him and poison him. For the mysterious death challenge the target can see you because he cant tell them what he saw once he is dead right?

Oatkeeper
10-28-2010, 08:37 PM
Ok these 2 are possible but Hard

"Reap What you Sow" (This one is very tricky becuase the target is surrounded and even if you get in you still have to get out before the target throws a fit and get the guards looking inside, lol) would love a video if you want to make one becuase this one is incredibly tricky on Notorious.

HINT: If you hyperblend the guards will start a chase as you enter but because you are "hidden" they cant actually see you. So its acceptable to get seen under that context.

"Blade in the crowd" this one is hard simply because you have to get to your targets really quickly because of how long poison takes vs the time limit. No video required because this one is very do-able once you know your targets paths.

Jack-Reacher
10-28-2010, 09:28 PM
Uh if IIRC Reap What You Sow sounds way different, isnt that the one where the target is in the country side by the haystack and viewpoint? Theres like one guard not even facing him. Would like to try the one you were thinking of though

Oatkeeper
10-28-2010, 10:22 PM
thats funny, I thought that was the correct one

just checked, I think the correct one was "Political_Suicide" (hes in a tunnel or something)

Jack-Reacher
10-29-2010, 02:14 AM
Ok managed to do it! But its kinda borderline on what you call a Mysterious Death, I will post the topic once I upload it.

I still havent filmed No laughing matter, but iv done it in game