PDA

View Full Version : Open World?

Feweh
11-06-2009, 09:51 AM
I'm curious as to how this game works exactly....

is it open world? Linear path with a set mission each time?

Or "Heres your mission find a way and anyway you want to do it?

I'm guessing it's simply follow this path?

Chibi_Chaingun
11-06-2009, 10:00 AM
I thought it was linear, but I'm not totally sure. It uses the Far Cry 2 engine which definitely gives you a feel of open world. I have read that each level is large, but contained. So maybe it's something in between.

iliedobre
12-25-2009, 10:20 AM
open world my A S S! Ubisoft it's an example of how things can go from wrong (Farcry 2) to worse (Avatar), that speaking of open-world. Farcry 2 was indeed an open world game but it lacked in all the other departaments. What good to have an open world to explore when the gameplay is boring, the so-called story makes you wish to sleep and all you know as creativity is that shameless spawns of bad guys ? I think that Ubisoft are drulling when they see what a REAL game is aka Crysis. They wish it made like there but they lack the skill.
Ubisoft are some French guys who think if they have money , that makes them, on spot, the best.

nightshade6482
12-26-2009, 12:27 AM
From what I've seen, its open world - taking into consideration geographic restrictions (rocks, cliffs, chasms) and map boundaries. Especially once you've taken to the sky, you're free to roam anywhere (provided you can find a place to land your Ikran...)