PDA

View Full Version : Map idea!

sandbag69
01-05-2005, 11:50 AM
I play a game called Rome:Total War as well as IL2. The campaign map in rome total war is the whole of Europe from Ireland to Moscow and from Scandinavia to North Africa. The maps are totally realistic and as far as I know to scale.
I only wish IL2 could use such a campaign map.
It would certainly enhance the Simulation for me. I like the Soviet maps in IL2 but the Western Europe ones are attrociously small.

sandbag69
01-05-2005, 11:50 AM
I play a game called Rome:Total War as well as IL2. The campaign map in rome total war is the whole of Europe from Ireland to Moscow and from Scandinavia to North Africa. The maps are totally realistic and as far as I know to scale.
I only wish IL2 could use such a campaign map.
It would certainly enhance the Simulation for me. I like the Soviet maps in IL2 but the Western Europe ones are attrociously small.

Tully__
01-05-2005, 11:59 AM
Maps in this game take up a huge amount of memory when they include lots of land area and ground objects. The Gulf of Finland map is over 400MB by itself. The current map size is designed to allow the game to run on a reasonably large proportion of machines without having use the swap file (which causes game pauses also know as stutter) too much.

skabbe
01-05-2005, 12:05 PM
mhm, il2 should be more like aces high online, a huge map with united fronts there people with low rank can onley take off from airfeelds and attack obects selected by high ranked players. works maybe