PDA

View Full Version : All of the editions

xboxr23
08-05-2005, 05:37 PM
What is up with them. From what I can tell, there are like 4 different Myst V games for preorder. I think one is the normal US version. One is the normal UK version. One is the Limited US Edition. And one is the Collectors Edition UK ???
The Collectors has like some deal for the first 400 preorders and you get it the first day or your money back plus a special 'cube' thing to hold the game. But I do not want to order the Colectors Edition just to get the cube thing but get screwed because it is for the UK. I am really confused right now. Will someone try to explain them to me. Thanks a lot.

--------
Hi all,
This is a perfectly good and fine post, but there was a little something wrong with the first word, for this board, so I replaced it with "What". On the language thing, we are a "family friendly" board. mszv, forum mod. Please keep posting - xboxr23!

xboxr23
08-05-2005, 05:37 PM
What is up with them. From what I can tell, there are like 4 different Myst V games for preorder. I think one is the normal US version. One is the normal UK version. One is the Limited US Edition. And one is the Collectors Edition UK ???
The Collectors has like some deal for the first 400 preorders and you get it the first day or your money back plus a special 'cube' thing to hold the game. But I do not want to order the Colectors Edition just to get the cube thing but get screwed because it is for the UK. I am really confused right now. Will someone try to explain them to me. Thanks a lot.

--------
Hi all,
This is a perfectly good and fine post, but there was a little something wrong with the first word, for this board, so I replaced it with "What". On the language thing, we are a "family friendly" board. mszv, forum mod. Please keep posting - xboxr23!

JustBrett
08-05-2005, 05:57 PM
Standard Edition (US): Comes on 3 CDs. Will not install on the Mac.

Standard Edition (Europe): Comes on one PC/Mac hybrid DVD.

Limited Edition (US): Comes on one PC/Mac DVD. Package includes a copy of the Prima strategy guide, the soundtrack for the game, and a piece of collectable artwork.

Collector's Edition (Europe): Comes on one PC/Mac DVD. Package includes the soundtrack, an excerpt from the upcoming Book of Marrim, and a D'ni grammar/dictionary.

The UK store will ship the European editions to the USA, so you can't get "screwed" by it, except for the huge shipping cost. All copies of the game software will be multilingual, so you chose the language of your preference when you install it.

Coronagold
08-06-2005, 03:07 AM
Mr. Burns - "Is this about my cube?!"

cathyk
08-06-2005, 04:58 AM
Okay, I was about to post a question concerning eligibility for the "first 400 pre-orders" and decided to look more closely at the offer. For anyone else who may be wondering whether you're eligible for this offer if you live outside the US, here's what it says:

Offer valid until 31/08/2005 for the first 400 preorders, on Ubisoft Online Store exclusively, for the Mystâ®V End of Ages game, normal or Collector version, in PC DVD-ROM format.

This offer may not be combined with other promotions of the moment.

Deliveries will be made by a logistics enterprise chosen by Ubisoft exclusively in the following countries: France, Great Britain, Germany, Scandinavia, Italy, Spain, Holland, Belgium, Switzerland, Ireland, Luxembourg, USA, Canada and Japan.

Ubisoft undertakes to reimburse the customer for the full amount of the price of the Myst V End of Ages game in the version ordered, if the parcel containing the game is not presented to the customer at the latest on the day of the official public release of the game.

Hope that helps!

Mysthints
08-06-2005, 12:56 PM
Question: Why does Mystworlds US site show the Limited Edition UK box (http://mystworlds.ubi.com/us/archives.php?mois=8&annee=2005#11811)? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

AnubisSL5
08-06-2005, 03:38 PM
awww!!! I pre-ordered the Special Edition before I found out about the Collectors edition!!! ****, I really wanted the collectors edition too. oh well

Mysthints
08-06-2005, 04:39 PM
Well, somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but the "collector's edition" and "limited edition" are just different names for the same thing. Only difference is between the US and UK versions (US version has the strategy guide, collectable art piece, soundtrack, and review of the series CD; UK version has D'ni Dictionary, soundtrack, and a preview of the Book of Marrim, plus a fancier box).

AnubisSL5
08-06-2005, 06:17 PM
Yeah, now that i look at it... the Collectors edition is way too much money for me to be spending on a game

Alahmnat
08-06-2005, 11:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mysthints:
Question: Why does Mystworlds US site show the Limited Edition UK box (http://mystworlds.ubi.com/us/archives.php?mois=8&annee=2005#11811)? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It is possible to order the CE from the European storefront, you just incur a 25⣠shipping fee if you're buying it in the US. This is at least a change of pace from last year, when you couldn't get the Revelation CE from the EU store unless you lived in Europe. Apparently somebody decided to do something about the problem... I just wish the shipping was cheaper.

cathyk
08-07-2005, 05:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mysthints:
Well, somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but the "collector's edition" and "limited edition" are just different names for the same thing. Only difference is between the US and UK versions (US version has the strategy guide, collectable art piece, soundtrack, and review of the series CD; UK version has D'ni Dictionary, soundtrack, and a preview of the Book of Marrim, plus a fancier box). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well maybe it's just me, Mysthints but the CE and the LE have substantial differences, hence the reason for calling one the CE and the other the LE. I'm tempted to buy both for that reason because the LE will give me the strategy guide and a collectable artwork whilst the CE would give me the D'ni dictionary, preview of the BoM,and the review of the series. I'm resisting the temptation as I can live without the collectable artwork and buy the strategy guide separately.

Coronagold
08-07-2005, 07:24 AM
Not that I would, but I can buy a ***** for the same price.

JustBrett
08-07-2005, 10:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coronagold:
Not that I would, but I can buy a ***** for the same price. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Not the kind that I'D want to have. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

tmaster150
08-07-2005, 02:56 PM
Can someone please, please, please tell me whether Game Soundtrack is marketing slang for "we're including four tracks on some DVD, let the customers think they're getting the real thing, and then force them to buy the real soundtrack at least a year after we release the game because our internal communications aren't working properly either?"

I'm sorry for the ranting, I just have had such bad experiences with pretty much every aspect of Ubi Soft there is to find.

Alahmnat
08-07-2005, 11:49 PM
I am, as I have mentioned several times in a number of threads, trying to get clarification on the soundtrack issue. Please, be patient until I can get an answer.

Alahmnat
08-08-2005, 08:08 PM
Update on the soundtrack courtesy of Mysterium.ch (someone at Ubi Germany is apparently really fast to answer emails...):

The US Limited Edition will have the soundtrack on a separate CD. The UK Collectors Edition will have the soundtrack included on the bonus content DVD, likely as mp3 files. I'm assuming, at the moment, that the DVD will contain the *whole* soundtrack, even if it's in .mp3 format, but I'll get confirmation on that.

Now, off to update the FAQ http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

cathyk
08-09-2005, 11:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alahmnat:
Update on the soundtrack courtesy of Mysterium.ch (someone at Ubi Germany is apparently really fast to answer emails...):

The US Limited Edition will have the soundtrack on a separate CD. The UK Collectors Edition will have the soundtrack included on the bonus content DVD, likely as mp3 files. I'm assuming, at the moment, that the DVD will contain the *whole* soundtrack, even if it's in .mp3 format, but I'll get confirmation on that.

Now, off to update the FAQ http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fingers crossed! Thanks, Al!