PDA

View Full Version : ADD ON

malinkyhoy
05-14-2005, 08:54 AM
so when is the ad on out? I have a 128bit redeon graphics card do you think I could increase the pixels from 1024 X 768 without nacking the game up?

EURO_Snoopy
05-14-2005, 11:31 AM
uhhhm yes?

marcocomparato
05-14-2005, 02:13 PM
maybe you should focus on keeping the current rez and using the speed to either upgrade your details or using the faster framerate to own in dogfights.

Just as an example, i run with an AMD 64bit FX-53 and 6800GT OC - i run at 1024x768 on my 21" Trinitron - however, im upping my Anisotropic filtering (stay with me now) which is how the machine is sampling the textures across surfaces at all angles that i view it. (the real secret to identifying aircraft in full-realism which is all that i fly personally)

also adjusting (after the monitor-level adjustments which is a no-brainer) your driver-level color adjustments to raise color saturation and contrasting, along with a touch of sharpening and this will bring out those colors more accurately for visual accuity.

lastly practice. honestly full-real just gets easier when u do it all the time. your eye and your brain adjust to the subtle clues that are actually quite clear and easy to see from up to 200k distance once your a purist. -- this is all good for your dogfight btw because you will be more tuned to watching for the subtle changes in your enemies' Flight Path and so that you can more effectively get into 'the saddle'.

hope that helps ya. see ya in the sky.