PDA

View Full Version : Carrier Landing....

ArjenKuifje
10-22-2004, 05:04 PM
Here goes report of my first and second carrier landing attempt...in a Seafire...

Misssion XX, shot down some Japanese planes...going home now...
There's the carrier. Flaps down, Gear Down, Hook Down, speed down. Speed down. Speed down...
I'm closing in... oh, going too fast, full right rudder, stick right to keep keep heading and loose speed.. does not seem to help a lot... going down, going down, here's the deck .. gotta get down... get down.... bang and smack... The gear's gone, right wing's gone, but hey, I'm down on the deck. Well, as I had got some battle damage earlier on, it might be wise to get out of the 'plane' right away, so 'eject'.
Not a good plan. I watch me jumping out of the cockpit (that's nice) running away from the plane, taking a dive for cover, hands over my head (that's a good idea) but, oh dear, no more deck! I see me diving over the side of the carrier, into the sea... bummer!

Learning curve they call it.

So now for the second time.
Same as the first, but somehow speed is better balanced. Now when I get down on the deck, the only thing busted is the propellor!
No need to get out fast.
Yes, I made it back! I did it!

(okay, never told you about any other previous attempts, as there were a lot of stalls/spins and water involved, not to mention crashing into the rear end of a carrier..)

lkemling
10-22-2004, 06:59 PM
I was wondering about the results of a pilot bailing out of a crashed aircraft on deck....did he at least have his may west on? chuckle!!

LC34
10-22-2004, 07:43 PM
Reminds me of the movie "Hot Shots." Where they are playing football on the carrier and the pass goes a bit farther than the deck and the receiver goes over the side.

lol reading that post about the pilot, "hands over head." diving off the deck is hilarious. I think we can all picture it perfectly.

Great post lol. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif