PDA

View Full Version : Hyperlobby question

eddiemac0
01-25-2005, 09:13 PM
Um, this is kind of weird.

I just went to <www.hyperlobby.com> and found Galen Thuber's website, bashing Hyperlobby and talking about how its programming can put your system at risk, that it can be controlled from Hyperlobby... Um, well, it wasn't what I expected to find (but I did find hyperlobby eventually). Does anyone know anything about this guy, and can they dismiss his claims.

It is just kind of disconcerting to to go looking for an online server and instead find two domains dedicated to discrediting it.

Don't get me wrong, after seeing ubi.com, hyperlobby seems like the way to go, but finding this guy's site, was well, just weird...

Jester_159th
01-25-2005, 09:42 PM
Don't even worry about it Eddie.

The site you went to is run by an individual called Gallen Thurber. He has a personal axe to grind with Jiri (the guy that runs HyperLobby).

Thurber is, in most peoples opinion, a prime candidate for a straight-jacket.

This comes up about once every six months or so. The whole story is too long and too pathetic to go through the entire thing again.

As I'm sure many other responses will testify, HyperLobby is completely safe to use, and probably one of the better game lobbies around (even with the current situation where it's often full to capacity).

VW-IceFire
01-25-2005, 09:50 PM
HyperLobby = thumbs up
HyperLobby Basher Nutcase = thumbs down
(now I feel like Ceasar)

Yeah, long and ultimately stupid story. Basically, HyperLobby is less threatening to your system than MS Paint is. Well that may be a stretch. Basically, any piece of software you install, even your OS, is a risk to the security of your system. But most of those risks are minimized with security patches (i.e. your OS) or because the software in question is unlikely to be something that causes you harm. HyperLobby has no spyware that I'm aware of, its a small and simple program, its vulnerable only in as much as any other lobby service is...UBI.com and Gamespy Arcade are likely to be more worrysome. So fear not.

HL is the best thing since sliced bread.

HW3
01-26-2005, 05:26 AM
HL is safe. I've been using it for several years with no problems. He "whose name shall not be mentioned" is a nut case.

eddiemac0
01-26-2005, 08:34 AM
That's what I figured, but thank you all for the reassurance. Its really too bad he's gotten ahold of those domains...

Capt.LoneRanger
01-26-2005, 08:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> That's what I figured, but thank you all for the reassurance. Its really too bad he's gotten ahold of those domains... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed, Eddie, but that's also a good sign how sick this person is....