PDA

View Full Version : Tungsten/Goodwood

charshep
09-21-2004, 12:59 AM
I actually don't know too much about these operations other than that Tungsten was the first operational use of the Corsair by the FAA and the first operational use of the Corsair from carriers. Will PF provide Tungsten/Goodwood missions or the maps/ships/aircraft needed to create these missions? Are they worth recreating? If not, how far of a stretch would it be to create a "hypothetical" set of Tungsten/Goodwood missions with better Luftewaffe air cover? What types of enemy aircraft would the FAA have met had they been made available? I'm looking forward to flying in the Pacific but I love the thought of Corsairs and Hellcats going up against FockeWulfs and 109s.

charshep
09-21-2004, 12:59 AM
I actually don't know too much about these operations other than that Tungsten was the first operational use of the Corsair by the FAA and the first operational use of the Corsair from carriers. Will PF provide Tungsten/Goodwood missions or the maps/ships/aircraft needed to create these missions? Are they worth recreating? If not, how far of a stretch would it be to create a "hypothetical" set of Tungsten/Goodwood missions with better Luftewaffe air cover? What types of enemy aircraft would the FAA have met had they been made available? I'm looking forward to flying in the Pacific but I love the thought of Corsairs and Hellcats going up against FockeWulfs and 109s.