PDA

View Full Version : Is there interest in starting a PF Stand-Alone Community?

CrazyMarlin_PR
01-28-2005, 05:07 PM

CrazyMarlin_PR
01-28-2005, 05:07 PM

Bearcat99
01-28-2005, 10:02 PM
Wow.... 37 views.. no replies and 6 posts to the poll.. I think there is an intrest but to tell you the truth..... if you are any kind of simmer.... do yourself a favor and go merged.

HotelBushranger
01-28-2005, 10:11 PM
But when you get merged, usually there are no PTO maps.Well, thats how it seems, I havent gone on any but from what I've heard and so on...
Gettin merged is easier said than done.

Bearcat99
01-28-2005, 10:46 PM
I have all the PTO maps..... and all the great Forgottn Battles planes.....

Papa_K
01-29-2005, 12:17 AM
I have to admit, I haven't installed the stand-alone version, and don't know what it has or doesn't have.

BSS_Vidar
01-29-2005, 12:55 AM
The stand alone is great. I fly it on Ubicom when I get weiry with the German, and Russian "planes". Ubicom doesn not supprort the merged version, and I find it very refreshing.
Wish HL would get there act together and set up a Stand alone section to log in to.

Osirisx9
01-29-2005, 03:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HotelBushranger:
But when you get merged, usually there are no PTO maps.Well, thats how it seems, I havent gone on any but from what I've heard and so on...
Gettin merged is easier said than done. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is a merged PF server on HL now . The server is called Zeke vs Wildcat. It was just set up yesterday. BTW if you guys want War Birds of Prey can run the stand alone side by side too.

RAF238thOsiris
www.warbirdsfofprey.org (http://www.warbirdsfofprey.org)

LEXX_Luthor
01-29-2005, 04:18 AM
Its not a bad idea Bear, Pacific can be attractive in itself especially with new stuff coming (hopefully) to round it out, although I never tried stand~alone myself as I already have it in teh Merge.

Anyway a box of FB Gold costs less than a box of PF now.

Speedfellow
01-29-2005, 06:47 AM
Why are people that fly the merged version so obsessed with people buying the merged version surely if there was a big enough standalone community it would then lead to people going to merged if they liked it enough. I for one have the whole IL series but I wasnt really that interested until PF came along and I know several people that are now interested in PF but never bought IL2,FB or AEP.
Surely we need to cater for those people who are just interested in the Pacific theatre and then maybe their interest may expand.

JFC_Warhawk
01-29-2005, 07:12 AM
Aren't seasoned? LOL...anyway, I use stand alone because I want all the people who don't wanna fly in Europe.

If hyperlobby could just host a PF standalone game without changing the exe name and all that lot, I would probably be over there, but hey...If I were over there playing stand alone, that would take up 30 slots for the peeps that wanna fly europe.

Besides..its very quiet in Ubi..people are there to play http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Very nice to see you in Ubi once in awhile, Vidar, its been years since we flew around.

Cheers

Osirisx9
01-29-2005, 08:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Speedfellow:
Why are people that fly the merged version so obsessed with people buying the merged version surely if there was a big enough standalone community it would then lead to people going to merged if they liked it enough. I for one have the whole IL series but I wasnt really that interested until PF came along and I know several people that are now interested in PF but never bought IL2,FB or AEP.
Surely we need to cater for those people who are just interested in the Pacific theatre and then maybe their interest may expand. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Speedfellow please check out this link. The server is Back
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=26310365&m=7411005962

RAF238thOsiris
www.warbirdsofprey.org (http://www.warbirdsofprey.org)

Smidlee
01-29-2005, 08:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Speedfellow:
Surely we need to cater for those people who are just interested in the Pacific theatre and then maybe their interest may expand. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have both PF alone and IL2g+PF.In my experince PF alone is a little more noob friendly since you are more likely to have those who played IL2 for years on the merged version. So those who PF alone online are more likely to be new to IL2 so I atleast have a chance of surviving.

LEBillfish
01-29-2005, 09:06 AM
I don't believe anyone is trying to slam those wanting to fly PF as a standalone product....I simply think most are trying to say how much you are missing by not.

I've had IL2FB since it came out....and I'm not one to fixate on a side or plane type to fly. I have yet to fly but half of the planes in FB, even fewer in AEP, and then again even less in PF simply due to their is so much.

Even little insignificant things you'll find in PF, like the A6M7 cockpit map light flickers from vibration very realistically. There are just so many small and so many really big things you are missing, what you're hearing from others is not a slam on you, but the excitement the sim still holds....Especially since few if any have seen all aspects of it.

So still enjoying FB & AEP while distracted by PF.

x__CRASH__x
01-29-2005, 09:23 AM
I can summarize my answer in 3 words;

meeeeeeeee

eeeeeeeeer

rrrrgeeeed

Speedfellow
01-29-2005, 09:48 AM
Yes there is alot of other aspects in the merged version. I can and do play merged ,but I also like the standalone and there are people new to this game and I know that personally wouldn't go out and buy the whole series just to play one part of it. Not all of us are as financially endowed as others.
Thanks to Osiris for putting the standalone server again and at least giving it a chance
Lol I dont feel slammed I understand the excitement ,but the excitement should be open to people with or without the merged version

georgeo76
01-29-2005, 11:42 AM
A community isn't something you create, more something that develops.

Speedfellow
01-29-2005, 12:07 PM
True !! but there is no harm in creating an enviroment for it to develope

lucas_valentine
01-29-2005, 12:50 PM
I'll tell you one thing, since 3.04 my merged install has become unstable when playing online and crashes every ten or fifteen minutes http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif .IL2 always had a tendancy to crash my system every couple of days or weeks but now it crashes constantly and when it does, it's not just Il2 that crashes like before, its the whole of Windows XP! I'm not gonna uninstall a thing thats been on my hard-drive for two years so, until a new patch comes out for the game, I'm gonna have to stick to Standalone (which is unaffected?).

CrazyMarlin_PR
01-29-2005, 01:10 PM
Well, it look slike there may be some interest...I am also guessing that alot of the stand-alone players do not frequent these forums. I know of several who do not.

Anyway, I took some time today to whip up a quick website, just to see what kind of interest we could generate. Osiris, I put your server information on there, so we might get some more folks into it.

The website is here PFSAA (http://pfsaa.no-ip.org)

I am currently hosting off our squad's website. Also, it is not a great looking website as yet, just threw it together this afternoon... If interested, stop in...