PDA

View Full Version : How do you get your focus kills?

Nick1021
12-07-2010, 08:28 PM
Well how? I usually do it if they are stunned and my pursuer isn't around. But mostly I get it from arial kills. I can't do it while in a crowd since I will have a giant B over my head even if I stayed incognito.

obliviondoll
12-07-2010, 08:35 PM
Personally, I usually get focus kills when my target has been stunned or caught RIGHT on the edge of smoke and I'm close enough to take advantage.

Occasionally I'll join a blend group behind them and if they don't try to turn around, I can get the focus kill (the stun prompt won't show when you're behind them). But that's only if I know they don't suspect me of being a player.

Have done smoke + focus a couple times when I want to catch a runner out who's trying to get away from another pursuer, but literally only done that twice.

Nick1021
12-07-2010, 08:39 PM
I tried going into a group that my target is in. It was incognito and he didn't suspect me. But he saw the b somehow (he kept turning around because he was paranoid). It really shouldn't show that B.

obliviondoll
12-07-2010, 08:43 PM
People who keep turning around and are paranoid get focus-killed from above when they're in groups that walk near buildings.

Also, they get hidden-killed when you join their group from another and kill them before they stun you.

And spinning like that gives you away as a player, even if you're in a morph group.

Jack-Reacher
12-07-2010, 09:08 PM
I sometimes use long lasting throwing knives on them if I know where they are and jump on a roof above them, wait for it to fill and jump down

Tragic_Jonson
12-07-2010, 11:11 PM
man, i remember having great frustration trying to get that first focus kill bonus! i'd stand near my target and get stunned, or they'd run away, and then one time the target was out cold on the ground and i stood next to him waiting, and then MY pursuer drops down from the sky and kills me!

I'm currently level 42 and have managed a total of 5 focus kills- yay! i don't bother with them.

E-Zekiel
12-07-2010, 11:31 PM
I tend to walk up to groups while being EXTREMELY incognito. Like imitating an NPC as much as a possibly can. In my experience you can't target your own blended crowd without specifically holding L to do it, but yeah.

Only managed to do it about 5 times, but it's funny when it happens. The first few times it was because there were multiple personas of my target in the crowd and I was trying to figure out which it was. So I walked into the group (I don't recommend doing this unless you are confident you didn't do anything in the entire pursuit that could possibly ID you as anything but an NPC) and stood there, blending, while I decided. I kept my trigger on the same target the whole time while deciding, since I was pretty sure it was them, but not 100%. Finally I said meh...what's the worse that can happen? Not like they can stun me after I miss. *stab*

Got it right. Was my highest scoring kill ever.

(Note: I only do this in wanted mode. Never got focus in any other mode.)

TA814
12-08-2010, 12:36 AM
I tend to use the longer smoke bomb ability for the focus bonus. The regular smoke bomb gives you enough time, but it doesn't hurt to give yourself a little extra time to focus them. Although I have had many occasions where my target only catches the end of the smoke and somehow stuns me before the focus is in effect. But that seems to work best for me.

Wile E Coyoteee
12-08-2010, 03:02 AM
Holy **** Jack, how did I not think of that before?! I'm gonna use that one of these days when I'm bored! I normally go with Poison and Disguise.

Anyway, I do it one of two ways, but both are from the front, believe it or not. I know that sounds crazy, but bare with me, LoL.

I'm always trying to position myself for either my target to walk into me, or for me to be slightly ahead of my target but coming from a flank, so that we meet in the middle. Well, if you do that, and your target is only walking, blend into a static (non-moving) crowd infront of him down the street. As he walks by, the bar will start to fill. When he's at the range where you know the X/Square button will go away soon, you leave the group and start fast walking behind him (incase he takes a jog step or two. If you start to get too close, you lay off for a step so your head doesn't go into his camera on the bottom of the screen if he's looking forward.).. Well, usually when you leave the crowd, the bar is half full, so it's only a couple more steps and you've got an easy focus!

The other thing I do, which makes me laugh everytime and reminds me of a cartoon for some reason, like a Tom & Jerry episode, LoL, is I'll walk towards my target, but off-center so I'm not walking right in his face. I'll be on the other side of the same street or something, preferably in a crowd. As you walk by each other, the bar will start to fill. Same deal - just before they're out of kill range, you go directly sideways, then towards them.. But DON'T turn around and go diagnally towards them, because for whatever reason they see you everytime. You must make 2, 90 degree angle turns. One directly to the side, then one directly towards him. By the time you do that, you've only got about 1-2 steps left before you can hit a focus!

And the best part is, if there's no one else behind him? He's not gonna be looking behind him for a while, he doesn't need to, he knows he can look ahead of himself for a while because he just checked his back and knows the street is mostly empty behind him so he doesn't have to worry. And especially since he hears the whispers and knows no one's behind him, he's gonna be looking only infront of him and being a little paranoid about his sides. If you do it right, they honestly don't see it coming alot of the time, LoL.