PDA

View Full Version : AC3 - beyond Revelations

SixKeys
06-12-2011, 03:38 AM
AC2 turned the franchise into such a success because it introduced lots of things that weren't just expansions of the previous game's concepts (like races), but things the first game hadn't even dreamed of. AC2 gave us things like factions, shops, glyph puzzles and assassin tombs. AC: Brotherhood gave us more freedom to roam as Desmond, virtual training and the brotherhood. Revelations seems to be continuing along those lines, expanding on already existing concepts. The only new additions we've heard about so far are the weapons. The Black Room sounds like it's just a crossover between the virtual training and lair-exploring. The hookblade is just a new form of fast travel and fighting mechanic. The courtesans have been replaced by gypsy factions. The assassins' dens are just another version of Borgia towers.

There may be more surprises that we haven't yet heard about, but most of these are just improvements on old ideas. By the time AC3 rolls around, I think they'll need some new tricks up their sleeve. Something that sets it apart from the previous games as much as AC2 was a huge departure from AC1.

Are there any features you think will have worn out their welcome by the end of Revelations? Any that you would like to disappear completely? What would you absolutely want to keep until the end of the series? Any new ideas you think would be good additions?

Personally, I would like AC3 to give us a new type of enemy: the Templar assassins. This seems to be what the multiplayer has been hinting at, templars who have been trained in the ways of the assassins. They would be much more powerful than the normal guards, their abilities different, the encounters rarer, maybe even missions unto themselves like the Templar agents in ACB. It could be possible to get subtly poisoned by one of them in a crowd, and you wouldn't necessarily notice until you suddenly slowly started losing health. Maybe your vision or aim would start to get a little fuzzy and the only way to cure yourself would be to get to a doctor. (Kind of like the actor you had to save in one of the Brotherhood sequences.) Others would be more aggressive and just charge after you, but because they would be much stronger than regular guards, you would have to be quick and clever if you wanted to beat them. The only way to find out a templar assassin was nearby was suddenly hearing whispers that keep growing louder, just like in multiplayer.

Your thoughts?

iN3krO
06-12-2011, 03:52 AM
Well, i'm not sure if everyone agrees with me but i would prefer a game without changes if the previous is already perfect...

I mean, for me and many more ppl, some changes from Ac1 to Ac2/B weren't that good. Some do not fit the franchise, others are unrealistic and others are umbalanced.

Maybe if they try to fix all those addictions they did from Ac1 to Ac2/B and come back with some things they deleted from the franchise, i would really enjoy Ac3 more than if they keep with all these things and add more things that i'm sure will make the game worst...

A good game don't need to have manythings, it needs to have balanced features that fits the franchise...

oOAltairOo
06-12-2011, 04:01 AM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
Well, i'm not sure if everyone agrees with me but i would prefer a game without changes if the previous is already perfect...

I mean, for me and many more ppl, some changes from Ac1 to Ac2/B weren't that good. Some do not fit the franchise, others are unrealistic and others are umbalanced.

Maybe if they try to fix all those addictions they did from Ac1 to Ac2/B and come back with some things they deleted from the franchise, i would really enjoy Ac3 more than if they keep with all these things and add more things that i'm sure will make the game worst...

A good game don't need to have manythings, it needs to have balanced features that fits the franchise...

Yeah, quality over quantity. But i believe that some new features that was introduced to the game in AC:B will have gotten polished and balanced in Revelations.
So i think we'll be going in the right direction. Only time will tell though.

phil.llllll
06-12-2011, 04:29 AM
What AC3 needs to do:

1. Completely revamp and rethink the free run system (more fluid and more possibilities)

2. Same for combat (it's too easy and it's completely unblanaced)

3. Same for stealth (new ways to use the social stealth aspects and more of it)

4. More freedom (allow the player to tackle the assassinations how they want while choosing from the skills learned).

5. Return of the hunter and prey approach (more depth to assassinations)

By the way, there's already an AC3 suggestion thread.

iN3krO
06-12-2011, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by oOAltairOo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:

Yeah, quality over quantity. But i believe that some new features that was introduced to the game in AC:B will have gotten polished and balanced in Revelations.
So i think we'll be going in the right direction. Only time will tell though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

exatly, i'm on a point where i have to see altair gameplay, based on it i will decide to buy Ac3 or to wait to see how the gameplay of Ac3 will be, i mean, maybe they won't introduce our suggestions cuz it's already to late to change AcR so much.

Also you got the point: "Quality is better than Amount." (maybe speeling errors xD)

kosmoscreed
06-12-2011, 06:20 AM
The first thing for me it's improve the stealth and enemy A.I, in some cases other games like Splinter Cell, Tenchu or Metal Gear are doing a better job.

iN3krO
06-12-2011, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by kosmoscreed:
The first thing for me it's improve the stealth and enemy A.I, in some cases other games like Splinter Cell, Tenchu or Metal Gear are doing a better job.

stealth is ok... just the combat is too easy so no1 uses stealth...

Black_Widow9
06-12-2011, 12:33 PM
Please post this here-
Assassin's Creed 3 (and beyond) #2.0 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/6831010868)
Thanks

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>