PDA

View Full Version : I Just Bought a Book for 107k

xCr0wnedNorris
11-19-2011, 09:16 PM
Where's my cookie? (Seriously though, over 100k for a freakin' book?)

EvolutionIXMR
11-19-2011, 09:25 PM
And you'd think that you'd be able to read more than just a couple of paragraphs from a book that hasn't been in production for several centuries http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Anubis2kx
11-20-2011, 03:55 PM
The prices for books (or anything else for that matter) in Cappodocia are absurd. I think it's mostly due to the fact that it's "Templar controlled", so you are taxed hardcore - whereas in Constantinople you're in "Assassin territory, so you get a discount".

iNt0xiCaT3dSainT
11-20-2011, 04:04 PM
He's Ezio God damn Auditore! If he saw a person selling a book for that much he'd beat the crap out of the dude and steal the book!

LightRey
11-20-2011, 04:21 PM
Those were really rare books and books were quite expensive in those days.

rob.davies2014
11-20-2011, 04:22 PM
Pardon me for sounding like a moron but what do books actually do in this game?
I've noticed a little Assassin symbol and a percentage next to it but have no idea what it means.

LightRey
11-20-2011, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by RussellSparrow:
I've noticed a little Assassin symbol and a percentage next to it but have no idea what it means.
If you collect all of them you get a nice cutscene at the Assassin base. There's also a description for each book.

BK-110
11-22-2011, 09:29 AM
How many books are there? I'm pretty sure I've done all Polo Symbol missions and I've bought all books I could find. I have 31 books now, but nothing happens when I go to the hideout.

SleezeRocker
11-22-2011, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RussellSparrow:
If you collect all of them you get a nice cutscene at the Assassin base. There's also a description for each book. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And the Sage trophy

LightRey
11-22-2011, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by SleezeRocker:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RussellSparrow:
If you collect all of them you get a nice cutscene at the Assassin base. There's also a description for each book. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And the Sage trophy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Oh right. And an achievement/trophy indeed.

xCr0wnedNorris
11-22-2011, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by BK-110:
How many books are there? I'm pretty sure I've done all Polo Symbol missions and I've bought all books I could find. I have 31 books now, but nothing happens when I go to the hideout.
Did you get the ones in Cappadocia?

sp33dd34m0n
11-22-2011, 04:45 PM
If you collect all of them you get a nice cutscene at the Assassin base. There's also a description for each book.

You know whats really f*cked up?

You get a cutscene for all books but I collected all animus datafragments and got nothing. Just the lame trophy. That was frustrating. I thought there would be at least something at Animus Island. It was so pointless to collect all 100.

LightRey
11-23-2011, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by sp33dd34m0n:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

You get a cutscene for all books but I collected all animus datafragments and got nothing. Just the lame trophy. That was frustrating. I thought there would be at least something at Animus Island. It was so pointless to collect all 100. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
How kind of you to tell me this. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

YHHTQ
11-23-2011, 05:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sp33dd34m0n:

You get a cutscene for all books but I collected all animus datafragments and got nothing. Just the lame trophy. That was frustrating. I thought there would be at least something at Animus Island. It was so pointless to collect all 100. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
How kind of you to tell me this. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I wish I knew of it earlier. The trophy is nice but an in-game unlockable would be far better.

LightRey
11-23-2011, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by YHHTQ:
I wish I knew of it earlier. The trophy is nice but an in-game unlockable would be far better.
I already knew. It was a little disappointing, but I didn't really mind.

RzaRecta357
11-23-2011, 07:52 AM
What's the requirements to show everything on the map? I always do EVERYTHING I can before missions on these games my first go.

I totally was able to buy a memoir map where I can't see it my second quick playthrough whenever I visit the store. Maybe I need to collect books or something?

The fragments, I completed the 22 sync point and they all just appeared on my map last time. I already had like 40 or something though. This time, nothing.

LightRey
11-23-2011, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
What's the requirements to show everything on the map? I always do EVERYTHING I can before missions on these games my first go.

I totally was able to buy a memoir map where I can't see it my second quick playthrough whenever I visit the store. Maybe I need to collect books or something?

The fragments, I completed the 22 sync point and they all just appeared on my map last time. I already had like 40 or something though. This time, nothing.
The books on the map show up after the first seal mission where you have to find one of the books. The rest can be bought from stores.

twenty_glyphs
11-23-2011, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:

I think after you collect 25 Animus Data Fragments that you get the option to buy the map of Ishak Pasha Memoir Pages at Book Stores. After you collect 50 Animus Data Fragments the other 50 automatically show up on your map.