PDA

View Full Version : Installation Problems

hillm1959
11-18-2005, 04:29 PM
I bought this sim yesterday and I can't figure how to install it! It seems to install and then when I want to play the sim, it gives me an alert saying that I have a DVD/CD emulation running and to turn it off before you can continue. It then boots you back to the desktop. I'm desparate to use this program as it looks absolutely beautiful!

Thanx

hillm1959
11-18-2005, 04:29 PM
I bought this sim yesterday and I can't figure how to install it! It seems to install and then when I want to play the sim, it gives me an alert saying that I have a DVD/CD emulation running and to turn it off before you can continue. It then boots you back to the desktop. I'm desparate to use this program as it looks absolutely beautiful!

Thanx

Kuna15
11-18-2005, 04:55 PM
Perhaps you have some sort of virtual disks enabled and that may cause problems. Post your dxdiag in Tech forum.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/ubb.x?a=frm&s=400102&f=49310655 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/ubb.x?a=frm&s=400102&f=49310655)

Troll2k
11-19-2005, 12:37 AM
The copy protection does not like any kind of cd/dvd coping software or virtual drives.

Hoatee
11-19-2005, 04:11 AM
Well,

I'm having installation problems, too, albeit of a different kind. Have a new system and so I have to follow the order of the patches (this is not a request for help, btw). All I'm missing is one patch, but it's enough to mess everything up on the Pacific side - no G4M, missing cockpits, etc. And I've done it twice now.

It's taking a long time, that's for sure, 6 files. All I was missing was the patch 303m file (which I never had because on my other system I had the 301m-303m updater, bla bla bla).

Guess I'll go and do the right thing now.....

-HH-Quazi
11-19-2005, 11:11 AM
I created a shortcut to the Help forum m8. You can keep up with your thread in here or in the Help forum.

B16Enk
11-19-2005, 11:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I created a shortcut to the Help forum m8 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually Tim it's better to move rather than shortcut, at least from my perspective because I end up in the wrong forum after posting in one of these 'short cut' threads.

I know, I'm lazy and should open them in a new window!

IIRC Steve used to copy threads over, and lock the original with a link to the new one.

I'll get back in my box now http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

@Hillm1959: Can you post your dxdiag please, instructions in my sig.

-HH-Quazi
11-19-2005, 03:04 PM
Yea, I thought about that. But figured the m8 was new due to his post count and didn't want to confuse him as to where his post went. But by far, the way you mentioned is better for m8 helping in this forum.

Tully__
11-19-2005, 10:31 PM
ATM shortcut is better coz the search function is broken. They'd never find it unless they remembered to bookmark when they first posted.