PDA

View Full Version : The new forum design

willyvic
02-10-2008, 09:32 AM
Just a suggestion. How about having the forum links open into their own page instead of existing page. After selecting another forum and getting into the 5th or 6th page of a thread it becomes a pain to back button to the original forum.

I know I could just shut down the forum and re-launch ubi forums again, but it is irritating.

WV.

PF_Coastie
02-10-2008, 09:45 AM
That makes no sense willy. Why have all these windows open when you can only read one at a time?

Try using the "little house" when you want to go back to another forum instead of browsing back. It can be found at the top of every page just after Oleg Maddox Forums.

I personally hate it when a link opens a new window and I have have multiple windows open on the same website. Now if the link is to a completely different website that is fine.

willyvic
02-10-2008, 09:49 AM
No sense to one, common sense to others...lol. I like the option of having both pages opened at once as I post in multiple forums at any given time.

Each to his own I suppose.

Not being sarcastic here my friend. We just differ on preferences.

And the "little house" is not available when you're in a thread. EDIT: scratch that, I see what you speak of...

I suppose I could just launch it twice....hehe.

WV.

PF_Coastie
02-10-2008, 10:02 AM
No offense taken what so ever man. I completely agree to "to each his own". I suppose I should have added "to me" to that first sentence though!

SeaFireLIV
02-10-2008, 10:09 AM
That got me confused too. I thought half the links had been deleted, but they`ve been stuffed somewhere else.

Typical. My ex used to move everything around until I thought half my stuff ahd been thrown away! Neater it looks - a pain to find anything it is.

LEBillfish
02-10-2008, 10:55 AM
I prefer the new way.....Used to be dropping back to the portal most times closing the one window of the sub-forum to have to open the next....this way I cruise through one, on to the next no fuss nor muss....If you want it the old way simply do as before.