PDA

View Full Version : Beginning discussion

MrMoo333
07-04-2007, 10:46 AM
Ok, if this has already been done, just point me to it and delete this post please!

Anyway, what will the biginning of the game be? This is a disscussion page. Now, I have 2 theories,

Numoro Uno: You start out by finding your way into the Hashasin** by giving your sacrafice and reciving your blade.

Dos: You just start right as you have recived a contract, and learn the controls while taking it out.

POST YOUR GUESS TODAY! Unless this has been done.

lpcrispo
07-04-2007, 11:02 AM
I think it will begin with the mission that you failed... and through flashback cutscenes between the missions we will see the "finger cutting"....

just my guess

T_Spoon_UK
07-04-2007, 11:14 AM
Yeah i read that the first mission is the one he fails? which is were he gets stripped of all his equipment and trust from the Hashasin.

iAltair
07-04-2007, 11:42 AM
I think you'll start off among a bunch of scientists researching genetic memories.
No idea how, when and where.

(Although obviously not as Alta´r, unless he timetravels but that's already been said not to be the case - fortunately)

adio540
07-04-2007, 11:56 AM
the failed mission was new to me? lol
i figure hed start off and they'd test him /tutorial and then he'd be admitted into the assassins

lpcrispo
07-04-2007, 12:59 PM
damn... there is a lot of scenarios in my head... I can't wait any longer for this game! I'm about to go nuts!

MrMoo333
07-04-2007, 01:36 PM
Share some! But I really doubt you'll start out in a lab, i think you will start out in 1191 and then it will say: "memory paused, reloading" or something, and then go back to 2007 or whenever and will talkl about the storyline.

MrMoo333
07-07-2007, 11:53 AM
OR! would it be like oblvion where you start out in a little place and get your way out, i doubt it but jus throwin ideas

Boromir323
07-07-2007, 01:08 PM
In your first mission(which I assume is also the tutorial) you are a master assassin sent to kill the Head of the Templars, Robert de Sable, but you mess up, fail the contract and the Leader of the Hashashin demotes you to the lowest rank and takes all your master assassin gadgets/gear. To regain your rank and become a master assassin again you must end the third crusade, kill the 9 key guys, etc. etc.

Mowens1984
07-07-2007, 01:15 PM
Maybe it starts in present day/near future and Altair's relative has been obducted. (cinematic opening, I mean)

If it has both a past and present setting, I always imagined in my head, for some reason, somehow they capture Altair's great great great great (a lot of great's) grandson and use the genetic tracing to figure out what happened back in 1191.

They said in an interview that it was a 'matrix-style' theme. I took this to mean (and I may be WAY off) but the part where they drug Morpheus and try to get information out of him. Maybe they're doing this to a relative of Altair?

And as someone else said, I think it tells a story as if it's being retold. That's what Prince of Persia did. When the Prince would die, a woman's voice would occasionally say, "No wait, that's not how it happened" and it would restart. Maybe it's the same idea.

Us playing is like the scientists understanding or maybe Altair's relative somehow "remembering" the details of what happened in the past.

What do you guys think?

MrMoo333
07-07-2007, 02:12 PM
Yea, i don't think he would be obducted, but by Matrixy i would guess that you are 'jacked-in' to you ancestors memories and you come back to the real when you aren't "researching" you ancestor Altair. And if you die it could be like, "Damn, it glitched. Rewind, lets try this over again, thats what happenes with new, next-age technology"

Lord_.Blackwood
07-08-2007, 01:34 AM
I have no clue, I'll see when I get the game.

chicko1983
07-08-2007, 02:32 AM
Jade said in an interview that she couldnt discuss what happens in the first hour of the game because it would give away a big surprise. I personally think the first hour will be set in the future, they game needs to show why the hell people in the future would want to "relive" an assassin's life in 1191.

IoNoobMaster
07-08-2007, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by Nathaniel1989:
I have no clue, I'll see when I get the game.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

MrMoo333
07-08-2007, 11:55 PM
Actually rethinking this whole thing, what if, your first mission is in present day/near future as an assassin such as splinter cell but the mission goes wrong, and you are captured, and you are so good or something that they want you on their side, but they want you better so they make you relive your ancestors (Altair) assassin life to make you stronger? just a fun idea

sireatsalot91
07-09-2007, 12:10 AM
i always thought that it would start with the finger cutting ceremony. BUT *GASP* maybe it starts with the end of the conspiricy unraveling or your left with a clue of the conspiricy and thats what influences the character to do the memory stuff?

Or maybe you have a dream or somethin or you think your dreaming and your actually in the lab.

Edit: Yup, its in the "All Known Facts".
- Where the story is concerned, the game begins with the initiation. You're a novice. And as part of the initiation, your finger is cut off, to give you the switchblade.

marinius
07-10-2007, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by Mowens1984:
And as someone else said, I think it tells a story as if it's being retold. That's what Prince of Persia did. When the Prince would die, a woman's voice would occasionally say, "No wait, that's not how it happened" and it would restart. Maybe it's the same idea.

Might be something along those lines, although I would think not exactly the same. Also, granted the Prince had sort of a feminine voice in the first one, but it is in fact his voice and not some woman's telling us "that's not how it happened"...

The_Sphinx
07-10-2007, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by Boromir323:
In your first mission(which I assume is also the tutorial) you are a master assassin sent to kill the Head of the Templars, Robert de Sable, but you mess up, fail the contract and the Leader of the Hashashin demotes you to the lowest rank and takes all your master assassin gadgets/gear. To regain your rank and become a master assassin again you must end the third crusade, kill the 9 key guys, etc. etc.

This is the beginning of the game.

Mowens1984
07-10-2007, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by marinius:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mowens1984:

Might be something along those lines, although I would think not exactly the same. Also, granted the Prince had sort of a feminine voice in the first one, but it is in fact his voice and not some woman's telling us "that's not how it happened"... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I actually meant the second or third (can't remember which or if it's both) it -is- a woman. I'm aware it's the Prince in the first one. Sorry for the confusion. =P

Truthfuleagle
07-10-2007, 06:24 PM
i think that u might play the mission he failed at

Boromir323
07-10-2007, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Adnocana:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Boromir323:

This is the beginning of the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes I know. That is the first mission. Seriously. I'm not kidding.

Jobo511
07-10-2007, 07:14 PM
i bet altair fails to kill a guy and then he gets captured, and he has to tell the bad guys all the people he's killed and stuff or somethin