PDA

View Full Version : Why the Delaying mechanics?

HazelrahFiver
12-10-2011, 09:50 PM
There's something about this game that bothers me to no end. The Templar Awareness system is an absolute failure. To remove it, you must find 4 Heralds or two assassination targets (don't know their official title). The problem is that finding four Heralds can take quite a while, and it's even longer for targets to appear. I played for over an hour and a half without one of the targets coming into the game - it was ludicrous.

Every little thing builds up the Awareness as well, from pickpocketing to buying property. When the meter is full, that's when the true bore of the game comes into play. The Templar attempt to take over one of your dens. There are two ways out of this, win in the tower defense game or lose and kill the captain in order to light the signal fire again. Unfortunately, the tower defense game is EASILY the worst variation I have ever played and I am labeling it impossible. I understand that is the major point that can be argued in my rant here, but I won't listen to opposite opinions on this - it IS impossible.

So you are left with the latter choice of retaking the area. The problem with this? It gives you full awareness again and therefore another den gets challenged! Your only hope is that you can remove the awareness fully, by finding targets and heralds fast enough (that's a laugh) before another den is in jeopardy.

Since all of the above is ridiculous, the better option is to very slowly (and rather boringly) seek out heralds every couple of actions so that the awareness meter never goes to full. The whole process feels like one messy, poorly designed time sink. AChttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gifelaying is definitely the most boring of the series. How could they get on such a steady decline after the first two brilliant games.

Me thinks Ubisoft is in need of slowing down their production rate.

HazelrahFiver
12-10-2011, 09:57 PM
Btw, I am secretly hoping that I receive a response that goes something like, "You know, all you have to do is such-and-such to make this-and-that easier." I would rather start having fun then finish out a boring game.

Sarari
12-10-2011, 10:11 PM
I know you're gonna hate hearing this, but give it a try. I promise you that Den Defense does get fun it you're really focused. They're also not that hard once you know what to do. All you need are air assassins. They take out everybody.

And trust me, once you got this whole Den Defense thing down, being Notorious won't mean a thing. Like when I'm notorious now, I don't care. I just do my thing and if I happen to run into a Herald or a witness, I just do my thing.

ProletariatPleb
12-10-2011, 10:16 PM
Uhm...that's weird dude, I can find Heralds and officials easily. But, I usually go around killing JUST to play Den Defense.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-10-2011, 10:18 PM
Actually, achieving full awareness, if gained through the den activity, will not cause another Den to be lossed. At that, I always had harolds appear immediately after I retook a Den.

Sarari
12-10-2011, 10:18 PM
^Same lol

HazelrahFiver
12-10-2011, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:
Actually, achieving full awareness, if gained through the den activity, will not cause another Den to be lossed. At that, I always had harolds appear immediately after I retook a Den.

This is either untrue or I experienced a glitch. This is exactly how I've received a Tower Defense game (excluding the tutorial).

Regardless, nothing matters now because I've read the easy way to get around the time-sink, I mean, awareness. You can use the same Herald an infinite number of times. All you have to do is venture away about five seconds and then come back. Now that I am collecting more and more money, I can minimize the time-sink.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-10-2011, 10:37 PM
Yeah... I think you've experienced a glitch. By your logic, you'd never be able to take over a Den. As soon as you did, you'd be at full awareness, and have it challenged, at which point you'd lose the challenge and have to retake it. That means you'd never have a Den.

HazelrahFiver
12-10-2011, 10:45 PM
Yeah... I think you've experienced a glitch. By your logic, you'd never be able to take over a Den. As soon as you did, you'd be at full awareness, and have it challenged, at which point you'd lose the challenge and have to retake it. That means you'd never have a Den.

Well, it wasn't the same Den. I took one over and then elsewhere on the map, only a few minutes later, found that a different Den was being challenged. That's exactly what it felt like however, that I could not possibly claim territory.

Rakudaton
12-11-2011, 04:46 AM
I completely agree with the OP; I find the Den Defence mini-game impossible.

Here's the thing. I can easily handle it right up to the point when the siege engine enters. It then bosses straight through three fully upgraded gun barricades, riflemen all along the rooftops and behind said barricades, surviving my continued cannon barrages, and reaches the den with over HALF ITS HEALTH LEFT. I'm sorry, but what on earth am I supposed to do? I'm starting to feel I must have some sort of glitch -- why the hell does it take that much to destroy a siege engine? I don't think there's actually anything more I can do to stop it...

It's got to the point where I wish I could just surrender the den and claim it back by killing the captain; it would be a lot faster and skip my inevitable defeat at den defence. Of course, then the Templar Awareness skyrockets and another of my dens gets contested. Stupid, stupid system.

And yeah, I basically have to stop off and bribe every herald I see. Sucks but it's what I have to do. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

ProdiGurl
12-11-2011, 06:03 AM

Um that's exactly what happened to me in my 2nd Gameplay. I was getting SO annoyed.
No Officials were showing up to take out & there was finally one Herald icon that showed up.
I had a definite issue going on but finally got it under control later.
I went from 3 to 6 contested Dens from my 1st to 2nd go-through.

Since I suck at DD, it was obviously a pain that many times lol.
& even with practice, I didn't find it easy to do. I lost all but 1 round.

So it can happen, just that I thimk it's more random than a glitch.

PhiIs1618033
12-11-2011, 09:30 AM
1) Find a herald.
2) Bribe him.
3) Pickpocket him to get your 100 Akçe back.
4) Go away hundred metres and return.
5) If you're still notorious, go to 2). Else, you're done!

Poodle_of_Doom
12-11-2011, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:

My logic is infallible. You will be assimilated into the collective. All your base now are belong to us.

Um that's exactly what happened to me in my 2nd Gameplay. I was getting SO annoyed.
No Officials were showing up to take out & there was finally one Herald icon that showed up.
I had a definite issue going on but finally got it under control later.
I went from 3 to 6 contested Dens from my 1st to 2nd go-through.

Since I suck at DD, it was obviously a pain that many times lol.
& even with practice, I didn't find it easy to do. I lost all but 1 round.

So it can happen, just that I thimk it's more random than a glitch. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>