PDA

View Full Version : Question about the beginning of ACB *SPOILERS x infinity*

john63
10-25-2010, 11:29 PM
*******Warning, SPOILERS, this post discusses the beginning of ACB. And some important things things from AC1 and 2. What has been read cannot be unread, you've been warned*********

A few days ago I saw this article...

http://www.computerandvideogam...rticle.php?id=270247 (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=270247)

... which (among other things) explains why Desmond is exploring the rest of Ezio's memories. Basically...

(*************HERE COME THE SPOILERS, YOU'VE BEEN WARNED************)

...the modern assassins believe that when Ezio entered the vault, the Minerva hologram somehow changed Ezio's Apple of Eden, by putting a message or map in it or something, and that by using it, the modern assassins will be able to find the temples she referred to.

The only problem is, isn't that Apple of Eden the same one that was destroyed during Abstergo's accident at Denver International Airport?

If I'm not mistaken, that apple was originally Altair's; it was hidden in Cyprus, found by the templars, stolen by Ezio, and taken to the vault. Lucy said something in AC1, along the lines of "The Piece of Eden from Masyaf, they (Abstergo) had it. It was destroyed during the accident. [They're using Desmond to] find where the rest of them are."

So... is there some other piece of Eden that got destroyed instead? Or is the article wrong? Or what? Thanks for any help you can give.

EgyptRaider
10-26-2010, 12:09 AM
Everything you quote is correct... so I don't really see what the problem is?

The apple of Altair and Ezio got destroyed at Denver.... so they use the animus to find other pieces....

SWJS
10-26-2010, 12:15 AM
The apple of Altair and Ezio got destroyed at Denver.... so they use the animus to find other pieces....
What he's asking though, is why the Modern Day Assassins(Desmond and Company), believe that Minerva placed information on the temples into Ezio's apple and hope to retrieve it when it was destroyed.

Answer: They're hoping Ezio will view the apple's contents and they can get the info through the animus.

JJTHoukes
10-26-2010, 12:16 AM
He didn't actually take it into the vault.
It was attached to the pope's staff?

SWJS
10-26-2010, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by ThyMolizzo:
He didn't actually take it into the vault.
It was attached to the pope's staff? He does take it into the vault. Minerva asks to see it as verification, and to "give thanks".

Hence Desmond and Co. assuming "She must have done something to it.

He takes it out and shows it to her. Then she places her hand over it, and it glows.

john63
10-26-2010, 12:31 AM
@ThyMolizzo: No, Ezio brought it in. The game makers just forgot to remove it from the staff, I guess. Remember when Minerva asks to see Ezio's Piece of Eden, and scans it or whatever?

@EziotheAssassin: Exactly. It sounded like the modern assassins wanted to find that PoE and use it themselves, to find whatever message Minerva left. Can't be done.

Ooh, I guess Ezio finding the message makes sense Sure would confuse poor Ezio, though :P

*Imagines Ezio seeing the Minerva hologram several times throughout his life, yet never being able to talk to her himself... poor guy, he's completely out of the loop :P*

But if Minerva intended to deliver the locations through the Animus, why not just do that the first time, when Ezio's in the vault... it would save a lot of time, no?

...Maybe Minerva knew the templars would attack the hideout at that exact moment, and knew she had to cut the message short...

JJTHoukes
10-26-2010, 12:40 AM
What I'm wondering, though.
Why did he not bring back the pope's staff too?
He beat the **** out of Borgia, the pope, but left him alive. He still has acces to the staff now. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

SWJS
10-26-2010, 10:17 AM
...Maybe Minerva knew the templars would attack the hideout at that exact moment, and knew she had to cut the message short...
Not only that, but her hologram had a very limited lifespan. It was a recorded message.