PDA

View Full Version : Center of Gravity

huggy87
04-18-2004, 11:46 AM
Is fuel load modeled appropriately in the game in regards to performance degradations due to weight and CG. IIRC the Mustang was dangerously unstable on take off with a full load of gas. Does the game model that. Do most of you fly online and in QMB with less than 100%?

huggy87
04-18-2004, 11:46 AM
Is fuel load modeled appropriately in the game in regards to performance degradations due to weight and CG. IIRC the Mustang was dangerously unstable on take off with a full load of gas. Does the game model that. Do most of you fly online and in QMB with less than 100%?

hos8367
04-18-2004, 12:07 PM
the p51 has hella range. Online theres no need for more then 25% fuel on almost any map in any situation.

pdog1
04-18-2004, 12:08 PM
you is right.
oleg says cog of cr42 is wrong thats why he models it to stall like crazy, more proof that oleg hates italians.
so it must be modeled but just for biased axis planes.

huggy87
04-18-2004, 03:24 PM
To give the P-51 its incredible range they put a tank right behind the pilot which messed up its CG. In RL they burned that tank down first IIRC. Is that modeled with the mustang. I often fly the P-51 in QMB and havent paid any attention to the 100% fuel. I wonder if that degrades the sim mustang as well.

ASH at S-MART
04-18-2004, 03:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by huggy87:
To give the P-51 its incredible range they put a tank right behind the pilot which messed up its CG. In RL they burned that tank down first IIRC. Is that modeled with the mustang. I often fly the P-51 in QMB and havent paid any attention to the 100% fuel. I wonder if that degrades the sim mustang as well.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I recal Oleg saying that aspect of the rear fule tank problem in the later P51 is NOT modeled in the sim.. So, dont go looking for it, it aint there! As hos pionted out 25% in a US aircraft will get you farther than most Axis planes with 75%... Sense the SIM world is SCALED DOWN area wise.. One of the the KEY advantages of US aircraft over Axis aircraft is not apreaciated... ENDURANCE!

ASH HOUSEWARES
http://www.thecobrasnose.com/images4/brucecampbellSMart.jpg

Zeus-cat
04-18-2004, 03:59 PM
All of the US planes appear to have paper fuel tanks. Anything that passes with 10 meters of the tank puts a hole in it and you start leaking fuel immediately. 25% fuel will get you anywhere on most maps UNLESS you have a fuel leak. I recommend 50% as it gives you a little bit of a safety margin and a chance tyo get home before runnig out of gas.

Zeus-cat