PDA

View Full Version : Pe-2 add-on CD/DVD-ROM...a NEW PETITION !!!

JastaV
05-04-2006, 02:44 AM
""I really apreciated the continous efforts from Maddox Team to improve Il2PF series, although having no access to a broadband connection I was often in troubles with large patches download.

New UBISOFT/1C decision to offer "Pe-2 add-on" only by download-on payment is definetely disapointing, excluding from the possibility to upgrade Il2PF plenty of enthusuastic users only because:

- they have not access to a Broadband connection.

- they - for any reasons - have not the opportunity or simply do not like to use a credit card on the net.

The new marketing strategy is also casting dark shadows and doubts over users attitude for future UBISOFT/1C products.
I cannot say I'll buy for sure the next Battle of Britain retail version, if I'll have not possibitity to access to future upgrades.

I SINCERELY HOPE UBISOFT/1C WILL GO TO RELEASE "Pe-2 ADD-ON" PLUS THE TWO ADD-ONS PLANNED FOR THE NEAR FUTURE IN A CD/DVD-ROM VERSION TOO.

I PLEASE, ALL IL2 USERS TO SUPPORT, POSTING A BRIEF COMMENT, THIS PETITION IN FAVOR OF A CD/DVD-ROM VERSION COLLECTING PLANNED IL2 UPGRADES.

IT COULD BE NICE TO KNOW UBISOFT/1C OFFICIAL OPINION, AND MAY BE AN ANTICIPATION OF A POSSIBLE DATE FOR THE SOUGHT CD/DVD-ROM VERSION RELEASE.""

As I clearly CLEARLY STATED: ""I really apreciated the continous efforts from Maddox Team"".....

My PETITION is not minded as a disclaimer, Nor it's minded to be offensive for anyone.

I only claims to have the same opportunity to update Il2ver4.04m to Il2ver4.05m, evenif I have not access to BROADBAND CONNECTION or/and do not like to use a CREDIT CARD to buy on the net.

JASTAV

RegRag1977
05-04-2006, 03:06 AM
Hi JastaV,

I sign your new petition, like i signed the first one...

Please 1C and Ubi, give us the possibility to go on playing our favourite sim!

Many of us are <span class="ev_code_YELLOW">faithfully</span> in the community for more than 4 years! What about us? Will you leave us on the side of the road?

It would be very kind and smart from your side to allow the new addd ons to be available on DVD or CD! We want to go on with Oleg's IL2 improvements and with his future sims!

I'm sure you're listening to your customers requests!

WE ARE WANTING TO GET YOUR PRODUCTS! BUT WE CAN'T GET THEM UNDER THIS FORM (downloads), WHY NOT GIVING US THE POSSIBILITY TO HAVE CD OR DVD TO BUY?

Thank you for reading!

Best regards!

96th_Nightshifter
05-04-2006, 03:07 AM
This will not be available in shops I would imagine (too much cost for a small community) BUT I think it would be a great idea to allow for this to be able to be bought online, there doesn't need to be any fancy packaging or cd-cases, a simple cd in a sleeve would do the trick and people should have the option to physically own it rather than have to download it.
There are people that say that they will not or can't buy any addons through download - it makes sense to give these people the choice and also makes sense from as business stand point as they WILL get more sales.

mr.keith
05-04-2006, 05:30 AM
I sign this petition...I agree with Nightshifter,in that if it isn't cost effective to sell in stores, then we could buy it on CD online,no fancy packaging required,I would buy it straight away http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

mautsi2
05-04-2006, 05:35 AM
Why could't they wait that all three addons where ready and released them together on a cd/dvd?
Or is this a test?
If the download version would not sell enough they would release them on cd or not at all?

ElAurens
05-04-2006, 05:36 AM
You still have to figure in the cost of production of any hard media.

For niche market products like flight sims downloadable software is the future.

Get used to it.

mautsi2
05-04-2006, 05:47 AM
Ou forgot to give my vote to yes please cd/dvd release. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sleepzzz.gif

Crash_Moses
05-04-2006, 06:34 AM
Signed sans comments...

JastaV
05-04-2006, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by ElAurens:
You still have to figure in the cost of production of any hard media.

Or better costs of distribution !!! ?????

Ritter_Cuda
05-04-2006, 08:34 AM
I will sign this again just keep it simple put it on a plan cd and mail it. I'd buy it then

RegRag1977
05-04-2006, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by 96th_Nightshifter:
This will not be available in shops I would imagine (too much cost for a small community) BUT I think it would be a great idea to allow for this to be able to be bought online, there doesn't need to be any fancy packaging or cd-cases, a simple cd in a sleeve would do the trick and people should have the option to physically own it rather than have to download it.
There are people that say that they will not or can't buy any addons through download - it makes sense to give these people the choice and also makes sense from as business stand point as they WILL get more sales.

You've got the solution http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

J_Weaver
05-04-2006, 10:29 AM
I'll sign!

Art-J
05-04-2006, 10:42 AM
Count me in... Although I understand, that from cost-cutting point of view, the download option is the best for publisher, I also think the CD possible to buy online is a convenient compromise for end-users. One addon might be not enough, but a CD/DVD with 3 of them sounds like a good option for the future.

Cheers - Art

bhunter2112
05-04-2006, 11:22 AM
I agree
just put the 3 addons on a single CD or DVD. With just a simple direct order from UBI. No fancy packaging just a plain disk.
When new users are attracted to the sim they can get the complete DVD edition and then the russian addon when they are hooked. Good business....keep it simple.

LEBillfish
05-04-2006, 11:34 AM
Well.....I'll not sign as this especially with much of the community purchasing it online would make it a VERY expensive proposition...(Imagine 4 employees all toll and 50 hours cost plus all administrative and distribution costs are put into a total of 300 sold disks making each cost $437.00 USD)

HOWEVER!!!!!!

I do support those that wish to participate in the sim. I really have NO tolerance for those that come here to promote other sims by hammering on ours, or really don't fly it yet they just like yammering away.....

So, what about this?......

I cannot recall who on these forums that owns and runs a software distribution house....What if he made an agreement with Ubi/1c where in HE would download, burn and ship on a case by case basis to those that need/want it........

Now IF those parties would agree on it, my guess is you'll have to ADD to the current cost the following;
Time to download
Time to Burn
Packaging
Shipping
Burden (costs such as paperwork and so on)

It might easily double the price, yet that would seem to me to be a more realistic alternative where in most of the excess cost is absorbed to gain customers.

Just a thought...

Comswim
05-04-2006, 11:57 AM
I will sign the petition as well.

Frankenstein000
05-04-2006, 01:09 PM
Signed.

Shrike_UK
05-04-2006, 01:56 PM
boonty box sounds like a very imature kiddies name for a peice of software, i certainly dont trust it with my credit card details, and im not sure i trust ubi as a developer of a peice of software because they are a PUBLISHING company.
I did want the add-on, but wont buy it online with that possibly spyware installing or insecure ubi program thank you.

CD no problem, i will buy, and i expected it on cd, what happened !?!?!

Stigler_9_JG52
05-04-2006, 02:50 PM
I sure don't see anyone here unwilling to pay extra shipping and handling charges...

and for my part, if Boonty weren't included in the upgrade, and it became a simple upgrade ONLY with no "whatever-ware" involved, I dare say it'd be worth the extra few dollars.

Of course, Ubi could always just take the aboveboard route of making both a CD AND a Boonty-free downloadable purchase available. Imagine how popular that'd make them.

Sign me to this.

Crazy_Goanna
05-04-2006, 04:07 PM
I totally agree with putting the 3 add-ons on a CD and marketing them this way as large file d/l over snailband takes forever and the issues of credit card numbers over the internet is a valid one as well. We can all waitfor these things as we have all had to experience the "it will be out in 2 weeks" factor.Note as definitely signed

tigertalon
05-04-2006, 05:25 PM
Signed. Hard to believe it will happen though. Hope for pack of all 3 addons on a dvd remains.

fly_zo
05-04-2006, 11:48 PM
Signed!

I'm on 56k so....

McThag
05-05-2006, 04:12 AM
Signing!

Call me a luddite, but like to have the shiny plastic thingys.

I am also not comfortable about using my credit card for foreign funds. At the very least, the exchange rate at time of purchase may not be the same at time of charge. I prefer to KNOW exactly what I spent, when I spent it.

JastaV
05-05-2006, 06:28 AM
"BANZAII", "OESTER FRONT" are example of Il2 not official add-ons created and marketed by third party companies.....
Indeed they added only missions, campaigns and plenty of third party skins.

I suppose that these third party companies had to pay royalty to 1C and/or UBISOFT for the use of trade marks as Il2 and the usage of Il2 logo.

I suppose that the two foregoing quoted third party, non official add-ons for Il2 will not be the last release of that kind !!!!

What's abaut the possibility to offer a third party add-on for il2 including Pe-2 add-on plus the two new ones to be released in the near future by 1C ????

That solution could be interesting for all users unable to buy Il2 add-ons on the net,
for the third party company that will distribuite the non official add-on, finally for 1C/UBISOFT that will gain from Il2 mark Royalties.......

JastaV

Hurri-Khan
05-05-2006, 07:32 AM
Signed!

Don't have credit card.. guess I'll just need to get one just to reach the infamous boonty http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

>>>-H-K--->

djetz
05-05-2006, 08:48 AM
Me too.

I suppose there's no official comment on the possibility of a combined 3-on-1 CD?

Otherwise, somebody's going to miss out on sales. A small run of CDs with minimal packaging would be worthwhile, financially. UBI could even farm it out to some other company - they'd still make money that they wouldn't have made any other way by offering such a CD by mail-order.

ojcar1971
05-05-2006, 10:18 AM
I'm with all of you!

Freelancer-1
05-05-2006, 12:14 PM
While I personally would prefer a simple clean download. I will sign as support for those of you who can't (or won't) go that route.

Ubi should be doing it's level best to support the ENTIRE IL-2 community.

Cheers,

Punkfriday
05-05-2006, 12:38 PM
signed! i am on 56k and no credit card.

thank you oleg and company !

if this was available on cd i would pay for the difference. thanks again for the seemingly never-ending support for this game!

KG26_Oranje
05-05-2006, 12:51 PM
No way for me to pay electronical so i`m forced to wait for a CD versian.

S!

kalaluth
05-05-2006, 01:31 PM
Signed.
I purchached PE-2 by the only available way, but I feel to be forced to do it by a way I disagree. I don't know what I'll do next time. I'm not sure to purchase.
My usual software shop is unable to sell this add-on. I was adviced to purchase IL-2 there. UBI-Soft has a depth to that shop...

Addition, a few days later
It was not enough to oblige me to a purchase way I disagree. The soft was not working properly, until I un install this b.... Boonty thing, replace the exe files and so on. Now, my decision is taken. No more purchase via this ship. Too bad reputation, of the ship and of the captain http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.
UBI is a French company. Can have a look here. (http://france-simulation.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=3350&pid=27130&st=100&#entry27130)
Philippe L. Leleu
Simulation France Magazine - Expert Missions
Paris.

triad773
05-05-2006, 01:40 PM
Signed. I have bought like 6 CDs already just to be able to play on my LAN (2x copies of the 3). I would like to get the Pe-2 and subsequent add ons, prefereably on one CD, or DVD.

It is my hope that this method of software distribution (here) goes the way of the 8-Track tape; as in just not an effective or attractive way of distributing something that people want to OWN.

Thanks to UBI for some fine games; how about a little Love? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

geoffspear
05-06-2006, 02:38 AM
In a shop here in Zurich, I recently picked up something called "IL2 Sturmovik Gold Edition". It's packaged in a simple jewel case and contains a CD of the original IL2, plus a DVD of FB and AEP. I've never seen it there before so I suppose it must have hit the shelves very recently. I don't need it but I reckoned one can never have too many copies so I bought it.

I really can't imagine who else would buy it now, but the point is, UBI presumably still reckon it's worth producing and distributing it. If it's viable to do this, then why not a CD version of the three addons?

This thing cost 15 Swiss francs, which is about 12 US dollars or ‚£6.50. A very reasonable price and one I imagine most of us wouldn't mind paying for a similar simple package with the addons.

I'll sign this petition again happily. I really hope it can be done.

WTE_Googly
05-06-2006, 05:01 AM
Signed.

I don't particularly like this download thing - I do not think I have the necessary computer skills to get this thing running even with the help on the forums.

I think that if ubi thought that they could make money with the Complete Edition DVD there is no reason the can't release a cd with the 3 expansions on.

Thank you for listening.

gdfo
05-06-2006, 05:33 AM
Consider this post a signature.

mmitch10
05-06-2006, 06:27 AM
I'd buy a cd or dvd with all three addons

Doorknob1968
05-06-2006, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by LEBillfish:
Well.....I'll not sign as this especially with much of the community purchasing it online would make it a VERY expensive proposition...(Imagine 4 employees all toll and 50 hours cost plus all administrative and distribution costs are put into a total of 300 sold disks making each cost $437.00 USD)

LMAO!! WOW someone needs to do some marketing home work.

It would cost a company the size of UBI approx $10 (amount they press probably a lot less) per CD to be manufactured, packaged and shipped.(this includes covering all costs to get a cd ready for the consumer)

So using your example :

300 CDs at the cost of $3000.00 (US)
They would sell for $19.99 (we'll use $20 for those mathmatically incompentent)

That would equal $6000.00 gross income for UBI

Minus the cost of production equals a profit of...

$3,000 US dollars! 50% profit

You can't tell me that it wouldn't be cost effective http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

If manufacturing software cds were as expensive as you state then software companies would be gone plain and simple.

Box-weasel
05-06-2006, 09:22 AM
Signed.

I'm not willing to go thru extra work to get rid of BB.
Plus I'd only be interested in the Sally and Nate and then only if the Ki-27 is flyable.
The planes still lack a feeling of mass to me.
After all they weigh several tons, right?

ElAurens
05-06-2006, 10:07 AM
Um, $3000 isn't even worth bothering with if you are a company the size of UBI. You all keep forgetting the numbers they deal with in the rest of their catalogue.

Flight sims are chump change for any publisher, hence any way to lower distribution costs are only to our benefit, as they will ensure continued, if problematic, support.

Would you rather have no flight sims at all?

LEBillfish
05-06-2006, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by ElAurens:
Um, $3000 isn't even worth bothering with if you are a company the size of UBI. You all keep forgetting the numbers they deal with in the rest of their catalogue.

Flight sims are chump change for any publisher, hence any way to lower distribution costs are only to our benefit, as they will ensure continued, if problematic, support.

Would you rather have no flight sims at all?

Agree, hence my suggestion that a "responsible" third party should look into licensing and distributing on CD such items to thos that need them........Naturally that solves a lot of other issues some individuals are having as well.

FI-Skipper
05-06-2006, 10:48 AM
Signed...

This thread will probably get closed though seen as the only opinion you are allowed to express on these boards is one of adoration of Oleg...

PinkPriest
05-06-2006, 11:16 AM
I sign this petition.

I've been buying Maddox Sims since the original IL-2, have bought every single add-on. But I don't have a credit card, won't get one, and refuse to buy software that I don't get on a CD/DVD without the need to be online to install.

So, publich all three addons as downloads, and as soon as they made you enough money, publish a DVD with all three on it. I'm willing to pay another 40, 50 Euros (usual full price game), but somehow make the game available without credit card!

ReligiousZealot
05-06-2006, 01:39 PM
I've been away from these boards for a bit (waiting for the add-ons to be released among other things), but I'll sign. My reasoning is simple, I prefer to have a hard copy of my games so if in the rare case I'm away from the internet, I can still upgrade and play.

Hopefully at some point there will be an unltimate pack released here in the US, perhaps containing all the add-ons and completely patched up - either way, I'd prefer a CD/DVD version but I'm waiting for the rest of the addons before I even contemplate purchasing them as a download.

HerrGraf
05-06-2006, 04:35 PM
I too will vote for a CD/DVD version of the game and addons. There are a lot of reasons already mentioned as to why many of us have not ordered the download version of the addon.
However one must not blame Olag/1c for this problem- it rests entirely with UBI as to the marketing decision on how to distribute the material.
Personally I believe that just a jewelcase release would be sufficiant for most of us!

Yellow_Sub
05-06-2006, 05:49 PM
Signed.

Since I can't find a petition in the German forum, I sign this one.

Dear Ubisoft,

I would really appreciate if you release the upcoming updates on a CD / DVD. I don't want to buy them as a download. I think this series deserves to be sold in real shops, like normal games too. I am willing to pay 30 euro or full price for those add-ons.

Yellow_Sub, Germany

ChrisPayne
05-06-2006, 11:36 PM
Signed

As I can't get the download to work...

...and their tech support page fails every time I log in

...and I was charged VAT even though I don't live in the UK

Interminate
05-07-2006, 01:27 AM
I sign this.

onebox33
05-07-2006, 05:23 AM
here i am

Reiska07
05-07-2006, 09:19 AM
And worst of all that it NO works (installing)Im angry.

Albertmarcel
05-07-2006, 10:05 AM
Signed !

My computer is not connected to the Net, so impossible to have Pe-2 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

I'am a pilot on Il2 sturmovik since 2001 (I believe), i have bought all the game, Il2 stumovik, Fb, AEP, PF, and now I must stay in 4.04m only by Ubi's fault http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

I prefer pay 30 euros this add-on on cd !

It's clear for me that it's not a Maddox problem but a Ubi fault !

(I'm French, in anger so sorry for my english...)

Macwan
05-07-2006, 10:32 AM
The 3 add-ons in 1 CD/DVD in the next months, that's a good idea, for users and for Ubi.

I agree with that.

But if it's already planned, it won't be said now. That would decrease the actual sales.

Good luck friends.

Macwan.

DK_Boris
05-07-2006, 10:57 AM
Signed, and agreeing to all the abowe mentioned arguments. Eweryone wants a hard copy off their game in case the pc blows up.

martin_591
05-07-2006, 11:07 AM
moi aussi je signe!!!!
car tout comme certain, je n'est acc√¬®s qu'√ une liaison extr√¬®mement lente (pour la 4.03, cela m'a prit 20 heure! et comme c'est la m√¬™me ligne que celle du t√©l√©phone, pas de t√©l√©phone!)
la mise-√ -jours est de 162 Mo, soit 30 heure!! (il prendre en compte que le jours, ma liaison est encore plus lente et qu'elle ne peut remont√© pour je ne sait qu'elle raison) et je ne sais pas pour vous, mais moi acheter en ligne avec tout les pirate qu'il y a, je pr√©f√¬®re pas prendre de risque, sans oubliez que m√¬™me si je le voulais, je ne pourrais pas (mineur-> parent pas d'accord du tout)! si vous voulez une bonne id√©e, sortez tout les addon payant sur CD! Au moins l√ , il aura surment plus d'acheteur et cela fera de la Publicit√© (marketing, vous connaissez?) et en prime, moins de m√©content, donc moins de casse-t√¬™te pour vous. Oleg Maddox l'a fait, alors vous qui √¬™tes de loins plus riche que lui et qui avez plus de moyen en √¬™tes surment capable, car un client heureux est un client fid√¬®le et donc rentable pour vous!
Martin_591
p.s. J'ai √©crit ce message en francais sachant que vous √¬™tes une grande compagnie francaise et que nous simple francophone nous avons le droit de nous exprimez en francais (je suis Canadien, donc faut pas s'√©tonn√© que je r√©clame ce droit) et si vous pourriez enfin nous donnez un mod√©rateur, on serait vraiment heureux, merci d'avoir lut ceci.

schwalbedora
05-07-2006, 11:26 AM
i sign too!
Je signe aussi!

stelr
05-07-2006, 11:30 AM
Agree and signed.

v/r
BSS Stel

Ugatza
05-07-2006, 01:15 PM
I sign it too

micksaf
05-07-2006, 02:11 PM
Count me in !
Suis des votres !
Boontybox est INUTILE,et de plus nocif, ceux qui sont sous 98 Se ne peuvent installer PE2, Boonty n'est pas foutu de d√©nommer correctement les missions "single", et il tourne en t√Ęche de fond A NOTRE INSU ..!!

gamer73
05-07-2006, 03:20 PM
je signe aussi

paux2005
05-07-2006, 03:51 PM
I agree, the cd/dvd is needed

Mjollnir111675
05-07-2006, 04:07 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif < This Idea http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/crackwhip.gif a hippos nipple !)

"I got five on it!"

"Whoever claims he has never perceived an oppressive feeling of fear has certainly never been to the front. The prerequisite for bravery is fear,just as the fear of dying and the uncertainty of what follows this earthly existence are the prerequisites for the origin and existence of every religion." Otto Carius

culann
05-07-2006, 04:30 PM
hello
I agree to
tous ensemble avec albertmarcel
we want apologize for the french who utilize
pacific fighter vive la France http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Apfelstrudel_
05-07-2006, 05:05 PM
et un de plus !

DR_Dauntless
05-07-2006, 05:44 PM
"Une seule so-lu-tion, la ma-ni-fes-ta-tion !"
"Ubi t'es fou-tu, les pilotes sont dans la rue !"

X http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Volviobolido
05-07-2006, 06:35 PM
I sign this petition

MouetteRieuse
05-07-2006, 09:57 PM
i sign up, i am a french fan of the iL2 series and i think is a very good idea !!

BOUGEZ VOUS LE CUL !!

FAW-SPIT
05-08-2006, 03:10 AM
SIGNED !!!!

I'm webmaster of SIMULATION FRANCE MAGAZINE (http://simulation-france-magazine.com) and if the content of PE2 ADD ON is not in cause.
We think really awfull the way choose to broadcast this ADD ON .. We dont need any third party soft to install on our computers, we paid for add on and want to have only add on.. nothing else..

It's waht we think and many others french IL2 fan think same..

We hope, UBISOFT will take consideration of the many voice against this broadcast system..

Wally_1948
05-08-2006, 03:27 AM
I sign also ..

When i paid to receive a download ,UBI is sure i do it ..(Impoosible download if you do not pay ...)
It is not necessary to add controls ..

if ubi is not sure that his customers are honest it is more interresant for him to stop his business ..
for my part i paid 39‚"ö¨ for ultimate and also 15‚"ö¨ for PE2 .. because PE2 was not running on my installed game .. i think it is enough money to receive only the more little addon of il2 never received ..

i an not happy at all ...

Sooory for my english i do my best . .

PS: i hope that if i have to reinstall the downloaded "ultimate IL2" Software i will not be obliged to reinstall this stupid BOONTY .. if it is the case i will make a juridical advice saying that i have not the possibility to install a software i paid, it is a forced sale of an installation software on my personnal computer a kind of hacking i think it is not legal in all country outside France .. and i am not french ...

toc03
05-08-2006, 03:30 AM
signed too !
credit card it is sufficient,
kill the boonty box or same soft!

Farfax
05-08-2006, 04:03 AM
Je signe et re-signe... Merci √ UBI de me onsid√©rer comme un client et non comme un consommateur captif! C'est donc votre m√©thode de distribution et ses al√©as techniques inadmissibles que je mets en cause, non l'Add-on en lui m√¬™me!

Sorry for my "writing english"... but as far as I'm concerned, I'm French, so...

peteward
05-08-2006, 04:15 AM
I also sign this petition as I only use dial up 56k its impossible to get these downloads.Luckily I have mates that download the patches for me.It would be a good idea to wait for all 3 add-ons to come out & then release them on a CD/DVD rom.

All the best Pete

GB-II-12_airkit
05-08-2006, 06:05 AM
Ce que je critique c'est pas le add on payant mais le fait de devoir installer bounty dont je ne veux pas c'est tr√¬®s clair
Alors messieurs si vous voulez garder des clients revoyez rapidement votre mode de distribution. Pensez aussi a ceux qui jouent off line (potentiel client grand public important)alors pourquoi ne pas tout simplement commercialiser un CD comme vous l'avez fait pour FB et PF.
Celui qui ne respecte pas ses clients les perd: pensez-y

VF17_Gunter
05-08-2006, 06:46 AM
Signed !

Closter
05-08-2006, 06:57 AM
Signé.

JG69_Manfred
05-08-2006, 07:07 AM
Et hop, je signe la pétition !!!

Padbol
05-08-2006, 07:10 AM
I'm with you guys http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

saumon831982
05-08-2006, 07:16 AM
Je signe aussi la pétition, sans complexe !

TITUS1959
05-08-2006, 07:51 AM
I agree with you ! Nothing to do with this "Boonty Box" ! Down with it !

SV_Pips
05-08-2006, 07:55 AM
I bought successively the PE-2 addon and the Ultimate pack through the online Ubi shop.
Both did not worked at all !!
Finally I "cracked " the Ultimate one to play !!!!(buying and "cracking" a game ..never seen before!!!LOL)

NEVER , I will buy again anything in relation with this Boonty box !!!
This system associating two different organisations is simply not efficient !!!More of that , I want to have a cd for any game I play ...

Thanks to Oleg reading all complaints to look for a better sales system in the future!

Pips

Philipscdrw
05-08-2006, 08:08 AM
I know nothing about Boontybox (except it has a stupid name) or about how much it costs to make and distribute CDs. So I won't sign, as I'm in a position of ignorance.

But, for Microsoft Flight Simulator series add-ons, the Flight1 publisher/developer has a very successful and robust system for providing files. ( http://www.flight1.com/ ) The Flight1 download wrapper system is renown through the community as being very robust, reliable and secure for installing FS mods. And they're also able to provide CD versions of most of their stuff. Maybe there are lessons to learn there?

bassmaniac
05-08-2006, 08:10 AM
Hi and sorry for my english!

Since IL2 exist , i buyed all the boxs of the game (IL2 and IL2FB+AEP+Pacific).
Because this fantastic game have a big community of gamers all around the world.
There were regulary greats patches and addons and a lot of passioned people collaborate together to enrich the game.
Today, with the pay system on line is not sure and force to install something on the the player PC. I'm not agree with that, and have to say that i'll never buy the PE2 patch or future patch distribute with this system boontybox.
Maybe Ubi must think about a game with a serial number specific for each download account, it could be better..
sorry this system of slavery is not good for me.
Ddt_Bassmaniac

Moon_352
05-08-2006, 08:48 AM
I sign too !!!
Je signe aussi !!!

Respect du consomateur : On a pas √ "bidouiller" un jeux ou un patch pour le faire fonctionner...surtout en payant !

MadBran
05-08-2006, 09:06 AM
Je signe sans prob....

Dev IL2FB tools in www.france-simulation.com (http://www.france-simulation.com)

AiR-Pat
05-08-2006, 09:13 AM
A signé !! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

swiss_lipo
05-08-2006, 09:24 AM
I add my voice here !

IL2 (with the several addons) is THE simulator for WW2. The several upgrades are remarquable and I think it will remain a reference for a long time.

I bought the CD addons and I was very pleased with the free patches available for download. But I am surprised by the last addon... I understand why we should pay for it (new stuff means a lot of work). But the choice of an "internet only" addon is a bad decision. >Only the free patches should be distributed via download. All other, more complete, addons should be combined in some full CDs (for the last addon, if it's too "small" for a CD version, then wait for the next addon and combine them in an expansion pack).

I also regret that there is a third party software that players have to install without knowing anything about it.

I won't download the PE2 addon for those reasons. I regret it because I am not sure if I will be able to upgrade IL2 in the future without PE2. I still hope to see a CD version of all further addons in my favorite shop one day...

Just my 2 cents

Lipo

Buck_Danny_BAF
05-08-2006, 10:05 AM
Signed, for the moment, I won't buy this addon.

Not his way http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Sorry for Oleg and the crew, http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif cause it is probably not their fault ...

UBI, you do not have my vote, neither my money http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

Longnez13
05-08-2006, 10:11 AM
Hello,
Here I am me to!!!Agree and signed!!!
Me to I'am a pilot on Il2 sturmovik since 2001 and i have bought all the game.
I prefer pay 30 euros this add-on on cd !
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif
Je suis tent√© par cet add on PE2, mais je ne tiens absolument pas √ √¬™tre pris dans cette nasse!!!
Pourquoi si cet add on est disponible en t√©l√©chargement, ne peut pas l‚‚ā¨ô√¬™tre en version CD payante, qu‚‚ā¨ôy a t-il de si compliqu√© √ faire pour le r√©aliser‚‚ā¨¬¶??
Je veux √¬™tre libre de l‚‚ā¨ôinstaller ou le r√©installer comme je le d√©sire et ne pas √¬™tre oblig√© de passer par un tiers pour r√©activer un produit que j‚‚ā¨ôai d√©j√ pay√© et qui est sens√© m‚‚ā¨ôappartenir‚‚ā¨¬¶!!
Je suis profond√©ment d√©√ßus, et je pense qu‚‚ā¨ôil faut dire NON devant ce principe d‚‚ā¨ôAdd on t√©l√©chargeable avec un logiciel plus que g√¬™nant que nous ne voulons pas!!!Boontybox est franchement INUTILE,et de plus nocif
OUI pour acheter un CD ou DVD!!!! mais NON pour servir comme "prisonnier volontaire"‚‚ā¨¬¶
Signé: Long nez de France Simulation

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

horseback
05-08-2006, 10:19 AM
Of course I'll sign. A combination expansion/final patch CD/DVD would be well worth over $50 USD to me, as I've stated in other threads.

Thanks so much for the support from the international community; it is very reassuring to know that we're not just a few neo-Luddite soreheads in this.

cheers

horseback

Doug_Thompson
05-08-2006, 10:26 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

GEORGES44
05-08-2006, 10:55 AM
I sign the petition too.I bought the add-on on Ubi site on April 28th and got a Boontybox software I didn't ask for and nothing else:this stupid software doesn't work and I am unable to download the Pe2 add-on!!!I am still waiting for a reply from Boontycom/Ubisoft customer service (and we are May 8th).
Get me a CD/DVD version anytime!!I got no problem with Rebirth of Honor/Wings over jungle when ordering them from Simware.
All my support to Oleg and 1C:They must feel as bad about this affair as us!

daFat1
05-08-2006, 11:39 AM
Gimmie a CD/DVD and I buy it in a second!

Cheers

rniko
05-08-2006, 11:48 AM
Signed !

alaNera
05-08-2006, 02:09 PM
Signed.

space-ace
05-08-2006, 02:25 PM
je signe également! in french

rien de tel qu'un cd !
ace!

Jabo_Ratus
05-08-2006, 03:03 PM
Je signe aussi.

De plus je dirais que l'achat d'une telle addon m√¬™me en version CD (je parle du 4.05M) c'est vraiment nous prendre pour des vaches a lait!
Certain Patch gratuit eux avait + de nouveauté que cette nulité de PE-2.
Autant je suis admiratif du travail de Oleg, autant je suis déçu de cette maneouvre commercial déplacée!

bane92
05-08-2006, 03:06 PM
SIGNE 1000 FOIS

SUPERAEREO
05-08-2006, 03:18 PM
I would definitely be prepared to pay a premium price for a CD/DVD including either the three add-ons or the complete version plus add-ons.

S!

mr.keith
05-08-2006, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by horseback

Thanks so much for the support from the international community; it is very reassuring to know that we're not just a few neo-Luddite soreheads in this.

cheers

horseback

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif thanks to our chums in the international community http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

GreyGhostGG
05-08-2006, 04:28 PM
Im sighning it for ya, and in case anyone was wondering I do alot of CDRom production for my company and LEBillFish'es post is totally off on cost. I know myself , my squadron and and 4 other squadrons wont be making the upgrade. Especially because of the Bootny BS with it, and witout any real warning that it's being installed. Who wants to pay for spyware. My suggestion is for all to do the same. Oleg has already been quoted on their forums saying he had no idea what UBI was going to do with the patch. he gave it to them as a pure executable, without any copy protection.

Look here for the truth before ya buy.

http://agw.bombs-away.net/showthread.php?t=54997

Brutal67
05-08-2006, 09:44 PM

McThag
05-09-2006, 12:38 AM
And for the record, if Boonty Boondongle was supposed to stop piracy, it failed.

The upgrade is out there for download for free without dealing with Ubi or Boonty.

All I am asking for is what the pirates have, a clean install, except I want to give Ubi and Oleg money.

lupo81
05-09-2006, 12:40 AM
signed,signed,signed

CrazyFry
05-09-2006, 01:44 AM
Signed.

greycap11
05-09-2006, 02:34 AM
Signed!

I./JG53_Greycap

310th Falcon
05-09-2006, 03:56 AM
I would definitely be prepared to pay a premium price for a CD/DVD including either the three add-ons or the complete version plus add-ons.

falco_6.8
05-09-2006, 05:44 AM
Signed!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

stefano-1940
05-09-2006, 05:54 AM
Signed!

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

uh_boy
05-09-2006, 08:50 AM
signed http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

frantic69
05-09-2006, 08:57 AM
Signed,

Easy to understand, I bought every Maddox sims since the first IL2. But this time I won't buy PE2 addon.
Download a software (big size) turns me crazy but I can imagine it. Use my credit card on the net, ok I can do it.
But, be forced to connect to UBI to activate the software ... no way.
I am very very very sorry Oleg, I am sure that you have nothing to do with all this but I will not buy game anymore if things don't change.

Hey, Ubi ... I am not sure that this is the best thing to do to avoid piracy. I am sure that everybody here pay for the Oleg's game but a lot of persons in the world won't bother with all this procedure.

mean_mango
05-09-2006, 09:05 AM
I would buy that sucker in a heartbeat!

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

lebobouba
05-09-2006, 09:52 AM
Signed !!

Yes for add-ons on CD/DVD http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Boonty aux chio.... !! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Snookyto
05-09-2006, 09:58 AM
Signed http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

Edbert
05-09-2006, 10:43 AM
I did just that, I ordered the latest-and-greatest collection (the 5th boxed edition of this sim I've purchased) on DVD which arrived the same weekend the new patch came out. My brand new DVD is out of date the day it arrived, no big deal right? Wrong! I cannot legally download the patch to be up to date unless I shell out ~50% of the price of my brand new DVD and buy a plane I'll never fly just so I can play online.

Ayak
05-09-2006, 01:04 PM
Signed!

Perrazi
05-09-2006, 03:29 PM
please count me as signed on for the cd. voted for it on the other thread and will here too. i have no problem paying any reasonable price for something i can hold in my hand. don't have to have fancy packaging,but it can't have boonty whatever,starforce, or any other spyware,malware,or whatever encoded on it. have been here since the beginning,but if downloads are the direction this is going,then bye-bye.

lemecanicienfou
05-09-2006, 03:58 PM
I SIGN !!!
JE SIGNE !!!

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif +1000

Un CD/DVD sinon rien !

Que l'on vire au plus vite cette ***** de boonty... de ma bécane http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Bearcat99
05-09-2006, 06:39 PM
It isnt that easy... with CDs come packaging costs... shipping costs... etc.. etc etc.. it isnt going to happen..

I think you would be better off with a petition to have UBI support PayPal... or something like it.

danger13
05-09-2006, 06:53 PM
blah blah blah again.every game will need patches and fixes, juat make the game and test fully BEFORE releasing it.

danger13
05-09-2006, 06:53 PM
ohh, p.s.

signed

Kid_kreole
05-09-2006, 07:22 PM
Signed!

dio69
05-09-2006, 11:30 PM
signed http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

voivod74
05-10-2006, 12:34 AM
signed

S!

ChrisGibon
05-10-2006, 02:46 AM
Moi aussi je signe !

Rudi_Jaeger
05-10-2006, 06:33 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

foxyboy1964
05-10-2006, 11:48 AM
I support this petition. I've just had a look at some screenies from the "46" add on. The little German jet looks great, but if it doesnt come out on disc I wont be able to get it.

VulK1
05-10-2006, 01:06 PM
Signed

jamie18thmo
05-10-2006, 01:19 PM
I'll sign too.
Please keep up the good work, and make it available to all.

LESSTAT
05-10-2006, 02:16 PM
je signe aussi car j ai tous les cd d il2
suis en 56k et pas de cb
voila http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Ltn.F.Baracca
05-10-2006, 04:26 PM
signed

S!

ctony
05-11-2006, 03:40 AM
Signed.

i had all Il2 ( Il2 Sturmovik, Forgotten Battles , FB AEP, FP ) and i could this add-on on a cd or dvd with the thers projects 1946 and/or il106mandchoukouo.

Sorry for my english. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

moyus
05-11-2006, 04:13 AM
Signed. I can't descently support this kind of ultra-liberal methods.
Squad. leader 615sqn_Moyus, fr.

RTA_cbal
05-11-2006, 04:26 AM
Signed

JG53Frankyboy
05-11-2006, 04:29 AM
i have bought the Peshka AdOn online.
i will buy the IL10 & VVS'46 AdOn online.

BUT for sure , if UBI would release a DVD with the whole stuff (FB + AEP + PF + 3 "russsian" AdOns + perhaps the latest patch) i will definetly buy it !

NN_papy94
05-11-2006, 04:53 AM
je signe et resigne http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/354.gif

montecalvo
05-11-2006, 06:27 AM
Signed!!!

namhee2
05-11-2006, 08:03 AM
Dito..

NN_Razor
05-11-2006, 11:24 AM
et une signature de plus. On est pas des vaches!

gdfo
05-11-2006, 07:11 PM
OK after deciding to buy and dl the PE addon I found out that the damn thing I downloaded was in French. NOWHERE did I see an option to choose a language. Now what do I do.

This whole thing is so messed up to the point of ridiculousness. Games are supposed to be fun not aggravation.

If I do not get a satisfaction response from ubi or boonty by morning the whole game is going into the trash.

TSmoke
05-11-2006, 07:34 PM
Signed and agree it should be available on a CD.

But like most things here it will be a bloody waste of time.

gmot_ka
05-12-2006, 04:37 AM
I rarely write somthing in the forum but read it very often. After reading some threads which were locked by the moders I decided to sign this petition and not to buy Pe2.

silkut
05-12-2006, 05:12 AM
Signed and Agreed

I won't buy PE-2 untill it comes with a CD.

JastaV
05-12-2006, 06:58 AM
Thanks everybody for support to present petitions......

Although I'll not be able to update Il2 to ver4.05m or superior, without the long seeked CD/DVD-ROM release at shops, I'm looking forward and a new, great add-on campaign for Il2DCG is near to be uploaded:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/26310365/m/4421074244

I'll update you, as regard further developments....and release date of my "Stalingrad campaign".....

Meanwhile, I invite all users to keep alive the hope to see soon an Il2 add-on CD/DVD-ROM versions at shops.

Lets us subscribe and discuss present topic !!!!

JastaV

Hendley
05-12-2006, 06:59 AM
Signs. I _could_ download, but not with that boonty silliness I won't. Lots of folk without the means to pay/download online have a lot of interest in the series.

SeaFireLIV
05-12-2006, 07:28 PM
Well who knows? I support the petition anyway... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I have had many troubles already just getting the Pe-2 4.05. I`m certainly not looking forward to trying to purchase it off online again when the next 2 come out. I really do WANT the add-on, but just not by this method of purchase and obtaining it.

I do have the feeling that an Ultimate, ultimate disc will be created though after the whole release with everything on it...

Good work on your upcoming Stalingrad DCG scenario, btw.

CT_Dummy
05-15-2006, 06:50 PM
j'ai la 4.05 mais m√¬™me sur CD je prends cette version comme une arnaque totale. Et pis j'aime pas le flicage et pis j'aime pas me prendre la t√¬™te pour t√©l√©charger trois ou quatre fichiers vendus √ prix d'or.
Je signe contre tout moi ...

http://www.arobase.org/rediger/img/ascii-vache.gif

Et pis aussi j'en ai marre de trop rigoler en voyant les mod√¬®les de vols des FW (voir photo). Et pis c'est tout.

Arctic.Wolf
05-17-2006, 10:25 PM
CDN.FLYBOY(Hyperlobby)
Frenchie1969(UBI)

I hereby sign this petition as part of releasing a CD for future updates and or expansions. I don't mind if people want to give their credit cards online....but I'm not one of them. How can you release a game that you have to pay per download.....what if people don't even have a credit card....Has Oleg's team ever thought about that?? How can people enjoy your great game?

As far as I'm concerned, If you release it as pay per download....you can certainly make it available on CD's.

<S>
CDN.FLYBOY
Frenchie1969

BorisGruschenko
05-18-2006, 11:29 AM
signed.

Crash_Moses
05-18-2006, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by CT_Dummy:
j'ai la 4.05 mais m√¬™me sur CD je prends cette version comme une arnaque totale. Et pis j'aime pas le flicage et pis j'aime pas me prendre la t√¬™te pour t√©l√©charger trois ou quatre fichiers vendus √ prix d'or.

Et pis aussi j'en ai marre de trop rigoler en voyant les mod√¬®les de vols des FW (voir photo). Et pis c'est tout.

RUN! The French are bombing us with cows!

CT_Dummy
05-18-2006, 02:43 PM
Moses, this picture is an illustration of the flight model of the FW190 ...

Hehe http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Treesqueak
05-22-2006, 09:21 PM
Add my signature......

Mike http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

mortoma1958
05-23-2006, 07:21 AM
How and where do we sign this petition??

eprotat
05-25-2006, 01:44 PM
En 20 jours, pas moyen de l'installer en plus.

Non seulement le mode de distribution est limite, mais en plus il est buggé à mort.

Je signe des deux mains.

bienenbaer
05-25-2006, 02:15 PM
I sign this partition as well.

I will buy the the Add-Ons no matter if released seperately or on one physical media.

I bought the ultimate edition and as well a number of 3rd party add-ons.

I have a very good friend who will only buy the add-ons if released on DVD/CD. As me, he has bought all Il2+AEP+PF DVD/CDs and is a constant player of this sim.

Please support your loyal customers.

MR.Reah
05-28-2006, 02:41 AM
Agreed 110% - I will NEVER buy a 'download'
Please put the software on a disc or DVD- tack on an extra 5$ - let me order by phone, internet, or maybe write a letter- I can send check or postal money order- put the disk in the mail and send it to me-
problem solved ;-)

han freak solo
05-28-2006, 08:35 AM
Add my signature, too.

Interminate
05-30-2006, 10:55 PM

I like the udder on the cow

WTE_Galway
05-30-2006, 11:57 PM
cant recall if i signed this earlier or not

but for what its worth i will do it agian just in case http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

|CoB|_Spectre
05-31-2006, 05:00 PM
I'll sign...not that I think anyone in a position to do anything about it bothers to read this stuff.

tigertalon
05-31-2006, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by WTE_Galway:

but for what its worth i will do it agian just in case http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

+1

J_Weaver
05-31-2006, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by tigertalon:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WTE_Galway:

+1 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

+1

Pentallion
06-02-2006, 01:14 AM
I'll sign this petition.

Antoninus
06-02-2006, 03:13 AM
Just want to add my signature.

Beirut
06-02-2006, 03:17 AM
Done.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif

tplynn
06-02-2006, 08:17 AM
Sign me up!! I still haven't purchased the 4.5 patch. I'm very disapointed with IL-2! Did they forget that a large number of their customers speak english? Semper Fi

anikollag
06-02-2006, 10:21 AM
Just want to add my signature.

Crash_Moses
06-02-2006, 11:14 AM
Moses, this picture is an illustration of the flight model of the FW190 ...

Hehe http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

I've been hiding under my desk for nothing?! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

Rebel_Yell_21
06-04-2006, 12:12 PM
Signed.

AFSG_Paper
06-04-2006, 02:02 PM
Agree

AFSG_Jedi
06-04-2006, 05:21 PM
Also agree http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

AFSG_fraggmann
06-04-2006, 06:02 PM
yes,I also agree

WTE_Galway
06-04-2006, 06:34 PM
so is this possible or just wishful thinking ?

AFSG_Bulldog
06-04-2006, 08:15 PM
Go ahead and add me to the list as well.

AFSG_Rhino
06-04-2006, 09:26 PM
No doubt about it. I would gladly pick up a copy if I could get it on a CD/DVD.

Jungmann
06-05-2006, 09:33 PM
Put me down--I'm for it.

Old_Canuck
06-06-2006, 01:01 PM
Signed with disclaimer:

SteveV, this is not spamming or whining. It's called keeping up the pressure until the heavy-handed marketeers do the right thing.

SeaFireLIV
06-07-2006, 06:57 AM
Indeed it is.

Pressure +1

BLR_Gino_fr
06-07-2006, 01:36 PM
+1 with the BLR squadron

Kajun442
06-07-2006, 04:20 PM
I would be happy to buy/download it without Boonty or buy a disc for an extra cost. Add my name as well.

Kajun442

JadehawkII
06-07-2006, 05:44 PM
What can I say? I'm tired of the current setup.
Please add me as well. Thanks!
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

dglasal
06-07-2006, 05:53 PM
Please add me to the list, along with the other upcoming add ons.

AFSG_Weasle
06-11-2006, 09:38 AM
I'll throw my hat in as well

SteveK

Wtornado_439th
06-11-2006, 01:17 PM
Signed

Have not come here in a while and yes I
would be pleased with a CD version maybe
with even an other add-on extension.

<Cheers>

439th_Wtornado http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Blackjack04
06-11-2006, 03:53 PM
Count me in. Would definately support any paid add on CD/DVD that works without Boonty. Will not purchase current Pe-2 untill they fix problem.

VF-152_JAY
06-16-2006, 08:58 PM
cd or dvd
PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

erco415
06-17-2006, 04:24 PM
Signed. I don't need a box, manual or anything else, just a disc. (And a flyable D.XXI and P-36!)

AFSG_Ghsotbear
06-18-2006, 11:23 AM
Put me on the list
Ghostbear

henriksultan
06-18-2006, 05:52 PM
Signed!

Love to se that beut on the shelves http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Jacky_z_Cao
06-20-2006, 05:12 AM
CD/DVD!

so i can buy it with Chinese yuanÔ¬Ņ¬•

skyvazkez
06-20-2006, 10:22 AM
Signed

hurricane33000
06-20-2006, 05:38 PM
you have my vote for CD/DVD's for addons,and no we don't have to get used to download addons if enough of us band together.

EiZ0N
06-22-2006, 09:26 PM
I'm not signing because the target audience for Pe-2 is just too small and realistically, selling CD's just isn't worth it.

han freak solo
06-23-2006, 07:12 AM
EiZ0N = Hijacker

J_Weaver
06-23-2006, 06:22 PM
Its certainly not realistic to think they will release each one on a seperate disk. However, my hope is that once all three are out they will release all of them on one disk. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

steve_v
06-23-2006, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by J_Weaver:
Its certainly not realistic to think they will release each one on a seperate disk. However, my hope is that once all three are out they will release all of them on one disk. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif That is a reasonable assumption. I hope they put the entire IL-2 series on a single DVD, including the last russian add-ons.

Daze_88
06-24-2006, 07:12 AM
CD/DVD for me.
They dont have to pre make a million copies.
And they dont have to make the thing fancy lookin.

han freak solo
06-24-2006, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by J_Weaver:
Its certainly not realistic to think they will release each one on a seperate disk. However, my hope is that once all three are out they will release all of them on one disk. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

+1 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

jaybee333
06-27-2006, 12:52 PM
Please include me in the PETITION.
I would buy a plain wrapper CD/DVD of one or all addons.
I will not buy PE2 download addon, way too many problems.
Business policy makers, please take note.
I have been a loyal IL-2 gamer since virtually day one of the game, or , about 4 years.
Please support us!

Old_Canuck
06-29-2006, 01:25 AM
I'm holding out for a consolidated DVD to finalise the entire series. IMHO it would sell long after BoB's release.

MagnumHK
06-29-2006, 07:00 PM
Signed, signed and signed again for all the above stated reasons. CD/DVD please.

Make it possible for local computer shops to order in and problem solved. Plain brown paper bag will do it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

WTE_Galway
06-29-2006, 07:39 PM
as far as i know the downloadable version still causes crashes unless you doctor it by using the 4.04 exe files

i am all for the DVD version though it makes sense to wait till all 3 addons are available

tascaso
06-29-2006, 09:55 PM
No, no and no, no need for more CD's or DVD not for a piddly addon, no way no how. Now if at the end they want to release the whole mess on a DVD, that would be OK.....Super GOLD IL-2 at Wal-Wart for $9.99!....mmmmm about 2009.

Tony

eiffel68
06-30-2006, 08:35 AM
+1 for cd/dvd.

Bouncer1942
06-30-2006, 02:28 PM
Add me to the list.

310th Falcon
06-30-2006, 07:53 PM
Yes....

Skyfoxx1
07-01-2006, 09:41 AM
Add me.

wayno7777
07-04-2006, 10:54 PM
All three on disc. I'd be up for that....

signed wayno7777

Scharnhorst1943
07-05-2006, 10:16 AM
Definitely count me in. I would download them and buy the CD too. I always like having backups in case of computer crashes and f-k ups.

KarayaEine
07-05-2006, 02:04 PM
consider my name added to the list.

karaya

Snuffy Smith
07-07-2006, 11:40 PM
I really want to buy 4.05m (PE2), but I'm terrified of all the download problems being described. Also, I'm concerned about the amount of personal information and direct access to my computer, which seems to be required. I would be happy to pay more than the download price, if I could just order an install CD from any reputable mail order supplier. I feel very frustrated that I do not feel safe to attempt a download of this upgrade. If I understand correctly, we are likely to be shut out of any further game upgrade or development?

Bird Brain's release of his new campaign is just adding to my frustration with the situtation. It's one I've been hoping for for a while, and now I may not be able to play it, since it needs 4.05m (PE2).

Yorkiesand
07-08-2006, 07:54 AM
Please add my name to the list.

slipBall
07-08-2006, 08:00 AM
+1 Sure would be nice

this thread is so old that I might already have posted, in that case +2

aircargoo
07-09-2006, 07:11 PM
I'm in... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif I would rather purchase hard copy. I dont agree on using my credit cards online as well.
I'll sign! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

goshikisen
07-09-2006, 07:52 PM
The optimist in me thinks all 3 on one DVD is a great idea while the realist thinks we're lucky to get this content at all.

Targ
07-09-2006, 08:06 PM
I doubt you will see the add ons on a cd as they were never intended to be released in the west and it took some convincing to get ubi to go along with even a download version, but ya never know.
Good luck to you though.

aircargoo
07-15-2006, 11:14 AM
signed as well http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif....got the pe2 add-on thou....not so bad after we get it on "cd" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif...oh well http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif....just got it so....

PLANEMAD
07-17-2006, 04:05 AM
count me OUT! i think we may have had the sturmoviks over manchuria addon by now but all trouble over the pe2 addon download has but the game back a bit.

Interminate
07-17-2006, 05:36 PM
how bout a response UBI?

WTE_Googly
07-20-2006, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by PLANEMAD:
count me OUT! i think we may have had the sturmoviks over manchuria addon by now but all trouble over the pe2 addon download has but the game back a bit.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/353.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1241.gif

What are the future plans for this petition? We need to bring it to their attention if we want anything to happen.

WTE_Googly
08-20-2006, 02:21 AM
Bump

ytareh
08-20-2006, 04:05 AM
Have just been locked out of the entire game by Boonty after fitting a new mobo and graphics card.Ultimate Edition DVD has GOT to be a good idea.

-HH-Quazi
08-20-2006, 07:18 AM
Just as Ubi came out with a download including Pe-2 after they released Pe-2, I have a feeling after they rest of the addons are released that they will offer a download with all the content, hence the reason I have help off on buying the DVD. And if they do, this is what I will purchase.

Ooops! I am SIGNED!!

Old_Canuck
08-21-2006, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by -HH-Quazi:
Just as Ubi came out with a download including Pe-2 after they released Pe-2, I have a feeling after they rest of the addons are released that they will offer a download with all the content, hence the reason I have help off on buying the DVD. And if they do, this is what I will purchase.

Ooops! I am SIGNED!!

Exactly. I'm willing to forgive Oleg's marketing buddies for a failed experiment and will happily plunk down more $$ for a comprehensive CD/DVD set. Even if it never gets flown again after BoB and FSX is released, it will be a good feeling having it safely on the shelf.

butakup
08-22-2006, 04:23 AM
ive just bought the new "COMPLETE EDITION" it outa date already I will not purchase on line maybe the new BOB will be sold in the same way? lets have this addon on a cd then when your system crashes you have the cd backup

TgD Thunderbolt56
08-22-2006, 07:44 AM
Well, I'm getting ready to build a new rig (primarily as prep for BoB, but not solely) and I have considerable reservations about how to get my fresh install up to 4.05m.

I bought, paid for and DL'd the PE-2 add-on and am a bit skeptical about getting it onto my new rig. I never removed Boonty, but that's a moot point if I build new. Innit?

TB

Don_X
08-28-2006, 06:21 PM
Frequent re-installs,upgrades,re-formats seem the norm for most.
Having all the essentials on CD/DVD makes most sense.

A definite Yes here

JastaV
10-17-2006, 02:49 PM
IT SEEMS LIKE WILL SOON GET ALL WE SEEKED FOR.... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif AND EVEN MORE !!!!!

IL2 STURMOVIK 1947 will be a complete version, including all net released updates, and on DVD support.

A BIG THANK TO MADDOX GAME http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif !!!!

A GREAT THANKS TO ALL PETITION SIGNERS !!!!!!

A SPECIAL THANKS TO ALL FRIENDS WHO SIGNED THE PETITION WHILE THEY ALREADY HAD PURCHAISED THE ON-LINE ADD-ONS. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

JastaV

mister1991
10-17-2006, 06:04 PM
a pe2/som/46 cd pack coud be cool if realease in canada

jamesdietz
10-18-2006, 10:44 AM
Bumpinstein!<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

" God Help me , I love the smell of Computer wiring smoking in the morning!"
http://members.cox.net/doolittle80/DietzPilotSigBlockCropped.gif http://members.cox.net/fliegeroffizier/StukaPilot2.gif

Beirut
10-18-2006, 07:49 PM
Offer me a complete DVD with everything on it and I will buy it.

Offer me more Boonty BS DLs and I will not.

It's that simple.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

"Official Lancaster whiner"

Michou_03
11-18-2006, 08:33 AM
Signed ou signer

steve_v
11-18-2006, 12:01 PM
Pe-2 add-on CD/DVD-ROM
is now a reality.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

<center>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/The_Presz/natlchamp_logo.jpg

When you get to Magnum-PC.com (https://magnum-pc.com/Search/External/) tell 'em HawgDog sent you.

Oleg Maddox ~ "Enjoy please Il-2 1946 DVD now"