PDA

View Full Version : Let's put this in perspective.

james_ander
05-03-2006, 07:20 PM
I know many of you are tired of hearing about boontybox, but as things are settling down, I feel that it hasn't been that bad...why?

1. There are a number of easy workarounds if you look for them. Most of us have enough computer knowledge to use them. I found downloading from ubi a lot easier than bugging the slackjawed morons at EB about something that wasn't Grand Theft Auto.

2. We got the add-on! The content is good. The price isn't bad either. Originally we thought this add-on wouldn't be available to the western market. Imagine how much we would be crabbing if we couldn't get it? Did ubi really violate the temple of our computers so badly compared to other internet related products that rape our machines for data?

3. Ubi publically apologized and is working on a fix. It's right on the website. Can you remember any other time that Ubi did this?

I still am a little suprised that an international behemoth like Ubi has problems delivering a product through download. I'm sure many of you have downloaded Hitiles from Thomas Walti. He's just one guy and his download and install is slicker than hair oil. I hope to see more add-ons for this series in the future with a more streamlined download process from Ubi.

Aeronautico
05-03-2006, 08:11 PM
Absolutely.

sabotshooter88
05-04-2006, 10:10 AM
James I appreciate your post.

UBI did apologize and is currently working on a fix. However the ranting and gnashing of teeth over the weekend was cause by those who were having problems voicing their concern. soon the "yes it does, no it doesn't" debate surfaced which cause ego's to get involved(including mine).

When those who are "called" or self appointed as authorities for the forums begin to demean others it is an issue. I'm sure UBI is looking at the potential problem it currently has, and hopefully they will apply solutions to the additional addons.

How the sim community will take the hard work of Oleg and apply it to their gaming will ultimatly put the problems into prospective.

Allons

Troll2k
05-04-2006, 10:25 AM
I want to thank Oleg for his tireless dedication to IL2 series.I do appreciate all that he has done.I realize that this Ubi debacle was none of his doing and I plan to support him now and in the future.I may ***** and moan but I plan to buy the addon as soon as the dust settles and they fix the install problems.

That said here is my response to one of the previous posts.

1.Why should there be a workaround at all?You pay for a product.You expect it to work.Not spend all weekend searching for a fix that should have not beeen needed in the first place.

2.$18-$19 USD is not a good price.You can get all 3 games on dvd plus the patches for $35.00.$18-$19 for 1 plane is rather stout.(although I am not sure of the prices for those 3rd party campaign packs)

#.Yes Ubi did post an apology.But that was in response to the backlash of unsatisfied and irate Ubi customers.It was a PR move to stop the mob from throwing bricks at their front door.I doubt you will actually see any fixes any time soon.(if it was Olegs fault we would have a fix already)

Maraz_5SA
05-04-2006, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by james_ander:
I know many of you are tired of hearing about boontybox, but as things are settling down, I feel that it hasn't been that bad...

I agree it has not been that bad, the true problem is that they are working at it! We must prepare for the worse http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Maraz

Tater-SW-
05-04-2006, 12:58 PM
The apology was for DLs that resulted in unplayable games (wrong keys, etc) not for the PITA boonty system, and the trouble to uninstall it, right?

tater

Maraz_5SA
05-05-2006, 05:20 AM
Also for the "boontified" exe files crashing the game, I guess...

Maraz

Shrike_UK
05-05-2006, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Tater-SW-:
The apology was for DLs that resulted in unplayable games (wrong keys, etc) not for the PITA boonty system, and the trouble to uninstall it, right?

tater
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif
yep they are not sorry they used boonty, not an apology imho.
they should apologise for bashing in our front door to spy on us.

not buying until boonty is gone, i will stick by my morals. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

the clue is in the fact they are talking to boonty to rectify this, ?! why?! boonty is the problem, kill it!.

BueJack
05-05-2006, 03:17 PM
Remember people, that through out history, the frogs have never apologised for anything, why now for BBhttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif.