PDA

View Full Version : BdU: Base Was Changed To Brest

BaneSixEcho
03-31-2005, 11:35 AM
Apologies for asking this again. I've read about this problem before but I can't find the thread(s)... no thanks to the stellar search function. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Anyway, as the subject implies, my base has been changed from Wilhelmshaven to Brest. No problem, except that Brest does not appear on the Nav Map. I know where it is and am heading in that direction, but will I be able to finish my patrol there?

What should I do and/or how do I get it to appear on the Nav Map?

TIA

AW3rdUp
03-31-2005, 11:42 AM
I had this problem. I just sailed out, hit the "end patrol" and saved. Then I went back and re-started the mission at the save where it was first assigned. Brest appeared on the map the second time thru.

HeibgesU999
03-31-2005, 11:45 AM
This might be silly, but have you zoomed in your map. Some ports don't appear when you are all the way zoomed out.

AW3rdUp
03-31-2005, 11:50 AM
I tried that when I had the glitch. Brest just wasn't there (you could zoom all the way in on the channel, but no base/marker). The base only becomes available after a certain date and for some reason it's not always sync'ed to the map when you are first assigned the transfer. I've read several posts mentioning the issue.

TedHealy
03-31-2005, 11:50 AM
I had the same problem. Just sail to the northwest tip of France, north of the other french bases. You'll come to large natural harbor land feature with a northern and southern section. Sail into the northern section and the harbor will be on your left (to the north). When I went on my next patrol, Brest was back on the map.

BaneSixEcho
03-31-2005, 12:00 PM
Thanks for the tips so far.

I'll try finding it and docking there even though it's not on the map. I'm not sure if I'll get to that point tonight or not but I'll give it a whirl when the time comes.