PDA

View Full Version : Who's got one of these bad boys? Triplehead2Go

williek
07-04-2006, 10:46 AM
http://www.fspilotshop.com/product_info.php?products_id=880

I have got to get me one of these. 3 screens off one video card? Together with my TrackIR this is like sitting in the cockpit.

Texas LongHorn
07-04-2006, 11:54 AM
I have actually seen that rig in action, alas it was running PhotoShop and not a flight sim <ggg.> All the best, LongHorn

badsearcher
07-04-2006, 01:02 PM
I think the borders of the monitors would bother me too much in order for me to be willing to use such a technology (let alone pay so much for it and the additional monitors). What do you guys think?

WB_Outlaw
07-04-2006, 02:51 PM
Short of three projectors to eliminate the monitor cases, I wouldn't go with such a rig.

Even with a caseless setup, I wonder if any video card available now or in the near future could get a decent framerate with such a high resolution.

--Outlaw.

Airmail109
07-05-2006, 04:50 AM
Outlaw, me thinks an ATI crossfire setup or Nvidea QUAD SLI setup would be able to run it. Anyway it looks great for LOMAC, i might get myself one and get 3 monitors with thin bezels so the borders are hardly noticeable.

major_setback
07-05-2006, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by badsearcher:
I think the borders of the monitors would bother me too much in order for me to be willing to use such a technology (let alone pay so much for it and the additional monitors). What do you guys think?

Only 300 dollars at most! It runs 3 monitors on you existing graphics card without much loss in framerate.

WWSensei
07-07-2006, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by major_setback:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by badsearcher:

Only 300 dollars at most! It runs 3 monitors on you existing graphics card without much loss in framerate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

More like $300 dollars at least--the device costs that much. Lets start with your second sentence. 3 monitors. I have one good LCD and a poor CRT that wouldn't be good for this. So I would need at least 2 more monitors. Decent LCD monitors (CRT's are too wide framed to make this feature worth while) will run $250-$300 (US). So I'm already up to $800-$1000 to start.

Video card. I have an ATI X800 XL. It won't run the game currently at 1680x1050x32 in acceptable frame rates so I'd have to boost that. Would take a minimum of $300 for a baseline card to get good frames. So now I'm up to $1100-$1400. If it really needs SLI then start adding even more.

Right now, such a device--even as cool as it is--is just not something I'm willing to plop that kind of cash on.