PDA

View Full Version : 1946 download failed in UBI shop

Hiaw
02-16-2007, 08:55 AM
Hello folks! I went through the necessary procedures at the Ubi shop to obtain the 1946 download. All was accepted, got a keycode at the download page and when I started to download, I only got this Boonty Box stuff, but the actual download of the game 1946 doesnt and didnt take place at all. I already wrote to the customer service thrice and didn't receive an answer yet. I'm getting unpatient now really I do. I at least expect that the shop reacts to my private mail after the deal and that they care for a solution...dont know whats going on there and thought writing here something would be of help...maybe some officials see this and could care....

FluffyDucks2
02-16-2007, 09:30 AM
Did you open the boontybox thing and direct it to download 46??
I'm pretty sure you have to actually activate the Boonty downloader which then downloads the files and saves them in the Boontyfolder as "downloaded Boonty Games" or some such name.
So the actual download should be in that folder.
I think...... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

Enthor1
02-16-2007, 10:01 AM
Mine was not in the boontybox folder, the download went into My Downloaded Games folder.

-HH-Quazi
02-16-2007, 10:51 AM
FluffyDucks is correct. You have to open Boonty and click on something inside that has to do with your games, or your downloaded games. It will then pop up and download. Afterwards you will find it where Enthor said, in a folder under Program Files called My Downloaded Games.

Hiaw
02-16-2007, 03:25 PM
Thanks guys for your replies. Unfortunately it doesn't work yet. Got an answer by the customer service by now, saying to reinstall Boonty again and switch off Firewall and Antivirus.

No it doesnt work yet!!

Don't know whats going on. But I need to know. Hopefully I'll get some constructive answers by the customer service soon.

bird_brain
02-17-2007, 02:29 PM
Same thing happened to me after I purchased the upgrade version of SOM/FB46. I tried to download it while at work and Boonty won't install on the computer. I was using a network computer at the time. I went home and DL'ed it to my game rig and all went according to plan.

If it stops at the Boonty installation window, it is your antivirus, firewall or security settings on your computer. If you can't figure that part out, try using another computer and pausing the DL as soon as it starts in the boonty window and turn off "install while downloading" or whatever it says. You will have an .exe file about 130+ mb in your "my downloaded games" folder that you need to copy. Then burn the file to a disc and manually install it on your game rig. Then you have a backup which you should do anyway. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif