PDA

View Full Version : About TVs

amster1985
11-09-2007, 08:05 PM
I don't know much about TVs so I probably wont be very descriptive. I just need a generic, bland typed answer.

Which is more appropriate to play Assassin's Creed on:

A smaller TV about the size of a pillow and a half (like the rectangular ones) that is HD or a big TV that's like the size of a normal sized rectangular table flipped on its side that is not HD.

So basically, what's better:
small TV in HD
or BIG TV in no HD

Like would it make that big of difference if it's not HD because maybe I'm better off taking the bigger screen.

By the way, it's either one or the other I'm not buying a new TV (or at least not yet).

Zulkin
11-09-2007, 08:12 PM
I'm no expert on TVs either, but really, that'd be a matter of preference on your part. I'd say when you get it, try it on both and see which looks better. Or you could try another game with good next-gen graphics (assuming you have one) now and see which looks better.

One thing to consider is that there will be a difference in the image quality between a small HD TV and a large normal TV even more so than an HD TV and a normal TV of the same size. After all, with a small HD TV, you have a higher quality image with less pixel stretching, and with a large normal TV you have a lower quality image with more pixel stretching.

Of course, I must also mention the plausible argument that a large TV would better be able to show the scope of the cities and landscape.

But when it comes down to it, it'll just be a matter of preference. Would you prefer a sharper image, or have a less crowded screen? Again, I'd try both.

amster1985
11-09-2007, 08:20 PM
Yeah, I'll probably end up trying both anyway.

Do you have any idea though how much worse the quality could actually be? Like would it actually lose that much of its quality?

Zulkin
11-09-2007, 08:28 PM
What system are you using? I can only speak for the 360. I've noticed that with the 360, when you play a game with quality graphics (I'm out of touch with the most recent games, but I'm thinking games like Oblivion and Gears of War) in HD, the difference is enough to be noticable and make you think "wow... this is so awesome." Yet at the same time, the difference can't really be that much, because if you go back to a regular TV, you don't really miss the HD that much. (At least, that's the case with me.) By the way, my HD TV and regular TV are about the same size, so there may be a bigger difference with your TVs due to size differences (probably not by much, though.)

So, to sum it up, I really don't think it would lose that much quality, from my own experience.

amster1985
11-09-2007, 09:49 PM
Yeah - maybe I'll keep big TV.

I have Oblivion and I have a ps3. I played Oblivion on HD and non-HD before and I wasn't really paying particular attention except I didn't really notice a difference.

Maybe ever so slightly when you look but I think that Assassin's has better graphics than Oblivion so I feel it might be a bigger difference.

cooldude6681
11-09-2007, 10:08 PM
Go with small HDTV rather than big non-HDTV. You'll get a much better picture quality with the HDTV.

Blind-Panda
11-10-2007, 12:42 AM
HD all the way, I personally see a very big difference.
Size isn't all the matter, quality is IMO

and no ''That's what she said'' joke http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif