PDA

View Full Version : Open world western

hincheddie
01-22-2009, 02:46 PM
I for one would like to see a open world western themed game.

I guess I would like to know who out there agrees and what you would like the game to be like.

Laggarbacken
01-29-2009, 12:08 PM
I liked the part there you where chasing rabbits in CoJ. So yes i would love a open world western game.

Harrier-Pilot
01-31-2009, 03:21 PM
So this is an open world western shooter?

bornforhaze
02-02-2009, 12:34 PM
It seems cool i can imagine running around on a horse shooting random people LOLZ...

Nevada-Smith
02-14-2009, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by hincheddie:
I for one would like to see a open world western themed game.
Google Red Dead Redemption.

Originally posted by Harrier-Pilot:
So this is an open world western shooter?
No. The original Call of Juarez was not an 'open-world western shooter."

GatorSub1942
02-17-2009, 05:25 PM
I'd love it if Call of Juarez II was an open world game, like GTA. Go where you want, do what you want, but there's a storyline as well.

bruce57
02-18-2009, 06:15 PM
any way you want it, thats the way you need it.

Legacy_Player
03-02-2009, 01:02 PM
Personally, I'm not terribly fond of open world games. I'm the type of gamer that prefers to just jump right into the action.

Although, I'll agree that setting an open world game in the west would be a good concept for fans of those kinds of games.

RichED
03-03-2009, 06:02 PM
gun is open world

Legacy_Player
03-04-2009, 10:25 AM
Is it? Never tried that one.

Just for interest sake.. apparently Techland is working on an open world survival-horror FPS game called Dead Island.

sQb3k
03-15-2009, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by RichED:
gun is open world

And it was awesome. The only problem with it was that is was too short. Definitely worth checking out if you haven't and you like westerns.

hincheddie
03-26-2009, 09:47 PM
Gun was an open world western. Damn good game too. Could see a game like that with cool story and interesting side missions on a engine like that used in Assassins creed or far cry 2... Now that would be awesome.

westerns are a game area that has heaps of potential.

SubSane1982
03-29-2009, 10:56 PM
Potential, but seeing as Western content has been done to death it's tough to use the source material to come up with anything new. So, more power to Techland for managing to do just that.

Buckshot_Jones
04-01-2009, 08:58 PM
Few people buy western games. I'm really surprised COJ even got a sequel.

hincheddie
04-04-2009, 07:20 PM
I think people havnt been buying western games because a developer hasnt made a popular open world one with all the production value of a blockbuster game. Hopefully this kind of game is on the way.

ravinhood
04-17-2009, 11:49 AM
"Gun" I would say was semi-open and not completely open as it still drove you to do certain missions before you could advance futher into other areas. Then basically once you had done those missions and a couple of off hand quests nothing spawned anymore for you to fight except the bandits at the railroad cave.

You could only play Hold Em card game so many times till you won each one. Then you couldn't play it anymore. I was great at that.

You couldn't get anymore first town deputy missions after you had completed so many (like five I think).

I would have liked it to still give missions and quests to do even after the main storyline was over or even if you didn't want to finish the main storyline.

Once you cleared out the bandit camp in the NE they didn't spawn anymore and the whole game became a ghost map after you completed missions.

I would definitely like to see more open play with constant spawning missions of bandits and indians and animals (Night of the Grizzly anyone?) More akin to a game called DAGGERFALL where the game continues longgggggggg after the origional story is over.

owgpz
04-23-2009, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Legacy_Player:
Personally, I'm not terribly fond of open world games. I'm the type of gamer that prefers to just jump right into the action.

Although, I'll agree that setting an open world game in the west would be a good concept for fans of those kinds of games.

You bring up an excellent point. Individuals that like fast-paced games don't tend to like the sandbox games. One of my favorite games of all time is Far Cry 2 (open world) which is not the kind of game where you jump right into the action. I was hoping that COJ II was to be open world (admittedly selfish on my part), but it has such a fascinating story line that I must get it and immerse myself into the experience.

Ts_Hampton
05-12-2009, 01:56 AM
Red dead Redemption is also Coming out sometime this year, it is an open world western.

I think GUN was a great game i still go back and play it from time to time. I Have been hoping for a GUN II for a while now. It was a small map and with the engines out now a sequel could be great. It looks like red dead redemption will have alot to offer though.

Now on to COJ I really liked the first one even though it wasn't an open world game. I would love to see this game somewhat open world. giving the freedom to move around how you want to. The first coj was very confined.

trimi_dogg
05-19-2009, 03:00 PM
open world means you can go were ever you like i still never saw a game like that so ? what's your point guys http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif
also COJ 1 was a good idea but game sucked http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif no protection at all