PDA

View Full Version : AAA Kill Steals and Kill sharing

stanford-ukded
01-09-2006, 10:11 AM
Yesterday I shot down 7 planes in various ways - wings off, dead pilot no controls etc - and 5 of these were stolen by ship AAA. Is there any way to stop AAA getting credit for kills other than literally blowing the plane up?

It's really, really irritating, as is the lack of a kill-share score.

Any chance of these being implemented in a patch..ever?

ElAurens
01-09-2006, 10:51 AM
This occurs because the ship (or ground based AAA) has put more projectiles into the enemy craft than you did.

Shared kill score would be a great idea, but would lead to many a virtual fist fight.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

stanford-ukded
01-09-2006, 10:56 AM
I still feel it's an absurd system! If I cut the wing off a plane, AAA shouldn't get the kill http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

With regards to virtual fist fights, don't we already get them over kill stealing?

ElAurens
01-09-2006, 10:59 AM
I agree on both counts.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

crazyivan1970
01-09-2006, 11:11 AM
Reminds me of RL encounters http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Where AAA units claimed same kills as pilots... doubling amount of downed planes hehe.

JtD
01-09-2006, 12:57 PM
I'd like to see a "claim" button. You can press it whenever you want, for the cost of just 10 points. Whenever you do the game checks if there is anything that could be claimed by you in the previous 10 seconds. If there is, you get credit accordingly. This would mean you get maneuvre kills, you won't get safe rtb's, you can actually share kills if more than one pilots claims the same ac, aaa wouldn't rob you of kills anymore etc. etc.

WWSensei
01-09-2006, 02:19 PM
What is your goal? To know that you made the kill or to let everyone else know? If you just want to track your own kills just keep a pad nearby and put down a mark when you get a kill.

If you just want your points to display for others to see then maybe avoid servers with AAA or kill them further away from your base where AAA isn't an issue.

stanford-ukded
01-09-2006, 03:58 PM
Sensei, I knew someone would come up with that reply when I wrote the thread. Obviously you dont care about points at all and as such this thread will have little bearing on the way you play, which is fair enough.

I play this as a game, when you do something right in a game you should get points. It's simple. Points are the reward. Sure there are other rewards, but points are still a measure of how well you are doing in a given time period.

There's no need to be so blase about this. I don't want to have to shop around servers to find one with no AAA, and it'll be impossible to find one without kill stealers. I am trying to put forward some constructive points for the next patch.

I love this game, and I love more than anything playing as a team - I really don't care if my wingman gets a kill or I do, I just don't want the AI to get the kill for something it didn't do.

lowfighter
01-10-2006, 02:35 AM
OFFLINE: for me it works the other way around, I steal kills from the AA. Saw it in countless missions. Bouncing a large formation of bombers, and going from one bomber to another in one pass, high speed, just lightly damaging several bombers. Then the bombers reach the the target area and the flak begins to shot them down. And me I'm seeing with joy on the screen:
Enemy aircraft destroied
Enemy aircraft destroied
Enemy aircraft destroied
Enemy...

WWSensei
01-10-2006, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by stanford-ukded:
Sensei, I knew someone would come up with that reply when I wrote the thread. Obviously you dont care about points at all and as such this thread will have little bearing on the way you play, which is fair enough.

I play this as a game, when you do something right in a game you should get points. It's simple. Points are the reward. Sure there are other rewards, but points are still a measure of how well you are doing in a given time period.

There's no need to be so blase about this. I don't want to have to shop around servers to find one with no AAA, and it'll be impossible to find one without kill stealers. I am trying to put forward some constructive points for the next patch.

I love this game, and I love more than anything playing as a team - I really don't care if my wingman gets a kill or I do, I just don't want the AI to get the kill for something it didn't do.

Understood, but it doesn't stop you from tracking your points. Also, I didn't say stay off of servers with AAA I said try and change where you jump your enemy a bit farther away from friendly flak.

J_Anonymous
01-12-2006, 12:12 PM
I strongly agree with Stan's suggestion on the AAA issue. It *is* irritating. Those who aren't bothered by it, or those who don't care the on-line score al all, please just ignore this thread. The proposed minor improvement in the point awarding scheme should not require more than several lines of "if-then" command lines in the source code. Then, I would say, why not change?

I also noticed that when the enemy aircraft falls on water, we often don't get the credit on-line. I have not figured out the logic of how we get/don't get the credit when the enemy plane falls on water. Is the game programmed in such a way that we get the credit only if the enemy plane sinks into water before the defeated player hits "refly"? In any case, it's equally irritating as the AAA steal.

In on-line chat and Team Speak, I often encounter comments about these issues when I play on servers with realistic maps including AAA and ocean, such as UK-dedicated.

Vike
01-12-2006, 01:48 PM
And the funniest thing about this is that the chat bar in top of screen writes "x has been shot down by someone",but the kill isn't credited for anybody,thanks to AAA... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Stanford & J_Anonymous i agree with you both! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

@+

OldMan____
01-13-2006, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by J_Anonymous:
I strongly agree with Stan's suggestion on the AAA issue. It *is* irritating. Those who aren't bothered by it, or those who don't care the on-line score al all, please just ignore this thread. The proposed minor improvement in the point awarding scheme should not require more than several lines of "if-then" command lines in the source code. Then, I would say, why not change?

I also noticed that when the enemy aircraft falls on water, we often don't get the credit on-line. I have not figured out the logic of how we get/don't get the credit when the enemy plane falls on water. Is the game programmed in such a way that we get the credit only if the enemy plane sinks into water before the defeated player hits "refly"? In any case, it's equally irritating as the AAA steal.

In on-line chat and Team Speak, I often encounter comments about these issues when I play on servers with realistic maps including AAA and ocean, such as UK-dedicated.

never had this problem......