PDA

View Full Version : Idea - Planting Demolitions Restriction

RnegadeVyp3r
06-19-2007, 01:42 AM
Hey Guys,

I play a fair bit of RvA and i am getting sick to death of players running up to the ADATS and starting to lay their C4(?) while i already am or as ia m about to detonate...

Thus forcing a TK and a reduction in score.

COULD it be possible to only allow ONE person to lay C4 at a time and perhaps at it to the HUD that its already laid and for them to CLEAR the area?

I am playing more DM because of the stupidness of some RvA players.

Still loving demo and cant wait for the next patch for it for the change that are already being implimented adn then the Full version!

Well Done Grin, Kudos.

- RnegadeVyp3r.

Luis_Wu
06-19-2007, 12:04 PM
It would be cool if, after planting the C4, your team would see the ADAT tag change color. Or perhaps a hot-key that texts your team-mates "C4 planted at target A". It's rather obvious what's happening when the C4 goes off and it's nice that we get some game update. The same thing can or should happen when the C4 is planted.

RnegadeVyp3r
06-19-2007, 08:32 PM
I just want a way to stop people trying to steel your Demolition Points and to stop the needless TKs.

Last night it happened times, i had laid C4, some twit runs up and lays it RIGHT ON MINE and then blow it, Suiciding himself so that i didnt get the points.

WTF - Are people stupid? Now, i am used to online gaming and how people steel kills, vehicles, etc all in the name of points but if there is a way to prevent it, from the game mechanics POINT OF VIEW... Please do it.

Thanks.

ThumperDFN
06-19-2007, 09:45 PM
Renegade...Why don't you look at it this way. Instead of thinking that your team mate is trying to steal "your" demo points, think about the guy as trying to help his team. This is a squad based game, after all. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif Teamwork is king!

mau5eum
06-19-2007, 11:00 PM
I'd have to disagree with your Thumper, people do go for point steals all the time.

It has nothing to do with team work, team work in pubs just doesn't exist.

RnegadeVyp3r
06-20-2007, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by ThumperDFN:
Renegade...Why don't you look at it this way. Instead of thinking that your team mate is trying to steal "your" demo points, think about the guy as trying to help his team. This is a squad based game, after all. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif Teamwork is king!

Ah, are you on drugs? He IS trying to steal the points. I am already laying Demo pack, how is HIM laying it, and then forcing me to TK working as a team?

If its a teamwork based game, then HE SHOULD be covering me, not trying to steal the points. I will gladly cover my team mates while they lay demo and retreat to a safe distance. Thats the way its meant to be.

ThumperDFN
06-20-2007, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by RnegadeVyp3r:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ThumperDFN:

Ah, are you on drugs? He IS trying to steal the points. I am already laying Demo pack, how is HIM laying it, and then forcing me to TK working as a team?

If its a teamwork based game, then HE SHOULD be covering me, not trying to steal the points. I will gladly cover my team mates while they lay demo and retreat to a safe distance. Thats the way its meant to be. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whatever. Look man, you can rebut a post in the forums without making snide comments. Keep it civil! We're supposed to be able to discuss and sometimes disagree on topics without flaming one another.

CloudWOmega
06-20-2007, 05:43 PM
Well thump, he is sorta right in the first place... they should limit 1 Demo per ADAT.....i mean its not helping if he commits subside!.... any army battalion knows the first priority is taking the object out and second is keeping yourself alive, because without yourself how can you help anymore? i mean the only point suicide is aloud on the fields now is if there is no choice but to do it.... well at least it should be.... and i also think if a C4 is laid next to a ADAT near you your character should go into !!PANIC mode!! (this is a joke!) your character automatically take over and runs away like a sissy girl..... also huh i just thought of sumting ... these are so high tech.. then why cant the c4 be interlinked with the suits... so once one is planted it shows the C4 as a blinking spot.. and instead of putting a trigger on them they could put a timer of a few seconds ... say 15... then there will be no way anyone could steal your points because they cannot trigger the damn thing before you can and 15 seconds is plenty time to have everyone get out, and its also not too short to cause you to run out of match time, because you can just start onto the next one early, then they would not know what hit them and they cannot run to the explosion in high hopes to corner the demo boys... only the people who just revived will be there

RnegadeVyp3r
06-20-2007, 08:13 PM
Thumper,

If you re read my original post and then read yours and look at it ingame, from a Recon Vs Assault match mode and pretend your in my position.

Question: How does the 2nd player, laying C4 AFTER i have already laid mine or AS i am already laying mine going to help the team? The only possible answer there is that IF i am killed, he can still blow the asset.

However, if he was doing what a good squad member should be doing, covering my back then he wont need to lay the Demos in the first place.

I am not sure if you have played much RvA, or if your the one going for the Demos and if you have experienced this or not. I dont go for the Kills mainly in RvA, its all about sneaking past the enemy and i will only give away my position IF i have to to reach my objective.

Anyway, back on topic.

I agree with you 100%, you couldnt be more right if you tried "This is a squad based game, after all. Teamwork is King!"

I hope that most players would release that they are better of covering your team mates then trying to steal the Demo points.

So, I really do hope that Grin limit it so that only 1 Demo charge can be laid at a time and that something on the HUD will flash saying "Clear the Area" or something.

Cheers Guys.

- RnegadeVyp3r.

mingextreme
06-24-2007, 05:39 AM
I am playing more DM because of the stupidness of some RvA players.

You need to ensure you are communicating. Tell people before you plant the C4 and most people will do the right thing!

*********EDIT last para off topic.***********