PDA

View Full Version : Radio Command-Request Assistance Help

gencasper
04-28-2005, 05:09 PM
When is the best time to use this command in PF? Why are we allowed to as wingmen,etc? Is it a multiplayer function only? Where can I find tips to some missions like the one where your 4 squads has to take off and help some SBD's far off or something like that. I seem outnumbered in that one but not sure if you can request from ground,etc.

gencasper
04-28-2005, 05:09 PM
When is the best time to use this command in PF? Why are we allowed to as wingmen,etc? Is it a multiplayer function only? Where can I find tips to some missions like the one where your 4 squads has to take off and help some SBD's far off or something like that. I seem outnumbered in that one but not sure if you can request from ground,etc.

JunkoIfurita
04-28-2005, 09:52 PM
More radio commands become available to you as you go up in rank (and have flights or squadrons assigned to you).

Near the early parts of the game (if you're a bottom rank, as you usually start as), you won't have much use of the radio, as you are a wingman to somebody else, rather than having one assigned to you.

As you go up in rank, you'll first of all get a wingman (you'll know because you're flying number 3 out of 4 in your flight. Then you can use all the commands in the 'wingman' menu. Next, you'll get a flight under you. Now you can either order the entire flight, or just your wingman. Eventually you'll become a squadron leader and be able to order multiple (up to 3?) flights of aircraft, using the radio menu.

But in the beginning, the commands you can use are limited. You can talk to Ground Control (good for getting a vector or requesting clearance) - which also allows you to request assistance from available AI fighters if you find yourself alone and in trouble. If there are free flights, ground control will vector them towards you.

You can also use the 'anyone help me' command, which is just to the flight/squadron you are in the immediate vicinity of. Useful if you've picked an unfriendly on your six and need someone to clear you.

Later on, learn use of the 'rejoin' command. If you've ordered pilots to go do something, they won't come back to you properly unless you specifically order them to rejoin.

----