PDA

View Full Version : Improving Splintercell Versus mode

DementedPanda
06-30-2008, 06:58 PM
OK, I re-bought CT after playing so much (then getting bored) of DA's shallow Multiplayer. Now i'm bored of both, so here's my longest post:

Here is an epic list of improvements on what I think would make a better game. Basically, I think that a good mix of the two would be good.

1. Bring Back the Sound Detector from CT

2. Keep the Motion tracking method of DA (the white outline), instead of the red motion in CT, which was far too good.

3. Don't set a 'hit' button to the same button as 'grab'. Countless times I have been steathily sneaking up behind someone, only to have my player hit him from behind by accident (probably due to lag most of the time).
4. Improve the netcode/reduce lag

5. Bring back the old EM vision for the merc from CT, i don't like having to stand still in order to use it.
6. Bring back active camo, but with no green outline.

7. Keep the light 'hacking ' thing from DA. Infact, I'd say I completely prefer the hacking arm over a tazer.

8. Include more general things to interact with through the map.

9. It wouldn't be a bad idea to make the maps a bit darker, more like CT was.

10. Keep the mercs aiming/movement system the same as DA. CT was far too slow to turn round.

11. Sort out the sniper rifle so that the sensitivity isn't so slow (Ct was better than DA , but not perfect).

12. Include optimatch in the game, with a ping or a connection colour for each player in game.
13. Focus on story mode, not some bad deathmatch.

14. Bring back the old CT gadgets. Things like shootable alarm snares were far better than the thing they had in DA, heartbeat sensor in CT was also useful but could do with a slightly longer range. Smoke grenades could be toned down a bit - they probably shouldn't stop you moving so much. I think most people were fine with teh health regen in CT, so i don't see much point in putting health needles in there.
15. Don't allow flashbangs to stun mercs when they have been tazered.

16. Bring back security - but when it gets disabled, don't display a security failure message to the mercs.

17. Bring back mines, but let the spy disable them with his hacking tool at a very close range. I think spies should maybe have an option to disable lasers when they are up close and crouched without using up a gadget spot for chaf... something to sort out the glitch mines. Although, it might just be easier to leave out laser mines completely and just keep proxy.

18. Keep the spy's movement of DA obviously.

19. make frags grenades like CT ( so you don't have to 'charge' it).

20. Keep drones

21. Keep the longer time limit with maybe a life less for the spies depending on how long.

21. Keep the maps interesting, with loads of possible routes for spies in order to prevent mercs camping etc.

I personally preferred the hacking objective method in CT over DA. I didn't like the way a spy could get the same data over 4 terminals, which just resulted in people running madly around the map. I wouldn't mind the mobile hacking thing, but i think that should be the ONLY time when a spy should give off something like the heartbeat, otherwise it would be impossible for the merc to find them. I also liked the way DA had a mix of objective types.

Also, don't even bother spending time on making bots intelligent, no one really cares, I think they would far rather have a few more maps.
+ DA co op was crap.

Add to the list please

Tidenburg
07-01-2008, 10:05 AM
I'm pretty sure there will be no SvM for this title. Sorry to disappoint you. You can hope they go back to L&S next sequal so the SvM makes sense but as for now most the devs had said multiplayer is something exciting, most of what they have found exciting hasn't really appealed to me yet so I think alot of people are just crossing their fingers.

Nit3mare_
07-03-2008, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Tidenburg:
I'm pretty sure there will be no SvM for this title. Sorry to disappoint you. You can hope they go back to L&S next sequal so the SvM makes sense but as for now most the devs had said multiplayer is something exciting, most of what they have found exciting hasn't really appealed to me yet so I think alot of people are just crossing their fingers.

For all we could know, Conviction could be based off both Social and L&S Stealth. We can keep dreaming, can't we? (Especially since we don't have THAT much info)

CoastalGirl
07-03-2008, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Nit3mare_:
For all we could know, Conviction could be based off both Social and L&S Stealth. We can keep dreaming, can't we? (Especially since we don't have THAT much info)
For all we know...it's not. LoL

Last we "knew", there was no L&S - "Ubi" said so themselves. Now, of course, we'll just have to wait and see what they mean by "evolution". http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

EtoBylaShutka
07-03-2008, 07:42 PM
People!I'll ask u a stupid question:where I can find good usefull chat or forum in english(american) language? Сами мы не местные,во и спрашиваю.
I hope u can help me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ERN456
07-03-2008, 08:07 PM
Off Topic forum

ORsaleen
07-04-2008, 12:42 AM
Wont happen. By the time we get a merc vs spy I'll probably be middle aged and wont even care about video games. Either way they lost 1 consomer. Great job Ubisoft, great job...

A7X_The_Rev
07-07-2008, 11:17 PM
I hate the heartbeat sensor things for the mercs in DA. makes it way harder for spies to touch them. BTW Ubisoft what the Hell? We Voice and we voice, and you continue to ignore. and to think i used to love you.

EmmaJordan
07-08-2008, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Nit3mare_:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tidenburg:

For all we could know, Conviction could be based off both Social and L&S Stealth. We can keep dreaming, can't we? (Especially since we don't have THAT much info) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ubisoft officially said that the multiplayer would be the social stealth and that there would be no spy versus merc (something about spy versus merc not coinciding well with the single player game ---makes you feel real good about the single player game, doesn't it?).

Ubisoft has made a conscious decision to completely alter the game play mechanic...i.e., no more (or substantially reduced) light and shadow game play. The decision to not use spy versus merc would lead me to believe that the balance between "social stealth" and "light/shadow stealth" highly favors social stealth.

Put simply, Ubisoft is favoring the John Brown's army style of missions over the CT light/shadow missions. I don't know about you, but the John Brown Army missions made Double Agent much less fun for me... I have yet to replay the single player mission for fear of having to endure those again (whereas, I have replayed Chaos Theory countless times).

You have some great suggestions, but they can now be filed in "what could have been".

As far as further sequels, I wouldn't count on it....Conviction will need to do well financially to justify a sequel.

Remember: by radically changing the game play and making this exclusive to XBOX360, Ubisoft is writing off its PS3 fans and hard core light/shadow fans (certainly, some will be open to the change and still buy it, but many - judging by these boards - are going to pass). Double Agent, reportedly, did not do incredibly well (obviously, well enough to do a "sequel" but I believe it fell far short of Chaos Theory) so, if this sequel doesn't do well, the franchise may not be profitable enough to do future sequels.

ProductOfChina
07-09-2008, 06:00 AM
Here's a damn good suggestion: make it round based. Like Gears of War. It will allow people to take turns being Spy and Mercenary. No more spy hoggers. It WILL keep the community alive for much longer. I know the reason most people quit was because everyone hogged spy and the game could never start because of that.

DementedPanda
07-10-2008, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by ProductofChina:
Here's a damn good suggestion: make it round based. Like Gears of War. It will allow people to take turns being Spy and Mercenary. No more spy hoggers. It WILL keep the community alive for much longer. I know the reason most people quit was because everyone hogged spy and the game could never start because of that.

Chaos Theory had an option for this somewhere in the game, but it was abused if I remember correctly.

andycc08
07-15-2008, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by DementedPanda:
OK, I re-bought CT after playing so much (then getting bored) of DA's shallow Multiplayer. Now i'm bored of both, so here's my longest post:

Here is an epic list of improvements on what I think would make a better game. Basically, I think that a good mix of the two would be good.

1. Bring Back the Sound Detector from CT

2. Keep the Motion tracking method of DA (the white outline), instead of the red motion in CT, which was far too good.............................................. ............
.................................................. ............
.................................................. ............

Also, don't even bother spending time on making bots intelligent, no one really cares, I think they would far rather have a few more maps.
+ DA co op was crap.

Add to the list please
and please dont froget about the classic and ever so profound spies vs. mercs deathmatch