PDA

View Full Version : Engine go boom!

Shalihan_79
10-20-2004, 09:03 PM
Not sure if this is the right forum or not (newbie)...

When I try to fly a ME-262, my engine or engines will catch on fire either before, during, or after take off. I can turn on invinsibility, and it still happens. Even if I have the mission start with me in the air, my engines will catch on fire as soon as it starts. Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

Shalihan_79
10-20-2004, 09:03 PM
Not sure if this is the right forum or not (newbie)...

When I try to fly a ME-262, my engine or engines will catch on fire either before, during, or after take off. I can turn on invinsibility, and it still happens. Even if I have the mission start with me in the air, my engines will catch on fire as soon as it starts. Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

Owlsphone
10-20-2004, 09:06 PM
It means that you are moving the throttle too quickly. Try being slower and smoother with throttle inputs. Hope that helps...

JR_Greenhorn
10-20-2004, 11:27 PM
Another thing:

Air starts usually have throttle set at around 2/3 or something. If you have throttle too far away from that (like wide open or closed), as soon as mission starts the throttle "jumps" to where your slider is set. Set the slider close to 2/3 or so while the mission loads to prevent it.

PBNA-Boosher
10-21-2004, 06:16 AM
It all has to do with the fuel injection system, actually. THe more throttle, the more fuel and higher RPM's. Therefore, if you jerk the throttle too hard foward, You're putting in too much fuel at low RPM's, thus causing a fire in your engine. If you jerk the throttle too hard backward, you're not letting in enough fuel at High RPM's, causing a flameout.

That helped me to understand how to use the 262's throttles anyway.