PDA

View Full Version : Punkbuster Duplicate GUID/CD-key kick

fUble_baSs
05-17-2004, 08:33 PM
Hey, I just installed the new 1.2 patch.
Since then, I cant connect to any servers. Each time I enter a server, punkbuster is kicking me out saying "Duplicate GUID/CD-key".

I just want to know if there is a way to fix this. I saw on punkbuster.com that in their server update, it was suppose to be fixed.. It still not working for me.

fUble_baSs
05-17-2004, 08:33 PM
Hey, I just installed the new 1.2 patch.
Since then, I cant connect to any servers. Each time I enter a server, punkbuster is kicking me out saying "Duplicate GUID/CD-key".

I just want to know if there is a way to fix this. I saw on punkbuster.com that in their server update, it was suppose to be fixed.. It still not working for me.

bladeofnight
05-17-2004, 09:22 PM
same here.

http://www.pitt.edu/~rjr2/banner.gif

TrackStarzZZ
05-18-2004, 11:48 AM
yup same **** here

the CHAMPION

Cripper87
05-18-2004, 12:23 PM
and here...

Shannon_AUT
05-18-2004, 12:43 PM
And with my friends copy too. Works like a charm here. Just trying to find some facts. Do you guys use a nocd .exe and do you use a router?

N-Explosion
05-18-2004, 02:50 PM
EXACTLY the same here!

It reads: 'You have been kicked by punk buster (for 2 min)... duplicate GUID/CDKEY' EVERY time I try to join a game!

No, I don't use a no-cd patch, and yes, I do use a router (Sitecom)

It seems this problem is quite common, anyone got any good ideas?

Anyone? Haven't played a game in three days!

-----------------------------
Lambert:"If you raise that sub yourself, you're going to bring up a lot of Darah Dan Doa, who won't be happy to see you."
Fisher:"You're underestimating my charm."

fUble_baSs
05-18-2004, 03:53 PM
Yes, im using a router, but I dont think it could be related.

I had to download the punkbuster fix a couple of weeks ago to fix the missing punkbuster bug. I dont know if it could be related. Maybe it could explain de GUID duplication but im not too sure..

Anyway, those with the problem, post if you had the missing punkbuster bug.

Skateguy
05-18-2004, 05:52 PM
hey, i'm getting that error, but i never had the original punk buster bug. I am behind a router, and i think that may have something to do with it. Funny thing is that i can make a game, but i can't join a game... silly no?

npauerk
05-18-2004, 08:07 PM
I'm definitely having the same problem...

fUble_baSs
05-19-2004, 12:28 AM
Yeah, i can create a game too but because I never opened my port, no one else can join

Luraki
05-19-2004, 04:13 AM
bah i have the same prob. but no router btw.
and i can create a game 2 without this damn error

Thunder1234_nl
05-19-2004, 06:02 AM
ive got the same ****** **** plz bring out a patch or something else http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

N-Explosion
05-19-2004, 12:54 PM
Ok guys, I sent Ubi an e-mail with this problem. The answer was very short and it didn't help for me, but I want to share it with you anyway. The answer was: 'Please try logging into the ubi.com website with the same username and then logging out again. See if this resolves the problem'

That's it! As I said, it didn't work for me, but try it out yourselves!

I updated the question, so I expect another answer. If I receive it, I'll post it here!

Lambert:"If you raise that sub yourself, you're going to bring up a lot of Darah Dan Doa, who won't be happy to see you."

agent-stex
05-19-2004, 01:10 PM
ive also got this error and im on a router :/, although it did work pre patch

Luraki
05-19-2004, 01:35 PM
this "login-and-logout" at ubi.com doesnt work for me 2 ;(

N-Explosion
05-19-2004, 02:13 PM
(Maybe you already noticed, but: ) With this little problem, you CAN join a server that hasn't got punkbuster enabled. Played 2 games tonight for the first time in 5 days or so!
But.... there are only VERY few non-pb servers out there. I met a guy in this 1 game, who had the same prob., so he hosted a non-pb game, which seemed to work fine. But since I still can't host a game (due to NAT), I think that's NOT a good solution...
So... anyone else got an idea?

anyone?

A_M_
05-19-2004, 02:29 PM
Hi, same problem here, Im behind an Edimax router, dunno if thats the problem tho.

bladeofnight
05-19-2004, 04:12 PM
Guys I am also behind a router and had this problem but took the time to figure out how to open the ports that the readme file says and now it works fine...try to make sure all those ports are open and you should be alright...at least it worked for me. Hope this helps.

http://www.pitt.edu/~rjr2/banner.gif

Skateguy
05-19-2004, 04:38 PM
original: you wanna post the port numbers it says to open? i can't find it in the readme

edit: nm, i found them, i'm posting for people who are silly like me, or just lazy

"Problems with Firewalls
If you have a firewall on yo
ur Internet connection, the following ports should be open (consult your firewall documentation):
TCP 40000 to 43000 included
UDP 44000 in input/output
UDP 45000 in input/output
UDP 45001 in input/output
UDP 7776 in input/output
UDP 8888 in input/output
"

fUble_baSs
05-19-2004, 10:32 PM
hmm, I just saw on fileplanet a new 1.2 patch.
This time it a Canadian version of it

Filename:can_scpt_multi_update1.2.exe
Author:Ubisoft
Size:17.3 MB

Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow by Ubi Soft - US/CA retail v1.2 multiplayer
patch

Special attention has been paid to comments from players who've had
difficulties joining servers. The development team has done everything possible
to improve this part of the game. Our objective was to reduce the amount of
time spent in the menus.

This new version will allow you to quickly join a game using the following
features:

- invite a friend or join them
- join a server directly by IP address
- ban a gamer and add them to a black list
- improved management of shared connections (NAT)
- launch the multiplayer mode directly, without going through the main menu
- more legible fonts in the menus
- more intuitive menu navigation using the keyboard

Anyway, since I bough the game in Canada, I guess it's a canadian version. I'll go try it right now to see if it fix my problem with punkbuster.

danielsonjrlibr
05-19-2004, 10:36 PM
dearest people who are a hiaving this issue wit the GUID/cd key kick ban for 2 minutes i have the cure !!!!!!! LOL if you are behind a Dlink router you need to access your settings through your web browser create a rule and set yoru UDP 8888,45001 go to Dlink support site it gives you the step process also upgrade your router firmware dlink.com (http://dlink.com)

fUble_baSs
05-19-2004, 10:37 PM
weird.. I cant even install that patch
It's telling me that I need to use the US patch..

I'll try to open my ports then to see if I can fix it this way

fUble_baSs
05-19-2004, 11:56 PM
Wow, you were right
I opened all the port they are telling you to open and I upgrade my router firmware and now its working.

Thanks Danielson, and I hope everyone will get to fix there things too

N-Explosion
05-20-2004, 05:05 AM
well, didn't work for me. (I mean opening all the ports)
I opened every port in the list, but I'm still getting the duplicate GUID/CDKEY error. I'm getting a bit tired of this. I've spend several hours with this problem by now, but I can't get the game to work. There must be someone who knows what to to about this. A dev maybe, I don't care! I bought this game, and I think for the money I paid, Ubi should get a good customer help going. Place something on the internet, organise a chat, I realy don't care. Just do something about this. Hell, I'm not the only one with this problem, am I??!!
I've never seen a game with this many bugs in my entire life, and as for splinter cell 3: I think I'm just as excited as everyone about it, but this time, before I buy the game, I want to know about the number of bugs and glitches, this just isn't possible! I think I spent more time trying to repair this game than playing it. Is that normal?

Ok, thats it for now.

Ubi, you're listening????

omnilaw
05-20-2004, 08:16 AM
yeah I'm having the same issue all ports are open and I've reset teh router the cable modem and the pc but I can't get anything.

fUble_baSs
05-20-2004, 08:40 AM
Try updating the firmware of your router.
Before upgrading them, with all the ports open, it was not working. After that, I updated it and it was working.
You might also make sure that the DMZ host is open.

N-Explosion
05-20-2004, 09:40 AM
No, I won't open the DMZ host. It makes you very vulnerable to attacks of any kind. Call me paranoid, but I won't do it.

[This message was edited by N-Explosion on Fri May 21 2004 at 02:31 AM.]

fUble_baSs
05-20-2004, 12:58 PM
I understand your fear but you could at least try to open it just for a couple of minutes just to see if it's working when it's open.

cale18
05-20-2004, 02:07 PM
how do you access the ports?

fUble_baSs
05-20-2004, 02:40 PM
Hmm it depend of the router you have I guess.
For mine (Linksys), all I need to do is open my internet brower (iexplorer) and type my default ip (192.168.1.1). Then, il will ask you for your username and password. If you never played with that, the password will be: admin

fUble_baSs
05-20-2004, 02:42 PM
Oh and I forgot, I email both ubisoft and punkbuster about this problem. I'm still waiting for an answer from ubisoft, but punkbuster did answer me saying they just been informed about the problem and they were looking into it.

HalfdanJ
05-20-2004, 03:43 PM
buhuhuuuuu.... im a clan leader, and cant even play with my own clan buhuhuuuuu http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Please visit our clan website at http://www.techgiants.com/h2o

cale18
05-20-2004, 06:22 PM
thnx fuble. i have linksy's too

cale18
05-20-2004, 07:13 PM
hmm i ended up changing the ports but then screwed everything up. so I had to reset the damn thing lol. so in other words that didn't work.

N-Explosion
05-21-2004, 03:29 AM
I got an answer from ubi again. Now they're asking all kinds of information, like the name of my router, detailed system info and router settings, the kind of firewall I'm using, even my serial code and my IP-adress! I don't realy know if I want Ubi to have this kind of detailed information on me!

@ fUble_baSs: Think you're right, I'll try to open the DMZ for a couple of minutes, see if it works!

Luraki
05-21-2004, 03:46 AM
it doesnt depends on the router, because i dont have one and i have the same prob like u.
i noticed another strange thing.
i have isdn and 2 providers. with one of them it works, but not with the other.
dont know how 2 compare the settings between them (ports, or something like this). maybe u can tell me some commands and maybe i can give u some interesting information.
its just a try.....

N-Explosion
05-21-2004, 04:34 AM
Ok, I've found a 'solution' for this (at least for me).

fUble_baSs advised me to open the DMZ host; I did. And guess what? After opening all the required ports and enabling multi-DMZ in the config menu of my router (Sitecom), it worked!
But I can't leave the DMZ open all the time, can I ?!
I'll mail this to both Ubi and punkbuster, see if they can use it to think of a better solution.
Maybe you should all try it for once, just leave it open for a couple of minutes, then close it again. Please post the results of that little test here, I'm just curious.

Hope this helps, 'cause personally I'm realy freakin' tired of this!

fUble_baSs
05-21-2004, 10:00 AM
Great thing to hear n-explosion.
As for leaving the DMZ host open all the time, I dont think it's too recommended. Usually, I open it when I go play and close it right after.

dark_syn
05-21-2004, 02:12 PM
Still doesnt work for me http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif
I've tried DMZ, opening the ports, updated my PB manually, reinstalled SC:PT, and different combinations of all the help here but I still cant play a PB server. I've emailed PB, but they never got back to me and its been 5 days and the same with Ubi. Any actual fix in sight besides the work arounds???

N-Explosion
05-21-2004, 04:31 PM
They're working on it for sure. I'm having e-mail contact with someone from the ubi tech support. The last mail I sent him contained all kinds of information he asked for. I gave him pretty detailed info, hope he can do something about it. I expext an answer from that guy soon ('till now, they replied to everything within 24 hours!). If something usefull comes up, i promise I'll let you all know, I know how frustrating this is. I've spent several hours on this by now, so expect an update (at leat from me).

N-Explosion
05-21-2004, 04:34 PM
http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/353.gif: HalfdanJ, your URL STILL isn't working. I've tried to visit your website several times, but it's down again!

scworld
05-22-2004, 12:27 AM
I've got a router (Sweex), firewall disabled, no ports opened
and I can host (could NOT before the 1.2 patch http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif ).
I've been in a PB server myself a few times, but most of the time I get kicked. I CAN host a PB-enabled server. I am not sure about a PB-disabled server, but I'll try that later.

<A HREF="http://www.splintercellworld.com" TARGET=_blank>
http://img.splintercellworld.com/misc/sigforum.jpg </A>
Bobodov: "You're not here to help me?"
Sam Fisher: "I'm not here at all!"

chacha123
05-23-2004, 04:54 PM
*Tear...I just want to play ubi http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

N-Explosion
05-24-2004, 05:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chacha123:
*Tear...I just want to play ubi http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

... don't we all?

GaseouSnake1
05-24-2004, 04:17 PM
*******IT UBI DO SOMTHING! I PAID FOR YOUR GAME! LET ME PLAY IT!

AgentZ95
05-25-2004, 09:44 AM
UBI Knows about the problem and they are working on it.

I emailed them:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Discussion Thread
---------------------------------------------------------------
Response (TRENT) - 05/24/2004 06:19 PM
We are currently looking into this issue. At the present time, we are unsure as to what may be causing the problem. We are in contact with PunkBuster to see if we can find a solution for the problem. In the meantime, try completely uninstalling SC:PT and deleting the files and folders left over in the game directory. Then reinstall the game to the default location and apply the patch (v1.2).

Thank you for your patience and understanding while we work to resolve this issue. If you are no longer having trouble, please disregard this message.

Auto-Response - 05/24/2004 04:21 PM
Title: SC: PT Multiplayer Update v1.1
Link: http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ubisoft.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=9510&p_created=1080830373

Title: What Ports are Required to Play Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow?
Link: http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ubisoft.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=9380&p_created=1080073730

Title: Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow Multiplayer Update v1.2
Link: http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ubisoft.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=9674&p_created=1084890506

Title: Error: General Protection Fault
Link: http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ubisoft.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=9483&p_created=1080678550

Title: Use of HeadSet (Headphones/Microphone)
Link: http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ubisoft.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=9377&p_created=1080068407

Customer (First Last) - 05/24/2004 04:21 PM
This occurs with the new 1.2 patch:
Every time I try to connect to a punkbuster enabled server I get the error "You have been kicked for 2 minutes, reason: Duplicate GUID/CDkey".

I can connect to non-punkbuster servers just fine without the errors.
I did not have this error back in the 1.1 patch.

I AM behind a router/firewall, specifically a ************.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

N-Explosion
05-25-2004, 11:07 AM
I've been in contact via e-mail with Ubisoft for over a week, but still I haven't got anything LIKE a satisfying answer!! They requested all possible info, my serial nr., IP adress, settings and so on. I'm getting realy tired of this. I don't want another e-mail, I wanna play again!!

BTW: Punkbuster at least explained what's happening. Here's their answer:

Hello,

THe reason for the kick is because you have no GUID..and that means that your CD-Key is not getting to the UBI login server. If you can, try bypassing the router and see if the problem lies there.

Thats the important part of it.

Hope this'll be fixed somewere soon.

fUble_baSs
05-25-2004, 01:34 PM
It's good to see they are both working on it.
We just need patience now

GaseouSnake1
06-05-2004, 09:07 PM
Can we all just go back to 1.1 patch so i can play again?

fUble_baSs
06-06-2004, 10:54 AM
I beleive you can still use the 1.1 patch.
Before finding a solution, I was playing on 1.1. There is not as much people but it's still better than nothing