################################################## ###########

ANNOUNCEMENT

Warclouds will switch to 4.09b1m Unified Installer 1.1.1 + CRT2
WCWF 67.106.81.125:21000
TS: ts.war-clouds.com Password: warcloudsrox

################################################## ###########

~S~
Pilots!

For months now the question of WarClouds moving to a controlled MOD version has been before you all and the question has been considered by the admin team for longer than that. A solid majority of our players are in favour of a controlled MOD environment. There has been a substantial and sustained effort by the MOD community to address these control issues. It all adds up. Our pilots want this, control has been addressed and its time to change.

To those that were banned in the past for MOD usage, those bans are removed. It is time to look ahead, not behind and to let bygones be bygones. Should you decide to join: Welcome Back!

To those that are not in favour of this move, we understand and respect your position but we hope that you will move with us. We hope that you can also say it is time.

Testing on a test server has been underway for many days and has gone well. Several among you have answered our call for help with this testing and, not only have these pilots given their effort to the testing task; they have also presented well-considered opinion to the future direction of this server. Its been a pleasure to work with them, as always the pilots make the server and they have all our thanks. And to ALL of the WarClouds community that have continued to support WarClouds during one of its most trying times, thank you as well.

Starting on March 27th WCWF will run 4.09b1m + AAAs UI1.1.1 with 6DOF and CRT=2

Until then the WarClouds ToH server is open to the general public and you are all invited and encouraged to join and to try it out for yourselves. The ToH server can be found on HyperLobby. If there are any questions, don't hesitate to ask them on WC forums.

Most of you are aware of what AAAs outstanding work has to offer and among these offerings are planes that fit well into WarClouds Western Front and open exciting possibilities.

As of now the WarClouds policy on useful MODS discussion is wide open and unrestricted on our forums.

More information can be found >>here (http://www.war-clouds.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=4818)<<

Thanks for your consideration,
The Warclouds Admin team

Diablo310th
03-23-2009, 08:30 AM
Hot Darn!!!!!!!! I can come back to one of my favorite servers now. ~S~ you all for teh decision.

GH_Klingstroem
03-23-2009, 08:43 AM
yup and as we all know. Warclouds has probably the most skilled pilots of all servers out there! And the people who dont believe it, join Warclouds and you will find out very very soon that you are fresh meat for lots of pilots.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

Von_Rat
03-23-2009, 08:02 PM
i know crt2 isnt perfect, but i think it'll go a long way to assure people of a even playing field.

that was my biggest concern with mods, that it opened the door to casual cheating.

imo having a server with mods, that can also restrict cheating, is the best of both worlds.

julian265
03-23-2009, 10:36 PM
Looking forward to it!

WTE_Ibis
03-23-2009, 10:52 PM
Good news indeed,
cheers.

GH_Klingstroem
03-24-2009, 06:09 AM
bump

P51er
03-24-2009, 07:43 AM
Sweet. Good server, good stats, the best pilots!

You don't get better by flying against a bunch of noobs on other servers. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

danjama
03-24-2009, 08:03 AM
I for one am looking forward to it. I hope there will be bomber missions!

Von_Rat
03-24-2009, 08:08 AM
if i understand correctly, there will be some maps tailor made for high alt bombing by the b17 and b24.

these maps will have targets suitable for high alt bombing and heavy low level aaa to discouage low level bombing. futhermore i understand that the escourt fighters will have restricted loadouts so the cant carry bombs.

if i have any of this wrong im sure someone will correct me.

danjama
03-24-2009, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Von_Rat:
if i understand correctly, there will be some maps tailor made for high alt bombing by the b17 and b24.

these maps will have targets suitable for high alt bombing and heavy low level aaa to discouage low level bombing. futhermore i understand that the escourt fighters will have restricted loadouts so the cant carry bombs.

if i have any of this wrong im sure someone will correct me.

that would be amazing

does the B17 have functional bombsight? i havnt used it yet

DKoor
03-24-2009, 11:28 AM
I'd like to mount rear gun in the B-17 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif .
Hope they will release mod which will enable multi-crew planes to be manned by humans. On dogfight server.

Urufu_Shinjiro
03-24-2009, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by DKoor:
I'd like to mount rear gun in the B-17 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif .
Hope they will release mod which will enable multi-crew planes to be manned by humans. On dogfight server.

That would be awesome, it's one of the reasons I'm looking forward to SoW as Oleg said this would be possible.

JZG_Thiem
03-24-2009, 01:23 PM
Great stuff!

I am playing on WC sometimes. The WC crew is a very tough bunch to play against, but they are always fair. Great teamplay usually is guaranteed.

Unlike with many other servers, their Teamspeak channels are always very well populated and you are always very welcome, even is english isnt your native language.

I_KG100_Prien
03-24-2009, 02:05 PM
Hmmm...

May be the motivation I needed to finally Re-install and Mod IL-2 again.

megalopsuche
03-25-2009, 11:29 AM
I've heard a lot about this server but never seen it listed on hyperlobby.

JZG_Thiem
03-25-2009, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by megalopsuche:
I've heard a lot about this server but never seen it listed on hyperlobby.

Look for WAR_CLOUDS_WF or WAR_CLOUDS_TOH

megalopsuche
03-25-2009, 10:56 PM
Now I see it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

GH_Klingstroem
03-28-2009, 10:27 AM
bump

danjama
03-28-2009, 11:31 AM
Tried to join last night, i connected, but it kept timing out strait away. Same thing happened by direct IP attempt. No idea what that's about. Nobody in HL knew either.

rnzoli
03-28-2009, 11:44 AM
Re "timeout straight away": was that Timeout 1 by any chance? If that is the case, you have a mod-pack incompatibility with the server, or you run a very old operating system, like Win2K.