PDA

View Full Version : Manning multi-crew-planes is still an hard job.

zarskoe
11-02-2004, 06:03 AM
Manning multi-crew-planes is still an hard job.

The AUTOPILOT activation for the pilot position and the bombsight position are related.

As a conseguence You can' t leave Autipilot flying plane to target when manning the bombsight device: you have to disable autopilot to mann the bombsight instrumentations, but so you' ll lose the raight couse to target. It` s almost impossible to correctly controll the plane route from the bombsight possition without proper instruments and often with a bad view.
And manning the plane from be bombing sight station is unrealistic too.

On the contrary when taking control of plane, -pilot position-, no one mann the bombsight instrumentation and you can' t know when is time to release your bomb load.

I suggest that computer AI should take control of the vacant position, piloting station or bombsight station, as so as it takes control of the different gunner-positions. For purpouse of realism that would be more accurate too.

zarskoe

Philipscdrw
11-02-2004, 06:12 AM
Assign a key to 'Level Stabiliser'. Line up with the target, press the key, and the AI will fly you in a straight line. Use the trim to stay at constant height. Then put the speed and height into the bombsight and use it as normal.

zarskoe
11-08-2004, 01:24 PM
answer to:
""Assign a key to 'Level Stabiliser'. Line up with the target, press the key, and the AI will fly you in a straight line. Use the trim to stay at constant height. Then put the speed and height into the bombsight and use it as normal.""

LEVEL STABILISER command is no more present in PF.
There' s a AUTOLEVELPILOT but it's related to AI activation of vacant positions in multy crew planes.

zarskoe

Tully__
11-08-2004, 01:33 PM
"Level Stabiliser" is present in PF. It's in the primary flight control section at the top of the controls assignment screen, not down in the miscellaneous section with "Autopilot" and "Toggle Level Autopilot".

I just tested, it works just like always.

Frosty288
11-08-2004, 01:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>LEVEL STABILISER command is no more present in PF. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That can't be right, I use level stabilizer on my B-25 every time I fly it.