PDA

View Full Version : how does the new weapon selection wheel work exactly?

DannyStrong
11-16-2011, 11:43 AM
can anyone explain to me how the new weapon selection wheel works? I get that you use either analog stick to choose either your primary or secondary weapon.... but I don't get how youre supposed to assign the presets..

For example, how would I set it up so right on dpad is my sword + throwing knives, and up on the dpad is hidden blade + smoke bomb...

When I set right on the dpad to my sword it shows up, but hwne when I try to assign throwingk knives to it as well it seems to override the selection.

massmurdera_666
11-16-2011, 11:52 AM
diffinatley confusing and annoying, Ubisoft should have never changed this, its like trying to play a whole new unfamiliar game. it ruins the flow for me.

kriegerdesgottes
11-16-2011, 12:00 PM
It is complicated and annoying. Is there not a way to use sword and hidden blade at the same time? or is that just a combo? I think all there is to the second wheel is that if you hit triangle he will throw a bomb or knife but the combat otherwise is exactly the same. I don't like how they changed the buttons around. It seems unnecessary. Now there is no first person anymore at all.

E-Zekiel
11-16-2011, 04:35 PM
I don't think it's complicated - just clunky to get used to.

"Dual wielding" works like this - one main weapon, one ranged weapon. Square for main, triangle for ranged. You cannot use square for sword and triangle for hidden blade.

To change your D-Pad "hotkeys", select what you want to hotkey on either wheel, and make sure it was your LAST selection. IE, if you want to hotkey throwing knives to down on the D-Pad, move your right wheel to throwing knives, then press down, and DO NOT TOUCH YOUR LEFT JOYSTICK AT ALL UNTIL YOU HAVE PRESSED DOWN.

Note that this will change the corresponding key. If you hotkey a ranged item, it will change your triangle button, not your square button.

Blind2Society
11-16-2011, 04:45 PM
I haven't had any issue with it and I like it a lot. The only thing I don't like, whose bright idea was it to make the crossbow a primary!?

xCr0wnedNorris
11-16-2011, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Blind2Society:
whose bright idea was it to make the crossbow a primary!?
Obviously someone who wants to quickscope rapidly with both the crossbow and hidden gun without switching weapons.

Yoshack Fyre84
11-16-2011, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
It is complicated and annoying. Is there not a way to use sword and hidden blade at the same time? or is that just a combo? I think all there is to the second wheel is that if you hit triangle he will throw a bomb or knife but the combat otherwise is exactly the same. I don't like how they changed the buttons around. It seems unnecessary. Now there is no first person anymore at all.

Is that true there's no first person? There are options that allow you to adjust first person mode inversion for the X/Y axis'. I couldn't find a way to get to a first person view mode though. Maybe just certain sections of the game have it.

Yoshack Fyre84
11-16-2011, 04:56 PM
I haven't had any issue with it and I like it a lot. The only thing I don't like, whose bright idea was it to make the crossbow a primary!?

I really like the weapon selection in Brotherhood, it worked great. I feel the crossbow should be a primary though, it was very useful in Brotherhood, if a guard was spotting you, you were able to switch to the crossbow and shoot them dead before you were fully recognized. Without the crossbow in Brotherhood I'd still be trying to achieve 100% sync I bet. I'm not far in the game yet, but I hope it's still as handy.

Blind2Society
11-16-2011, 05:01 PM
A crossbow is not a cqc weapon and should not be a primary. Terrible idea. As for switching to the crossbow quickly, it's much quicker now, just hit trianlge (if it were a secondary like it should be of course). It's still quick as a pimary but it replaces your combat weapon, which is rediculous.

Oh, first person is for eagle sense. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif and, ummm, semi spoiler <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Desmond missions</span>

Yoshack Fyre84
11-16-2011, 06:33 PM
Okay, I am right at the start of the game. I have 5 throwing knives, but see no way to select the throwing knives. There's the whole second wheel I can't seem to access. I've tried all combinations of buttons and can't do it. How do you select throwing knives?

Shoot nevermind, just have to use the RIGHT thumbstick to use the RIGHT wheel. I selected knives, now when I'm on my main sword I have the option to hold and throw the knives just like it should be. Hopefully I'll be able to choose if I want Gun or Knives with the sword instead of how it was in Brotherhood, where knives were only with the Small Weapon.

Blind2Society
11-16-2011, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Yoshack_Fyre:
Shoot nevermind, just have to use the RIGHT thumbstick to use the RIGHT wheel.
http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/Blind2Society/facepalm.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

wsexson
11-16-2011, 10:17 PM
A crossbow is not a cqc weapon and should not be a primary. Terrible idea.

Since you can melee counter with the crossbow I think that it should be a primary.

Blind2Society
11-16-2011, 10:30 PM
Can you? I did not know that, maybe I'll have to give it a shot. Irl, though, it seems as it would be far too easy to shoot yourself trying to use a crossbow as a melee weapon.

Yoshack Fyre84
11-16-2011, 10:31 PM
Here's a plug for the Razer Onza Tournament Edition Controller. Having to use the Y button on to throw knives or shoot the gun was annoying because I'd have to take my thumb off the right thumbstick. This controller gives you two extra buttons right behind the RB and LB that you can program to any other button. I've made them both Y, now I can throw a knife without having to move my thumb from the thumbsticks. WINNING!

E-Zekiel
11-16-2011, 11:07 PM
Can you? I did not know that, maybe I'll have to give it a shot. Irl, though, it seems as it would be far too easy to shoot yourself trying to use a crossbow as a melee weapon.

You can. I remember seeing it in the AC:B trailer and wondering how exactly someone did a counter that led to a crossbow shot...as it turns out, you have to use it TO counter, hehe.