PDA

View Full Version : Opera browser wont D/L patches?

VFThunderboy
09-18-2005, 07:15 PM
Im using the Opera browser to D/L the huge patches on a 56k line. Problem is, that wehn it cuts out or stops, you cant start up again, it just goes from the beginning. The OLD opera would start/stop with no problems. Anyone have any info on this? Thx.......

VFThunderboy
09-18-2005, 07:15 PM
Im using the Opera browser to D/L the huge patches on a 56k line. Problem is, that wehn it cuts out or stops, you cant start up again, it just goes from the beginning. The OLD opera would start/stop with no problems. Anyone have any info on this? Thx.......

arcadeace
09-18-2005, 08:26 PM
Use a reliable downloader with resume capability. Also make sure the link is resumable.

Here‚‚ā¨ôs a link to Getright (http://www.tucows.com/preview/193980)

Tully__
09-19-2005, 10:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Also make sure the link is resumable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Particularly this. Not all download sites support resuming interrupted downloads.

VFThunderboy
09-19-2005, 10:59 PM
This site does, I got a free one off the web, but had to uninstall it after I was done, kept doing wierd things. But it works when you need it! Opera used to do it.

HelSqnProtos
09-20-2005, 12:22 AM
S~!

Right click on your file in the transfer window and tell it to resume the transfer. I have been using opera for over 2 years now and it is by far the best browser available. Good luck.

P.S Download programs suxxor, I advise you to stay away from them. also many sites reject them. Just my 2 cents.

greypeace
02-19-2006, 02:30 AM
I use Metaproduct 1.8 .It normally resume interrupted D/L's but here for the needed resuming feature all the hosts make the system download through the normal microsoft default downloader which is UNRESUMABLE #@$%^@#.I hope your problem was sorted out ,for me I just lost 5 hours to a host allowing MEtaproduct but with NO resume state.Wher do I go from here ???

greypeace
02-19-2006, 03:32 AM
While happyly downloading with Metaproduct 1.8...
I thought that it could help some chaps who are in my ex situation.
I use Metaproduct 1.8 in an "automatic mode"meaning that it does pretty well what it wants.
It has the way of using more than one channel of the host and more and more the hosting sites are aware of it and consequently block the channel hoggers redirecting the download to microsoft non resumable default.
So what I did was set it to 1 channel only then
as it did not go to metaproduct 1.8 ,I forced the use by dragging the link to a the download manager list of files
And that was it .
Now I can restart.
By the way I use UBI download site
follow ==&gt;&gt;pacific fighters ==&gt;&gt;upgrades and you're there

En passant,,...
Please go slow on the pictures and quality of it !!!!

It takes ages to swap pages as they have to load and reload ..
Thanks for the poor guys with 56 and 64 ks..