PDA

View Full Version : Gray pop up screen missing with 1.4b

alarmer
06-22-2005, 04:11 PM
Topic says it all.

I don´t get ship/plane spotted screen at all with 1.4b installed. I have reseted defaults from options screen, but still no gray pop up screen.

Just announcement on "news" screen that ship has been spotted and the game continues to run on as before.

Anybody else has this one?

alarmer
06-22-2005, 04:11 PM
Topic says it all.

I don´t get ship/plane spotted screen at all with 1.4b installed. I have reseted defaults from options screen, but still no gray pop up screen.

Just announcement on "news" screen that ship has been spotted and the game continues to run on as before.

Anybody else has this one?

lecek
06-22-2005, 05:09 PM
I have gotten the popup a few times now. It seems to work for me. But I have noticed that you do not always get the pop up box. For example if you have been watching a ship manuallly from deck and suddenly your watch spots it, you usually don't. But if you are at TC 64 from the map view it usually will. I am not sure exactly what the rules for when it will and when it will not are exactly.

alarmer
06-22-2005, 05:43 PM
It seems too random to me, I liked the old pop up box better.

Been playing 1.4b for over 6 hours, met atleast 6 ships and zero gray pop up boxes http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif