PDA

View Full Version : Persians?(minor spoilers)

nazerianj
12-07-2009, 10:05 PM
Ok, this has been bothering me for some time now.The original Hashashins were Persians. Alamut is in Persia. Why was everybody in AC1 Arabic?

More importantly why are Persians not mentioned in the AC series at all. I didn't see any Persian history references in any of the subject 16 glyphs and they had plenty of room to throw some in. Now granted this game did take a huge plot twist but it is, and was, essentially about the Hashashins. AND, the Hashashins were persian. Thus the lack of Persian references in the AC games is just...annoying.

Now, Ubisoft has been incredibly accurate with it's historical facts so far. This leads me to believe they left out Persians on purpose. There's no way they just "forgot". Personally I feel like they got tired of persians after making the prince of persia games so they didn't want to make Altair another Persian.

Now I don't have a problem with what they've done but I just find it all curious to say the least.

And yes, im Persian....

Captain Tomatoz
12-08-2009, 01:24 AM
if you read the glyths and watch the truth vid you will find that the assassin's have been around since the time of adam and eve http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif well thats what i think anyway

ARIARAIDEN
12-08-2009, 08:53 AM
But the true origin of the Assassins is Persia.

Hatzego
12-08-2009, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by perser16:
But the true origin of the Assassins is Persia.

Only in 'real life', or that is so far what we know with the technology we have, and even then there is still debate between historians. AC is fictitious, albeit based on true events. For all we know Persians could be mentioned in the third game, or in any future handheld spin offs.

warsow7
12-08-2009, 09:06 AM
I think Ubisoft is being very careful with Persian and Islamic material. Notice the many references to Jesus of Nazareth yet the complete lack of Mohammad? There would likely be a large outcry of anger from some if Ubisoft had a representation of Mohammad in the game. It's not worth what might happen.

OzDavis
12-08-2009, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by warsow7:
It's not worth what might happen.
Yeah. UbiSoft causing muslims to riot all over the world is the last thing we need, like the "computer games promote violent tendencies" lobbyists need any more <STRIKE>genuine</STRIKE> ammunition!

jimbo11235813
12-08-2009, 12:52 PM
Although the original Hashshashin were from Persia, but the assassins in AC1 are from Syria (Masyaf is in Syria. It's true Alamut is in Persia, but it's a different location). Jerusalem, Damascus, and Acre aren't in Persia. Hence, nothing about Persia.

Simple answer done by quick research.