PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Unbalanced, Severe Lag Problems, Network Ranked Statistics Broken

Yoshack Fyre84
02-16-2011, 07:14 PM
Assassin's Brotherhood Multiplayer is suffering from apparent lag related timing issues, causing the game to be unbalanced and frustrating as all hell to play. Too often are my smoke bombs, mutes being countered with a kill. And too often my kills and abilities are countered with stuns. I know my connection is faster than what most people play on so this shouldn't be a problem, but is. I've even taken to activating smoke bomb and mute earlier to account for the lag, but that isn't making any difference. When I mute somebody and then they all of a sudden charge into me and stun or kill me, when I know they were muted first is ridiculous. I wish I had video of all the messed up crap that has happened to me in Assassin's Brotherhood multiplayer. I've had a few instances when everything worked great, timing was on and no issues. But lately it's been getting worse and worse and I almost don't want to play the game anymore because of how upset it makes me. In addition to all the issues I'm having with the gameplay, I don't show any statistics or kill death ratio on the Assassin's Network. I signed up, I created a gamecard, I tried to create a clan but that doesn't work. Tried to join one but I'm not receiving invites. All I play are ranked matches and I've done most of the VT challenges, no statistics are showing up. Can someone at least acknowledge there is an issue and maybe give me some hope something is being done to make it better?

And again, some kind of tweaking needs done to the timing of special ability activation and effect to account for the different connection speeds of players so it stops favoring the person with the slower connection, which is very apparent to me that's what it's doing. People with higher speed connections are being punished for some reason, and it's not very cool.

FlailingAmigo
02-16-2011, 07:19 PM
tl;dr

protesticle
02-16-2011, 08:22 PM
Yoshack as I believe the lag as you call it is universal and I can guarentee after 1000+ games that you just have to adapt. I come from Australia and I well know the advantages of host connections in first person shooters. I have never experienced a game where someone has had a host advantage as far as I am concerned ACBM is the most fair multiplayer I have ever played in terms of connections. I understand the lag I have the experience to prove it. You can complain and whinge how bad it is or simply learn to play with it like everyone else. Lag is amplified by sudden reactions from walking to a bunny hop sprint and you need to understand this. I by no means smoke or mute everyone but you do get better at it as you predict their speed plus the accelaration plus the dual affect this will have on the lag. Just practice some private matches and learn the distances with some friends then in no time you will be as close to perfect. Sorry for the blockoftext.

Zoidberg747
02-16-2011, 08:25 PM
We know, its only been said TWENTY F$#%@& TIMES
Seriously, the search function is your friend

protesticle
02-16-2011, 08:30 PM
The search function fails, I do not agree he should have posted such a common post however I can see why he did it...

Squiiddish
02-16-2011, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Zoidberg747:
ZOIDBERG ANGRY

ZOIDBERG SMASH THREAD

PirateMonkee
02-16-2011, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Squiiddish:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zoidberg747:
ZOIDBERG ANGRY

ZOIDBERG SMASH THREAD </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

^^ This.

xCr0wnedNorris
02-16-2011, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Squiiddish:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zoidberg747:
ZOIDBERG ANGRY

Actually I think he devoured this thread, you know how much Zoidberg likes to eat. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

iseelifeinhd
02-16-2011, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by xCr0wnedNorris:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Squiiddish:
ZOIDBERG ANGRY

Actually I think he devoured this thread, you know how much Zoidberg likes to eat. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now what is a (space) lobster's diet?

SolidSage
02-16-2011, 09:25 PM
@OP
We don't need a video, EVERYBODY has experienced it and adjusted their timing or profiles to account for it.
50% of the time it happens to me, its because of the connection, and I then know I need to throw the smoke earlier, the other 50% of the time, I threw my smoke too late and refuse to admit it.

Lethalla
02-16-2011, 10:48 PM
A Space Lobster's diet is ANYTHING and EVERYTHING

* floor lasagne with only 2, no 3 bootprints in it...
*a boot from the bottom of the ocean...
*a live raccoon
*a bucket of fish heads
*and, this THREAD

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Fettsbounty
02-17-2011, 12:56 AM
While I understand everyones annoyance at yet another lag thread. I would like to add that it does seem like it has gotten worse, especially the past couple days. And first thing I want to say is that no it's not just me but my friends as well who generally has better latency than I.
The reason I say it seems to be getting worse is the a serious increase in smoke bomb and mute failure rate. Now mute was already up there with failing, but smoke bomb was quite a bit better. Only past couple nights have been bad. Smoke bomb alone failed 9/10 while I get stabbed right through it. While before it failed maybe 3/10 times.
Other than the increased failure rates of certain abilities I am also seeing a ton more "teleporting". Where players are disappearing and reappearing 10m away. Something I actually rarely ever saw.
And third and the most noticeable, the increase in NPC popups, or delayed npc spawning. I have not seen so many empty standing blend groups that fill in with npc's popping in after several seconds. Along with the npc's in far distance. I have actually been able to lock on to my targets while they are in blend groups more than halfway across a map because at that distance he's standing alone, but when I get close have found he has other npc's, with an occasion or 2 having full blend group morphed.
So while before Lag was for the most case minor and manageable. I am finding it seems to be worse now than before.

xCr0wnedNorris
02-17-2011, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Lethalla:

*a live raccoon
*a bucket of fish heads
*and, this THREAD

And flags, they also enjoy the occasional flag.

cptn_k
02-17-2011, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by xCr0wnedNorris:
And flags, they also enjoy the occasional flag.

No flag - no country!

(cake or death?)

FlailingAmigo
02-17-2011, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Lethalla:

*a live raccoon
*a bucket of fish heads
*and, this THREAD

And sandwices bought with stock

Lethalla
02-17-2011, 01:00 PM
damn, I forgot about the flag!

Yoshack Fyre84
02-17-2011, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Fettsbounty07:
While I understand everyones annoyance at yet another lag thread. I would like to add that it does seem like it has gotten worse, especially the past couple days. And first thing I want to say is that no it's not just me but my friends as well who generally has better latency than I.
The reason I say it seems to be getting worse is the a serious increase in smoke bomb and mute failure rate. Now mute was already up there with failing, but smoke bomb was quite a bit better. Only past couple nights have been bad. Smoke bomb alone failed 9/10 while I get stabbed right through it. While before it failed maybe 3/10 times.
Other than the increased failure rates of certain abilities I am also seeing a ton more "teleporting". Where players are disappearing and reappearing 10m away. Something I actually rarely ever saw.
And third and the most noticeable, the increase in NPC popups, or delayed npc spawning. I have not seen so many empty standing blend groups that fill in with npc's popping in after several seconds. Along with the npc's in far distance. I have actually been able to lock on to my targets while they are in blend groups more than halfway across a map because at that distance he's standing alone, but when I get close have found he has other npc's, with an occasion or 2 having full blend group morphed.
So while before Lag was for the most case minor and manageable. I am finding it seems to be worse now than before.

Thank you for lending some credence to my rage fueled rant. I know Smoke Bombs and Mute fail a lot, but these last few days have been particularly enraging. I am also noticing the other things you mention, players "teleporting" 10M away and seeing NPCs disappear and appear. My OP probably would have been better received if I threw a few more examples like that in rather than just keyboard raging.

Zoidberg747
02-17-2011, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by PirateMonkee:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Squiiddish:
ZOIDBERG ANGRY

^^ This. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This made my day http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif thank you