PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Follow-Me View

Dr_Schmerz
01-02-2005, 05:32 AM
Hi all, Id like to suggest something that should be very easy to implement and could give a lot of fun to us simmers:

In previous flight sims, there was a type of view where one was located behind the plane - like the F8 view - but one did the same movements as the viewed plane. It was like following the viewed plane in another plane with very short distance, and that was a lot of fun.

Wouldn't that be a nice feature for the next PF update?

womenfly
01-04-2005, 01:08 PM
Yes .... sort of a wingman postion.

Gato__Loco
01-04-2005, 01:47 PM
We have that already. The "chase" view.

LEBillfish
01-04-2005, 08:50 PM
No, F2 & F8 views are nothing like it. If I understand the originators post he is wanting something like I believe it was F5 in RB3d....Wherein the chase view flew like a plane, and you could actually shake it briefly.

It was helpful in showing how evassive you could be, as it's FM had to try and match you which just like r/l was difficult for it so had a very real effect.

However, it for the most part was just a rarely used novelty...neet to watch but old after 2 minutes. Personally I'd for the time being rather se efforts focussed elsewhere but an interesting extra if time allowed.

Lukki
01-06-2005, 01:06 PM
Sounds arcade..let's have a dynamic crosshair in the same view, too. Would help with the AI planes some servers offer. I guess it would be like Crimson Skies then. Not that I would mind.

Aeronautico
01-07-2005, 10:08 AM
I think Dr_Schmerz actually has a point.
What he describes should be something that I saw first in A-10 Cuba!, a ten year old very nice flight sim.
The camera would follow the plane "fluently", on the contrary to what F8 does (being fixed to the plane as this had a pole attached), and the dynamic motion made it look realistic actually, way more than what F8 does now (and which I never happen to use therefore).

Beirut
01-07-2005, 08:45 PM
A-10Cuba! was a riot. Had tons of fun with tat sim.

As for the camera, I'd like to see something like the "shaky camera" option in Lock On. You hit the standard external view key + Shift (something like that)and you get a very cool close up chase plane view that moves around a bit and shakes. Very lifelike and very neat.