PDA

View Full Version : O.J. Simpson got

Angel Fire
12-05-2008, 12:02 PM
The man got 15 years in the pen in Nevada for his stupidly. He will never do that much time as we all know because of the way it works. But for now there is no bail set till after the appeal.

kleaneasy
12-05-2008, 12:04 PM
Probably a silly question but I've not been watching much of the news lately, what's he done??

halo_99
12-05-2008, 03:47 PM
15 years for murd... Uhhh, I mean, robbery? Wow!

quillan
12-05-2008, 04:11 PM
The charges including kidnapping and armed robbery. This one was stupidity. He'd literally gotten away with murder. Technically he still has; he'll probably be paroled in 6-10 years.

Agentx_OO3
12-05-2008, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Angel Fire:
The man got 15 years in the pen in Nevada for his stupidly. He will never do that much time as we all know because of the way it works. But for now there is no bail set till after the appeal.

fail . He got 33 years not 15 years.

Gypsy816
12-05-2008, 07:55 PM
Ms-Kleaneasy this might help you. There is a nice short summary http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

OJ Trial (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O._J._Simpson_murder_case)

Angel Fire
12-06-2008, 11:12 AM
Yes so I found out today. Yesterday on CNN they kept saying 13. But than it turns out that not everyone could really understand the judges sentencing till her clerk explained it to them.
Now I not a OJ fan by any long shot but to my way of thinking this was a little over the top.
Locally a person would not have received that much time for a stupid crime like that. What I found interesting is the judge's comment that this was not a retribution for his getting off on his former trial for murder. But the statements in our paper has made me wonder.
He didn't and shouldn't get off scott free but he will be housed separately and more than likely live like a king in prison which is WRONG IMHO

kleaneasy
12-07-2008, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Gypsy816:
Ms-Kleaneasy this might help you. There is a nice short summary http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

OJ Trial (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O._J._Simpson_murder_case)

Yes I'm aware of the Nicole murder (I think anyone old enough to walk at the time knows about that lol)

I was speaking more specifically for this recent crime/ imprisonment.

I_am_a_SC
12-07-2008, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Angel Fire:
Yes so I found out today. Yesterday on CNN they kept saying 13. But than it turns out that not everyone could really understand the judges sentencing till her clerk explained it to them.
Now I not a OJ fan by any long shot but to my way of thinking this was a little over the top.
Locally a person would not have received that much time for a stupid crime like that. What I found interesting is the judge's comment that this was not a retribution for his getting off on his former trial for murder. But the statements in our paper has made me wonder.
He didn't and shouldn't get off scott free but he will be housed separately and more than likely live like a king in prison which is WRONG IMHO

I have to disagree with you on the judges sentence. This is very much in line with the crimes he committed. It was armed robbery and kidnapping along with other charges of a violent nature. I now work in the field of corrections and dealing with these guys every day, some who are first time offenders, this is right in line with their sentences. Plus the judge that sentences him is very well known for making her sentences close to the maximum when it is a case of violence. There was premeditation in the crimes committed, a firearm pulled and a bunch of other factors that totally warrant the sentence he got. Let's also not forget, OJ is not a first time offender. Yes he got off on the murder charge because of a bias jury that were out to avenge black people but the one in Florida, he plea bargained out of a few years back. He also was found liable for the murders in a civil case which also counts for him having priors. I'm glad the piece of crap will never see freedom again because he has done nothing productive in society in the last 15 years. It just took a while to finally catch up to him.