PDA

View Full Version : pacific fighters and aol issue

imagedktr
07-23-2005, 03:04 PM
question for all those more knowledgable .
I cannot get onto play online as the connection always times out before connecting. fire wall is off I am running aol 9 on b/band so if anyone can help feel free to shout up !
Thanks
Shane

imagedktr
07-23-2005, 03:04 PM
question for all those more knowledgable .
I cannot get onto play online as the connection always times out before connecting. fire wall is off I am running aol 9 on b/band so if anyone can help feel free to shout up !
Thanks
Shane

VW-IceFire
07-23-2005, 05:45 PM
It used to be a general rule that saying internet, gaming, and AOL, in the same setence would lead to much scorn and many attempts to switch ISPs.

I'm not sure if that situation has changed but I remember a few years back hearing about all the nightmares people would have playing Internet games on AOL. Sorry I can't be of too much help...I don't know the service too well but it used to be issue ridden - maybe not anymore?

ChwyNiblet
07-23-2005, 09:02 PM
While my router was broke I had to run all my internet games through AOL, although I lagged a bit more and my FPS went down a tad nothing major happened like timeouts or not connecting. Your best bet is to call AOL yourself. Sorry I couldnt help you out.

AFSG_Bulldog
07-24-2005, 02:42 PM
If you have broadband why in the world would you even consider running AOL?

Having said that, when you go to the Il2 setup program (under the network tab) do you see multiple IP addresses from which you can choose?

If you do, you need to select the one AOL is using. Of course you will have to do that each time you want to join a game, as AOL changes IP addresses quite often. It sounds like you will have to do what people who are on a router have to do. Except their IP will not change every 15 minutes like on AOL.

ashley2005
07-24-2005, 02:52 PM
aol is hte spawn of satan .. im on 1 meg and when i play games every now and then it has lag spikes e.g goes up to say ping 500 for a couple of seconds ..its hell and i always get kicked off sewrvers cause of it ..proper annoying . oh ye dont bother to phone there help service ..its over in india and you can never understand anyone that you talk to ..AOL should have a warning "before you join make sure you arnt gonna play games as aol sucks ..thank you come agen"

VF-29_Sandman
07-24-2005, 07:48 PM
u dont need aol if u are on broadband since its basically an isp. junk aol toot sweet. aol just hogs resources u cant afford