PDA

View Full Version : Class 101 - How to model a character in 3D

Ariakas1991
06-08-2011, 11:47 AM
I have previously done a topic like it, asking, if possible, to redone the running animation of Ezio because his elbow passed right through his cape in both Assassin's Creed II and Brotherhood. Nothing was done, of course. But now, in AC:B, they even gone further in the path of annoying and poor modeling.

I'm talking of course about this : The giant black hole AROUND Ezio's arms. I took a random video to show you what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pC9SYrBXO5w
(You can see it at 0:02) Giant black hole!

WHAT THE **** IS THAT?
It is the first I've seen anything quite like it. REALLY? Not attaching the arms to the torso? WHY THE ****! It is beyond annoying. It's disgusting. I'm a the only one you really thing that this is bad?

And of course, they are using the same "procédé" for Revelations. If only I could speak to one person on team to ask him : "WHY THE ****??".

ThaWhistle
06-08-2011, 11:50 AM
im 90% sure its meant to be a shadow caused by a gap in between his armor and his clothing. however i will agree that the animations don't seem to have gotten much better since AC2(which itself was a big step up from the original though) there is still a lack of fluidity between certain motions, like running on a flat surface and transitioning to climbing or running on another surface is sometimes not fluid.

itsamea-mario
06-08-2011, 11:54 AM
Well don't worry about the shoddy cape, 'tis gone.

RzaRecta357
06-08-2011, 12:50 PM
Incase you didn't notice. They re-use the engine so Ezio has Altairs walk and everything all the time.

I don't think they've ever CHANGED the animation engine but pretty much upgraded it with new moves.

So don't expect a change.

lukaszep
06-08-2011, 03:49 PM
It's one of those things you just have to overlook. No game will ever be perfect, and who are we to be picky? (Okay we're the people that pay for the game) but really, it's the whole package that counts, you buy the game for the experience not in hope to see the most realistic cape physics.

Mic_92
06-08-2011, 08:38 PM
You have got to be kidding me.

Blind2Society
06-08-2011, 09:37 PM
I think 'realistic cape physics' play a big role in the appearance of a game, and it was mainly the appearance that initialy got me hooked on AC1. In Red Dead Redemption I was impressed with how good the Mexican Poncho looked. Ubi can do a bit better in this area and I think they will for AC3... I hope http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif