PDA

View Full Version : GWX/SH3 Commander & Medals

Karl_Donitz_Jr
05-20-2007, 01:42 AM
Hi all, just wondering something about GWX & SH3 Commander & medals....

What it is... Under the stock game I got U-Boat war badges from 1939 & my first patrol, now I don't in 1939 or my first patrol.....

Has the criteria for these medals changed? Date or prequisites or the like? I certainly got the tonnage (50K+) and renown (2000+)...

Thanx!

geoffwessex
05-20-2007, 09:34 AM
I haven't analysed the complete set of medals and badges, but I do know that SH3 Cdr is more historically accurate about the issue of badges - with the "Uboat War Badge" being issued from late October 1939 and the "Front Clasp" some time in 1944. I found that, while SH3 will happily award the badge from Sept 39, SH3 Cdr (if you run 'auto-fix') will remove the badge until re-awarded after October 39. I'm not sure if the "front clasp" is awarded by the game too early, but if it did, then SH3 Cdr will take it away again, until awarded in late 1944.

I like SH3 Cdr's extra historical accuracy and also the way it will send your senior officers away to do Kaleun training, leaving you with a more realistic crew. On my first career, without SH3 Cdr, I found all my officers eventually became the same rank as the Kaleun - not realistic at all. On another occasion, my top Sonar WO got jailed after a bar-room brawl - my sonar/hydrophones efficiency would have taken a nosedive but I'd luckily(?) had a second, inter-changeable sonar/radio man from the outset and he had been awarded with the same promotions and medals.

Poseidon_142
05-20-2007, 01:17 PM
so Commander actually causes you to loose men due to promotions and brawls and so on? very very neat wel I have not used commander much as I can not get it to see my other install of SH3

Cooper_468
05-25-2007, 08:25 AM
Yeh SH3 commander is a cool addon, iwonder if it would be easy to make a similar addon for SH4.