PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Question

rblanshard
11-28-2004, 11:42 AM
OK, so I'm new to Pacific Fighters. I got FB/AEP because of Pacific Fighters. I've been searching through the forums looking for my answer but I can't find anything specific.

A buddy of mine also has FB/AEP/PF and he's always running his mouth off about how good he is. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif I think it's time for a little online smack down. So how do I do it?

We both have DSL and back with CFS3, I think I remember being able to directly connect PC to PC and dogfight online. We tried to do this the other night, but couldn't get it working. We tried Ubi.com as well as trying to create a server in-game but we couldn't get it going either. What's the best way for the two of us to get online and dogfight or coop?

Hyperlobby? Ubi.com? Or is there another way - like connecting directly to each other's PC? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Troll2k
11-28-2004, 02:28 PM
All of the above.You can join or host on both Hyperlobby or Ubi.com(althought hosting from behind a router on Ubi.com is not supported)

You can also join via direct ip.the client must know the hosts ip address.Then click on multiplayer.click join and then enter the ip of the host.

If playing on Ubi or Hl do not start the game first.Let the game browser do it for you.

rblanshard
11-28-2004, 08:13 PM
Thanks Troll, I guess we were on the right track earlier, we just didn't go one more step. I'll give it another shot this week.

WTE_Dukayn
11-28-2004, 08:50 PM
kick his a$$ http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

Troll2k
11-29-2004, 03:35 AM
After rereading my post I think I should add the following.

The host should click on multiplay and then click on create .The person joining should click on join and enter public ip.(not internal ip in case of a router)

Bearcat99
11-29-2004, 06:38 AM
You could also just go to Hyperlobby and do a private one on one. Hit the Sturmovik Essentials link in my sig too for some good information.

Tully__
11-29-2004, 07:19 AM
If the host is running a firewall or router there's some port forwarding to be done too. Port 21000 for the game, which is all you'll need if you're doing the direct connect thing. You may need one or two extra for Hyperlobby and Ubi wont work at all if you try to host through a router.