PDA

View Full Version : Do you want blood?

Mr.Duckie
06-08-2005, 12:22 PM

RMaule
06-08-2005, 02:50 PM
Blood is essential for a realistic games. Not much obviously, just a mist when the enemy troops are shot and mayde a splatter up the wall if they are near one. With the power of the 360 ubisoft have got no excuse.

X13lazeX
06-08-2005, 03:33 PM
blood is a must!! but there should be a setting so that younger children that parent do not wish for them to see should be tooken out...also i wouldnt mind seeing head blowing up from head shots haha just makes it mroe realistic

NightEagle29
06-08-2005, 04:29 PM
Blood is a must please dont do like you did with GR2 and take the blood out

Agent Green
06-08-2005, 08:02 PM
I almost voted no but, humans do bleed. I vote more for realistic gunshot wounds, contrary to what most people think they look like. In fact, GR2 had it pretty close--with .223 you usually don't even see a hole.

X13lazeX
06-08-2005, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Agent Green:
I almost voted no but, humans do bleed. I vote more for realistic gunshot wounds, contrary to what most people think they look like. In fact, GR2 had it pretty close--with .223 you usually don't even see a hole.

ummmmm GR2 had no blood from the 2 weeks of playing then going back to orignal http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

silent_strike22
06-08-2005, 09:02 PM
i think there should be a realistic spatter, and we arn't using a .223 so i think the caliber we use would provide a decent amount of spatter.

SEN ONE
06-08-2005, 09:25 PM
No blood in GR2 made me see red.

jchung
06-09-2005, 08:05 AM
I think the blood in OGR was fine. I just don't see a reason to go any further with more gore. Dismemberment to any degree would be excessive IMO. Don't take this the wrong way, I just don't think it is necessary.

As far as I know there are no guns in any of the GR series that use a .223cal round. The rounds used are 5.56mm. Not that there is a great difference between the two. Just chamber pressures, tolerances, and bullet grains.

WhiteKnight77
06-09-2005, 08:41 AM
If I am using an M82, I expect a great deal of blood spatter, a half inch round leaves a pretty big hole going in and worse going out if it hits a bone (good probability if hit in the chest).

Oetzi_101
06-09-2005, 10:35 AM
the lack of blood was truly annoying. ill be expecting to see it in GR 3.

X13lazeX
06-09-2005, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by jchung:
I think the blood in OGR was fine. I just don't see a reason to go any further with more gore. Dismemberment to any degree would be excessive IMO. Don't take this the wrong way, I just don't think it is necessary.

As far as I know there are no guns in any of the GR series that use a .223cal round. The rounds used are 5.56mm. Not that there is a great difference between the two. Just chamber pressures, tolerances, and bullet grains.

well i want realism and ppl when get shot dont just shoot blood they loose limbs, parts...and i want to see that into the game...it also gets the children off the game because mother wont let them little children buy it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

SEN ONE
06-09-2005, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by X13lazeX:
it also gets the children off the game because mother wont let them little children buy it

Those "children" make up a huge portion of the market, which means more money for ubi if mommie and daddy let them play. Ubi is a company like all others, they want to make money. Nothing wrong with that, but it sucks for us adults that want to see blood and bad language. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

WhiteKnight77
06-09-2005, 12:28 PM
well i want realism and ppl when get shot dont just shoot blood they loose limbs, parts...and i want to see that into the game...it also gets the children off the game because mother wont let them little children buy it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

Have you ever been shot? How do you know if people lose limbs if you haven't? Just yesterday on Cops (a repeat), a woman had been shot in the butt. Just holes going in and out with trails of blood oozing down her jeans from the holes.

You are more likely to lose limbs from explosive devices that produce shrapnel and explosions or be eviscerated because of it.

People can survive gunshot wounds. Depending on where hit, there may be little or no blood or lots of blood.

Brainlicker
06-09-2005, 12:30 PM
There's no saying there can't be an option to turn off blood. A lot of games incorporate a feature for that.

Agent Green
06-09-2005, 12:39 PM
Well fine...by .223, I meant .223 Remington Special. Guess what lads, that's what you gurus like to call 5.56mm ball. I use it for varmint shooting, and big surprise! I almost never see any splatter, and there's barely any torn flesh (usually through eye or ear). It makes for nearly bloodless kills on deer too. There is, however, a very light mist (looks like grey/red smoke) from impact.

For .338 magnum and .50 you can expect very different results. Even so, bleeding occurs after the trauma, not during. I guess there should be an action/shooter blood setting for the typical gamers who like to see blood pumping out when they shoot someone.

WhiteKnight77
06-09-2005, 12:42 PM
GR1 did blood pretty good, a small spray if that and just some oozing afterwards.

Agent Green
06-09-2005, 12:46 PM
From what I remember of the original, I agree. It wasn't too much at all.

jchung
06-09-2005, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by X13lazeX: well i want realism and ppl when get shot dont just shoot blood they loose limbs, parts...and i want to see that into the game...it also gets the children off the game because mother wont let them little children buy it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

Lol, you want the full monty. This part of GR is one that I would be fine leaving it the way OGR did it.

@Agent Green

You are right that there is very little torn flesh when you hit a "target" with a .223cal round. The entry wound a .223 creates is only 52% (give or take a percent) of the entry wound a .308 creates.

@everyone who may not have much experience with ballistics

Especially with high power rifle rounds (as they mostly just overpenetrate, don't believe all of the hype of tumbling, as ammo has proven to rarely perform as advertised), the tissue that the round disturbs from the hydrostatic shock is what kills a person, not bleeding.

Imagine dropping a heavy rock into water, then throw a pebble into the water, and you can see that despite the velocity of the pebble being thrown, the large rock will create more shockwaves that move out further from the point of entry.

A few years back, a federal agent shot a man twice in the right shoulder near the joint with +P .45 cal Fedral Hydrashock rounds, and the man did not die from bleeding, but his heart ruptured from the hydrostatic shock. Remember, I said the right shoulder near the joint, and he was facing the man. The rounds did not enter from the side so they never hit anywhere near the heart.

jenkles
06-09-2005, 10:51 PM
It looks like some want semi-realistic blood and others want more over-the-top GTA type blood...

Prozac360
06-10-2005, 02:40 AM
most of the time body shots and limbs usually just creat a hole in wich blood will come out....

headshots in the right area can cause part of the head to implode ...

i like how gr did most of the deaths, grenades and claymores are a diffrent story thoe

XyZspineZyX
06-10-2005, 03:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jchung:

well i want realism and ppl when get shot dont just shoot blood they loose limbs, parts...and i want to see that into the game...it also gets the children off the game because mother wont let them little children buy it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know blaze, no disrespect intended but some of your ideas worry me lol.
I know explosions can and do cause limbs to pop off but not with gunshot wounds. As said by others before me, the blood in GR1 was spot on imo and thats all we need back.

In terms of stopping the younger ones playing, that wont happen. The ones which annoy you enough to feel that way are usually the ones whos parents dont even know what they're playing let alone the way they behave online etc so thats just not going to change no matter what you do to the game or its rating.

jchung
06-10-2005, 06:57 AM
@Klean

Agreed. I just thought of this one. Wouldn't dismemberment require more code? The game would have to distinguish between explosions, and gunshots, and then remember where the limbs fell to.

I think all of this is not really necessary, as I would rather see the effort put into improving the AI, and adding tactical gameplay.

WhiteKnight77
06-10-2005, 09:04 AM
@Klean

Agreed. I just thought of this one. Wouldn't dismemberment require more code? The game would have to distinguish between explosions, and gunshots, and then remember where the limbs fell to.

I think all of this is not really necessary, as I would rather see the effort put into improving the AI, and adding tactical gameplay.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Gameplay and not bells and whistles. They belong in Halo or UT or GTA, but not GR.

cobaka
06-10-2005, 10:20 AM
@Klean

Yes, plus more complex character models. The combination of the two would affect CPU usage - I certainly don't want processing power limits causing enemy to spawn right before my eyes http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

silent_strike22
06-10-2005, 11:31 PM
i think OGR did it fine, enough of a mist for a report and the puddle was nice to identify a body from a prone snioper(most of the time) i would really hate to see the gore effects done too over the top.

X_Hamilton_X
06-11-2005, 10:02 AM
Of course I want blood. Ironically, I popped Far Cry (another Ubi game) in my PC yesterday (finished the game over a year ago) to replay my favorite level (Boat - where you can race around the islands in a motor boat with a machine gun and rocket launcher shooting men on the shore, in towers, and in rival boats). I capped two guys in the boat I wanted to steal and swam out to it. As I was approaching the boat I saw their blood pooling in the water, getting caught by the current, and fading away at the edges. I had forgotten about the realism. It was very cool. I'm also certain we'll never see the like on a console game from Ubi under its current mindset of making military games child friendly.

spm1138
06-12-2005, 03:43 PM
As long as it isn't "realistic" like Soldier of Fortune 2 was "realistic" I wouldn't mind.

If it's too silly OTT and unrealistic (I mean really, there's only so many times you can graze a guy with a shotgun and watch his leg explode before it loses it's charm) I'm just going to turn it off.

natedogg1975
06-13-2005, 03:48 PM
<span class="ev_code_RED">I definitly think there should be more blood I mean not to the point were it looks loke your in the OR but enough to make it more real like if they showed it on the fatiques if would look more real</span>

metalsquee1
06-14-2005, 04:38 PM
well they should make it more real.. but they r they r putting in more dinamics the enviorment will reanact eith another but they do need blood or make it will lims fall of when they r shot by a 50cal or any kind of exsplosive... and get better weopons sounds... they should just make as real as posible... dont u agree?